Amnesty International Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amnesty International

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amnesty International (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Simple group interview & if they like you they offer you the job on the spot. They tell you about the position and ask typical interview questions. They schedule interviews almost every week since they are so quick to let people go if they do not make the ridiculous quotas.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a human rights issue you would like people to be more aware of.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation is not an option.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amnesty International (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview wasn't difficult. Walked in, asked me to tell him a bit about myself and why I'm interested in working for Amnesty International. Then you will go into your employment history and why you are qualified for the job.

Interview Questions

• Have you canvassed before? What issue would you like people to know about?   Answer Question

, Media Relations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amnesty International.

Interview

I had one round of phone interview with approximately 6- 7 questions and a written component (I had to edit a document and was asked why I edited the way I did). Some questions were specific to my resume while others were about my future plans, academic interests and how I got interested in Amnesty's work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amnesty International (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The process was very quick. I applied online: they asked me to send a resume and a brief cover letter about me, my personality and what makes me the perfect candidate for the job. I got a phone call 2 days after submitting the resume and the cover letter and the interviewer asked me why I wanted to work with them. After that I received an email invitation for the interview few days later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for amnesty? Tell us more about you (who you are, what kind of person you are...)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Application process was lengthy but a personal interview wasn't required.

Negotiation

I was given a week to consider the offer and was ale to negotiate a suitable start date.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amnesty International.

Interview

Application is done online, one round of phone interview, and took about 1-2 week to receive a response after the interview

Major Gifts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amnesty International (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

It was extremely easy. The woman who interviewed me was extremely kind and not scary at all. She asked basic questions about my resume and experience not listed. The interview was not long, about twenty minutes. I heard back from her within a week saying that I got the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amnesty International in February 2014.

Interview

Received a phone call after submitting application inviting me to an information and interview session. Information session was very clear and straight forward and described the new department that was created under Amnesty and duties associated with the role. Director was very night, straightfor

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about a human rights issue you would inform the public about.   Answer Question

Events Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amnesty International.

Interview

Formal yet very friendly!

Interview Questions

• How to move from California to New York in order to do this internship.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amnesty International.

Interview

Once you make it through their screening process, its quite an easy interview. They do it face to face with some pretty easy/basic questions. Come on time and be prepared to be asked some basic questions about your resume.