Amgen

Relevance Date Difficulty

Specialist Systems Administrators Interview

Specialist Systems Administrators
South San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Amgen in March 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process was pretty standard, I met with the groups I would be supporting and the groups I would be working with. There was a good bit of dissent about the duties, as this position is split between a number of groups. The interview consisted of a number of phone interviews, then an in-person interview. I was working with a recruiter, and he handled a lot of the logistics.

The buracracy for the interview and hiring was quite significant, and took a lot of management

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate base salary, compensation for lost options from my old job. The salary and benefits negotiation is handled by an contractor (all hiring is outsourced) so be as tough as possible. The hiring manager has no vested interest other than getting you in for the lowest possible salary.

Worked for Amgen? Contribute to the Community!