Amica Mutual

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Providence, RI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amica Mutual in March 2012.

Interview Details – I handed my resume and spoke to an Amica representative at my university carreer fair and was quickly contacted to come into the local branch (which also happened to be HQ) for an inperson interview. The interview was fairly basic, I was specifically asked how my experience as an RA would or could apply to the position I was applying for. It lasted a total of 20 minutes or so and was informed that I had moved onto the next round. This required me to submit a writing sample and a background check (which I passed). After another phone interview I was given the contact information for 3 other Amica employees that had completed the training program and were already on the job. I did have some difficulty getting in touch with one of them, but I contacted my recruiter and let her know that this employee was actually on vacation. After getting the contact information for several other employees, I then spoke with all of them (even though I did not have to, only two were required). For the final round, I was brough into HQ with 2 other applicants for a forman panel interterview. These were V.P.'s or other various department heads and they focused on how I would handle adversity, time contraints and difficulty situations. Relocation is heavily emphasized, and I believe mentioning that my mother is in ill health truly hurt my chances.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had competing deadlines, and how did you get everything done?   View Answer

Lincoln, RI

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Amica Mutual in October 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process started when Amica came to my campus for the career fair. The next day I was asked to meet on campus for a one on one interview with the same recruiter I talked to at the fair. Then I was asked to submit a driving record check as well as an essay. They then flew me out to Rhode Island where I had an interview with 3 executives. They called me on the way home and offered me the position.

Interview Question – What is selling...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Salary was set in stone.

Providence, RI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Amica Mutual in October 2009.

Interview Details – I initially interviewed with Amica after a career fair at my university. I interviewed with two recruiter who started off in the program that i was interviewing for. Both recruiters were very friendly and very engaged in the interview. The questions were basic behavioral type questions about how you work in teams, etc.

After the initial interview on campus, i was given an application packet to fill and out and send back to them. About a week later, i was invited to an on-site interview where i interviewed with 3 V.P. in the morning then had lunch. After that, i was sent back to the airport.

Overall, great interview experience. They put me up in a really nice hotel which was very close to the work site. All expenses were taken care off and the current employees were very friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation. They have a set salary for this position that they do not negotiate. They give you an option and you can either take it or leave it.

Associate Account Manager

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amica Mutual in April 2012.

Interview Details – I met with a recruiter at a university career fair, where she scheduled an interview for the next day. The interview consisted mostly of behavioral questions, and lasted about 30 minutes. She said I would be contacted either way in the next week or so, and I am still awaiting a response.

Associate Account Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Amica Mutual in January 2012.

Interview Details – The recruiter was very friendly and nice to me., Asked a lot of behavioral based questions and then thanked me for my time. I got an email shortly after saying that they declined my application.

Interview Question – Give me a time where you were a eader in a club or group   Answer Question

Associate Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Amica Mutual in January 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume and was called the following day from a recuiter. We set-up a time to complete a 15 minute phone interview. The phone interview consisted of questions of what I thought of their company, from reviewing their website and a few traditional interview questions..........After the phone interview, I was advised that I made it to the next round. I was called a few hours later with my appt time for the second interview at the local branch.

A week later, I went to the office for the 1:1 interview. I was only asked two interview questions. The rest of my time the Account Manager was telling me about the company. After the interview, she advised me that she was recommending me for the next round. That night I was emailed a information packet: a background check, driving record, credit check, formal application, and a writing sample instructions.

Once completed, I submitted all the documents to the Corporate office. A week later was sent a thank you but no thanks email... This was very disappointing. I know, I passed the background check and driving record (I have a boring life:) So it came down to the writing sample (Which I had a english major, a teacher, and director of a Fortune 500 company look over and it still was not good enough WOW!!)

Associate Account Manager

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Amica Mutual in August 2011.

Interview Details – I received a phone call the day after I applied. The first phone interview took about 15 minutes and was very friendly. A few days after that they asked me to interview at their local branch office. Again, the interview was very friendly and I felt like I was interviewing the company rather than the opposite. If you get through that stage they invite you to Rhode Island, all expenses paid. I met with three different interviewers separately, about 30 minutes each. They asked typical interview questions: are you willing to relocate? Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your team members. How do you keep organized, etc. I felt like all three interviewers asked me the same questions, many of which I only had one example for.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you and your team members were all overworked but you volunteered to take on more than your share of the project anyway.   Answer Question

Associate Account Manager

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Amica Mutual in June 2011.

Interview Details – I received an email inquiring whether I am interested in going through the first round of interviews. That followed by a fairly quick (30 minute) phone interview. (Don't worry about this - I have now been with the company for a while and can say that this is a fairly young account manager who has been in his/her current position for about a year or so. You may also have an interview with a recruiter from Training and Development). The interview is easy and you shouldn't stress. Afterwards, if they are interested in moving forward with you - which they most likely will be, they ask you to be interviewed by a local Branch Manager. My interview lasted a while, but that's because the BM and I had a lot in common - mostly the school that I attended. I can say this: most Branch Managers will recommend you to the next round, however, there are some that do not...most likely it has nothing to do with you, but mostly for reasons outside of your control. Just a suggestion, do not show up late or TOO early - this tends to aggravate many of them. After you are done with the interview, the process is fairly quick and they tell you that they want to fly you out to Rhode Island to interview with their Jurisdictional Officers (VP's). They will pay for your flight and put you in a hotel near the campus - they may it seem like it's so wonderful and you'll feel really special. However, let's be realistic - and again, I have been with a company for years now and have seen the same protocol year after year. This is standard. I can understand the allure of it - when you're fresh out of college and you feel like you're really being taken care off. Realistically, you may not know what you're getting yourself into. It's a lot of smoke to cover the fire. (I'll explain later). During your interview, you will most likely meet with about 3 separate individuals and you'll play musical chairs with all of them. The interviewers try to seem intimidating, but I can say that once you're being interviewed there is a VERY GOOD chance you will get the job. I'm not saying not to prepare, but I can tell you that if you feel prepared and feel good during the interview - you will most likely get the job. The whole process took hours, and you will then meet the recruiter (the Account Manager) who interviewed you. You will be taken out to lunch and asked questions - this is still part of the interview process, so be aware of what you do and say. The same day they put you back on the plane to fly you back home. In my experience and from my friends' experience - we received a call about an hour after our last interview while we were still in the airport. You will hear back from them right away.

I can say this: do not expect a high salary. They will try to sell you on a shorter schedule, but you are expected to be in the office early and leave late. AGAIN, you will not make a lot of money and there is absolutely NO negotiating which is truly absurd. You will go through training, however, afterwards, you will be transferred to a branch office - and it's usually somewhere where you do not want to be. You opinion (or your pleading) do not matter in the decision of management on where to move you. Keep this in mind as you move around in the company - with time you will see the pattern and it's very discouraging. If you want to be in a certain area after you graduate - search for a different job. If you want to be in a young environment, this job is certainly not for you. You will work with very seasoned reps who do not like new managers coming in. Furthermore, don't let the title fool you - just because you have the title of a "manager" - do not expect to be a go-to person who makes decisions. That just doesn't happen. Reps are valued more than you. You will make less money than the people you supervise (I know, it's truly shocking!). If you have other jobs possibly in the pipeline - really work towards getting that job and don't stop here unless you feel you're not qualified to do anything else. Bottom line, don't buy into the hype and keep your head on your shoulders.

In addition - if you take the job. People whom I have seen succeed are ones that keep their head down, don't share opinions on how to make the job better, and do not question anything or anyone. You have to stay mobile and you will be moved around A LOT (your consideration does not matter).

I wish you luck!

Interview Question – What did you learn from your mistakes?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation - the salary is what it is. After you find out what the salary is you will want to ask for more, but it just doesn't matter (common thread throughout the company culture).

Associate Account Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amica Mutual in November 2010.

Interview Details – Resume and situational based interview, pretty easy.

Interview Question – Tell me more about (insert activity).   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amica Mutual

Worked for Amica Mutual? Contribute to the Community!

Amica Mutual Videos

Amica Mutual – Why Work for Us?

We’re looking for compassionate, hardworking individuals who are ready to provide outstanding customer service, learn, grow and succeed. Our organization offers excellent training, a satisfying work-life balance and a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amica Mutual Associate Account Manager interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Amica Mutual employees and interview candidates.