Amherst College

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Network Specialist Interview

Amherst, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Amherst College.

Interview Details – Initial communications were cordial enough. The telephone interview was fair. Being asked to come to the campus for 7 hours was I feel a little excessive though. By the end of that one gets off one's game and tends to slowly self-sabotage. People were friendly enough except for HR who I feel was looking for cracks in the dyke, took a mildly suspicious approach.

Interview Question – Being over 40 earlier I was advised to drop the previous jobs over 10 years old or so. HR seemed maybe annoyed, as if I were trying to hide something. They had no bearing on the position anyway.   View Answer

Visiting Lecturer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Amherst College.

Interview Details – I was contacted as one of a team, invited as visiting faculty to teach a single seminar, at the recommendation of the senior faculty member taking leave at that time. The vetting was thorough, and though not required, called for a personal visit to the campus.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions. This was a civilized procedure, not a gauntlet.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was little to negotiate, as it was a contractual terminal appointment for one semester. The salary was generous on a competitive basis in keeping with the highest standards.

Library Assistant
Amherst, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Amherst College.

Interview Details – It was quite simple. I filled out a paper available at the Front Desk and was called 2 days later for an interview the next day. Spoke with the immediate supervisor and the senior manager of the library, for about 10 minutes. Questions were straightforward and revolved around what my academic schedule is like/how reliable I am/if I've ever worked in a library before.

Interview Question – No difficult questions - "Describe your previous library and archival experience."   Answer Question

Library Assistant

Interviewed at Amherst College

Interview Details – Had to fill out an application form from the library. Immediate supervisor set up a time to meet, then went over my application form with me. Agreed to hire me and started setting up schedule on the spot. Pretty simple.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Amherst College.

Interview Details – After submitting a motivational letter as well as a resume, a number of applicants were ignited to an interview with the head of the exchange program and a representative of the college. The interview took place about 4 months after submitting the documents. After an additional three weeks the applicants received a letter informing them about the outcome of their interview.

Interview Question – What do you think about stereotypes and would you use them in your classes?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is not much room for negotiation, but for an internship this is a great chance so I highly recommend to accept the job of offered.

Very Easy Interview

Commentator Interview

Amherst, MA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Amherst College in January 2011.

Interview Details – I asked director if I could do the JeffCast and he said sure we need more help.

Interview Question – Do you know much about sports?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Library Assistant Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Amherst College in January 2008.

Interview Details – Mostly Fit and behavorial

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Amherst College? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amherst College interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Amherst College employees and interview candidates.