Amgen Interview Questions in South San Francisco, CA

Updated Apr 9, 2015
Updated Apr 9, 2015

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amgen (South San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

One day trip to the company,
    First, an hour presentation, the presentation was board casted to other company department located all over the US.
    More than 10 face-to-face talk, cheap lunch was offered.

Specialist Systems Administrators Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Amgen (South San Francisco, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Interview process was pretty standard, I met with the groups I would be supporting and the groups I would be working with. There was a good bit of dissent about the duties, as this position is split between a number of groups. The interview consisted of a number of phone interviews, then an in-person interview. I was working with a recruiter, and he handled a lot of the logistics.

The buracracy for the interview and hiring was quite significant, and took a lot of management

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate base salary, compensation for lost options from my old job. The salary and benefits negotiation is handled by an contractor (all hiring is outsourced) so be as tough as possible. The hiring manager has no vested interest other than getting you in for the lowest possible salary.