Amnesty International Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.8

, Media Relations Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Amnesty International.

Interview

I had one round of phone interview with approximately 6- 7 questions and a written component (I had to edit a document and was asked why I edited the way I did). Some questions were specific to my resume while others were about my future plans, academic interests and how I got interested in Amnesty's work.

Field Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Amnesty International (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The process was very quick. I applied online: they asked me to send a resume and a brief cover letter about me, my personality and what makes me the perfect candidate for the job. I got a phone call 2 days after submitting the resume and the cover letter and the interviewer asked me why I wanted to work with them. After that I received an email invitation for the interview few days later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for amnesty? Tell us more about you (who you are, what kind of person you are...)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Application process was lengthy but a personal interview wasn't required.

Negotiation

I was given a week to consider the offer and was ale to negotiate a suitable start date.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amnesty International.

Interview

Application is done online, one round of phone interview, and took about 1-2 week to receive a response after the interview

Major Gifts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amnesty International (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

It was extremely easy. The woman who interviewed me was extremely kind and not scary at all. She asked basic questions about my resume and experience not listed. The interview was not long, about twenty minutes. I heard back from her within a week saying that I got the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Amnesty International in February 2014.

Interview

Received a phone call after submitting application inviting me to an information and interview session. Information session was very clear and straight forward and described the new department that was created under Amnesty and duties associated with the role. Director was very night, straightfor

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about a human rights issue you would inform the public about.   Answer Question

Events Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Amnesty International.

Interview

Formal yet very friendly!

Interview Questions

• How to move from California to New York in order to do this internship.   Answer Question

Development Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amnesty International (Amsterdam (Netherlands)).

Interview

I applied online - submitted a CV, cover letter, and writing sample. One week later I was invited by email to an interview to take place one week later. For the interview I prepared an assignment. A few days after that I was told by email that I got the position. The interview itself included questions about why I want to work for AI, my interest in the specific work of development, discussion of the assignment I had completed, and my background in human rights. They also spoke about their work and also they were nice to answer my questions about the organization, so I learned a lot in the interview about AI.

Interview Questions

• What about your personality would especially contribute to working in development?   Answer Question

Campaigner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Amnesty International.

Interview

filling out a very long and detailed questionnaire, then did a test where they sent me a task via email asking me to complete it in one hour (to draft a document). Then they contacted and arranged for an interview date, because the interview is with persons from different countries, we had a Skype interview, I remember I was shortlisted and then hired after the interview,

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I just stuck with the offer as advertised, i did not negotiate

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amnesty International.

Interview

It was a very easy and unformal interview, which was the result of a simple online application. The interviewer was young and she tried to get to know the real me. Questions were simple (for example: 'what are your weaknesses?'). I also got a call back very quickly, but I had to decline the job offer since I realised that I am not interested in working in a non-profit organisation.