Amica Mutual Interview Questions

2.7

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, RI

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amica Mutual in March 2015.

Process was very smooth; three interviews with three different accounting managers about 20 minutes each, all within the same session. Standard questions with a mix of general and behavioral. Heard back within two weeks

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI
    Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Amica Mutual.

Campus recruited
    then asked to write an essay
    then asked for final interview which i then had to have phone talks with 2 people in the same position i was applying for

Associate Account Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amica Mutual in February 2015.

Once the process started, it took about 5 days. There is an online application and assessment that must be completed. The next step is a typing and grammar test which leads to your first interview with 2 managers. Next is a call center simulation done on the computer on the day of your final interview. Once that is completed you will sit with someone in the position you are applying for to see if it is a match for you. Lastly is your final interview. I received an offer 2 business days later.

Writing Interview

I applied for the internship online, and was then called for an in-person interview. I met with the head of the department for about an hour. The questions were all very standard; it was more them wanting to learn more about me. I was contacting three days later with the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • There were no technical questions. It was just a personality interview.   Answer Question

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amica Mutual in January 2015.

I filled out the application online then received a n email about a few days later to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview I was sent an assessment (aptitude) test. The following week I was called for my second interview which was face-to-face at the office. First, you are required to take and pass a typing test with at least 35wpm. There were two managers that interviewed me taking turns asking questions and taking notes. I left the office and 30min later received the call to come back for my third and final interview which would be two days later at the office with the manager and I shadowed a rep for about 15min. A week later I was offered the position. Best tip: energetic and stay positive but realistic.

Interview Questions
    • If you're having a bad sale week and not meeting your goals how do you stay motivated?   View Answer

Associate Account Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amica Mutual.

Called for a phone screening, then first round video interview. I was told to call in using my phone as well so it was really hard to hear at some points. I thought the questions were very standard and overall an easy interview

Associate Claims Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amica Mutual in November 2014.

Step 1: online application was pretty standard.
    Step 2: Online interview. This was an on-demand interview that you could do at any time. There were 9 questions. You were given 30 seconds to prepare your response and 3 minutes to answer. Questions included why do you want to work at Amica? What do you like most/least about your current job? Examples of good customer service.
    Step 3: Face to face interview with the claims team leader and another manager. Both were friendly and approachable. The interview went for about 45 minutes. They asked me to elaborate on my CV and gave me more information about the role.
    Step 4: Online tests including a customer service simulation, typing test and spelling/grammar tests. None of these systems were working in the day of the interview so we skipped this step.
    At the end the manager came and told me about the salary and benefits. Even though I have 4 years insurance claims experience (admittedly it is overseas experience) they still offered an entry level position with a very low salary. They told me they were unable to negotiate the salary as they are a small company. This killed off the interview.

Interview Questions
    • I found the video interview off putting. It took a long time 30 minutes and it felt very awkward recording responses on video and getting no feedback while doing this. There was absolutely no phone contact so I had spoken to no one before arriving for the interview.   Answer Question

Associate National Life Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amica Mutual in October 2014.

Initial communication: phone call regarding my resume. Mainly gauged my interest in the position and job description.I was then asked to have a one on one interview at the office.

Day of: Hiring manager had a list of behavioral interviewing questions. The manager took notes as I was speaking. Very nice, organized, and listened very carefully. He definately gave his undivided attention to it. He went on to explain the salary and comp structure as well as bonuses. At end of the interview I was told that I would have 2 to 3 days to complete a couple timed tests online. 1 was an aptitude test, 1 personality test, and last was a personality test designed to check what type of management style you would work best with. I also had to submit a writing sample.

Tips: Make sure you are in a quiet place where you can do the tests with stable Internet connection and no interuptions. Be yourself, answer the questions as honestly as possible.

Last interview: Group interview. Tour, q&a with training manager, & job sampling.

* they are willing to take on unlicensed applicants.

Interview Questions
    I didn't get the impression you could negotiate salary or benefits. They seem very consistent with everyone entering the department.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amica Mutual in September 2014.

I was approached by a recruiter at an on-campus recruiting event. I did not approach her. She came up to me. I didn't know much about the position, and she explained it to me. She asked about my resume, and I asked her a few questions about the company/position. She then asked to interview me the next day. The interview was mostly behavioral questions, but her and another woman in the room were also very interested in whether or not I would be willing to relocate, and that was either the first or second question they asked. I was hesitant when they asked me what I would think if I was sent to a state like Indiana, and although I thought the interview went well after that, I was emailed about a week later and was told that I was not selected to continue.

Interview Questions
    • Roughly they asked - How would you feel if you were assigned to relocate to a rural state such as Indiana?   Answer Question

Future Leaders Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Amica Mutual.

Meet a recruiter at my college career fair, and set up an interview later in the week. The interview was the standard behavioral questions and some questions about why I choose Amica. After that Submitted a writing sample and went through a background check and was asked to go to the headquarters in RI for a final interview. Interviews with 3 vps standared behavioral questions they paid for the hotel, flight, and meals during the trip.