Amkor

Relevance Date Difficulty

Office Assistant Interview

Office Assistant
Chandler, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amkor in February 2010.

Interview Details – The interview went very well. The interviewer was business-like but personable. Her questions were to the point without any silly preambles. I felt comfortable and confident that I interviewed well.

Negotiation Details – Very reasonable

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Chandler, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amkor in December 2009.

Interview Details – two levels

Interview Question – whats ur goal as a senior engineer at this company? where do u see urself in 5 years..   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not very conducive

Very Easy Interview

SAP Basis Administrator Interview

SAP Basis Administrator
Chandler, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Amkor in May 2008.

Interview Details – Very uncoordinated. The manager who was to interview me was not available, so I interviewed with a senior employee who did not know anything about my position or what was involved with the position.

Interview Question – It was th4e lack of technical questions that was disturbing. They had already hired two others, who did not work out...they quit! SAP was new to the company, so no one knew what to ask. I was taken to each VP of the company, which they have around 8, just at the Chandler, AZ location, and was asked questions that were more about wondering if I would stick around, not about my abilities.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very simple. I was told before I left that I would be receiving an offer. I was living in Illinois and received a call at 4:00 PM on a tuesday asking for me to interview. I said sure, Id love to. I asked when and the reply was tomorrow. I thought they meant on the phone, but they bought me a airline ticket and flew me out at 4:00AM the very next morning.
I got there, waited for hours for someone to start the interview...the Manager was not available. An hour later, we went to lunch, then back to the company for 2 more hours of interviewing which was more just meeting department heads. Then, back to the airport to catch my flight. The next morning, I was called with an offer. I said the amount was not enough and was asked what I needed. I was caught off gaurd with this question and just threw out, "Another 10 grand a year". She accepted and emailed me the official offer an hour later. In hindsight, I wish I had said a higher number!

Developer Interview

Developer
Binãn, Laguna (Philippines)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Amkor in January 2014.

Interview Details – First, you undergo an psychological test held by the Recruitment department. If you pass, you undergo a series of interviews held by Human Resources. Next, you are then endorsed to the Organizational Development and Training department for further orientation and endorsement to the Information and Communication Services department for technical interviews. They will then contact you whether you are accepted or not.

Interview Question – Why should we not hire you?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amkor in January 2009.

Interview Details – For Fresh Graduate, you will be asked to draw power supply, and the the rest are technical stuffs and how you deal with different situations. You will given some written exams

Interview Question – Can't remember.. Usually the will give you a lot of written exams   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not to difficult to accept because im still a fresh graduate. the package is good for fresh grad

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer
Binãn, Laguna (Philippines)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amkor.

Interview Details – HR examination/writen
interview

Interview Question – To be done by hiring department   Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

Support Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amkor in March 2008.

Interview Details – The interview is more on your personality it involves also some critical thinking skills. They will give you situational problems that you should answer with a concrete plan and solution. Most of the interview is to test your aptitude on how you can immediately process the problem and come up a solution.

Interview Question – Describe yourself and what is your advantage among he other applicants?   Answer Question

Worked for Amkor? Contribute to the Community!