Amgen

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Specialist Systems Administrators Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Amgen in March 2011.

Interview process was pretty standard, I met with the groups I would be supporting and the groups I would be working with. There was a good bit of dissent about the duties, as this position is split between a number of groups. The interview consisted of a number of phone interviews, then an in-person interview. I was working with a recruiter, and he handled a lot of the logistics.

The buracracy for the interview and hiring was quite significant, and took a lot of management

I was able to negotiate base salary, compensation for lost options from my old job. The salary and benefits negotiation is handled by an contractor (all hiring is outsourced) so be as tough as possible. The hiring manager has no vested interest other than getting you in for the lowest possible salary.