Amnesty International

www.amnesty.org

Amnesty International Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amnesty International

Intern Interview

Application process was lengthy but a personal interview wasn't required.

I was given a week to consider the offer and was ale to negotiate a suitable start date.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amnesty International.

Application is done online, one round of phone interview, and took about 1-2 week to receive a response after the interview

Events Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amnesty International.

Formal yet very friendly!

Interview Questions
    • How to move from California to New York in order to do this internship.   Answer Question

Campaigner Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Amnesty International.

filling out a very long and detailed questionnaire, then did a test where they sent me a task via email asking me to complete it in one hour (to draft a document). Then they contacted and arranged for an interview date, because the interview is with persons from different countries, we had a Skype interview, I remember I was shortlisted and then hired after the interview,

Interview Questions
    I just stuck with the offer as advertised, i did not negotiate

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amnesty International.

It was a very easy and unformal interview, which was the result of a simple online application. The interviewer was young and she tried to get to know the real me. Questions were simple (for example: 'what are your weaknesses?'). I also got a call back very quickly, but I had to decline the job offer since I realised that I am not interested in working in a non-profit organisation.

Researcher Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Amnesty International in December 2011.

3 member panel for in person interview with a range of questions following the 1) content 2) communication 3) research skills framework.

Interview Questions
    • Was related to the human rights situation in my region   Answer Question
    No negotiation. AI advertises set salaries

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amnesty International in April 2010.

Initial communication started with e-mail correspondence. After exchanging e-mails once my application materials were received I was contacted for a phone interview. The interviewer called promptly at the agreed upon time. There was only one interview and I got the offer a couple weeks later. Some questions harder than others. General ones like involvement or knowledge of the company, but also "we've had hundreds of applications, why should we choose you" which can be a tough one to answer. Overall really friendly and easy interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • We've had hundreds of applicants, why are you the most qualified?   Answer Question
    • Ideas for how the company could increase its presence   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate hours and starting date, and the company was fantastic and very flexible.