Amgen Interview Questions in South San Francisco, CA

Updated Aug 7, 2015

2.2

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amgen (South San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Since I was a long distance candidate, they flew me out for the interview. The interview lasted half a day (about 5 hours), and met with the cross-functional staff. Each of them had a great interest in my background and what I wanted to do. One or two people had canned questions, but they were softballs nonetheless. However, it's been over two months (maybe three) and I haven't heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral, some from the resume, some from my experiences, and some in regards to the job at hand.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen (South San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

One day trip to the company, First, an hour presentation, the presentation was board casted to other company department located all over the US. More than 10 face-to-face talk, cheap lunch was offered.

Grad Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (South San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Submitted application online via the website. Contacted by hiring manager for a phone interview 16 days after the online submission. 1 round of interview, 1-on-1 with hiring manager over the phone within a couple days after being contacted. Decision was rendered the following week. Was contacted by HR and asked to do a background check, afterwards was given an offer. Post offer details involved drug test and another background check. Overall, the interview process was very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about yourself? Q: Why Amgen? Q: How does your background make you a good candidate for this position? Q: What are you interested in? Q: How much of the summer are you able to commit? All the questions were very common interview questions.   Answer Question

Specialist Systems Administrators Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (South San Francisco, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Interview process was pretty standard, I met with the groups I would be supporting and the groups I would be working with. There was a good bit of dissent about the duties, as this position is split between a number of groups. The interview consisted of a number of phone interviews, then an in-person interview. I was working with a recruiter, and he handled a lot of the logistics. The buracracy for the interview and hiring was quite significant, and took a lot of management

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate base salary, compensation for lost options from my old job. The salary and benefits negotiation is handled by an contractor (all hiring is outsourced) so be as tough as possible. The hiring manager has no vested interest other than getting you in for the lowest possible salary.