Ampush Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

3.4

Media Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ampush.

The interview began with a self-introduction of the interviewer, and then asked me whether I need work permission support, after got the answer Yes, the interview stopped. I think they should check this before the interview, and just by adding one more question with the online application system, the problem would be solved.

Media Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ampush.

A lot of quantifiable questions. Hiring team started the conversation by talking about themselves and their background. Sounded a bit robotic at times. A few of them were very junior in their career and it was easy to tell. Felt rushed at times but overall, everyone was really pleasant. I didn't meet anyone outside of the media team..... a surprise to me.

Interview Questions

Had another offer with a company closer to home

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ampush.

I had a phone interview with someone on the Media team, followed by an in-person interview with two members of the same team. The in-person was a lot of brain teasers, although I think they were more interested in thought process than correct answers.

Final round was an additional in-person, this time with several higher up people in the company. Some of these talks went smoothly, others did not. The head of HR really balked when I asked some (what I considered to be normal) questions - what's the gender ratio, etc. There were also some lengthy delays between interviews which was a little annoying and stretched the day longer than it needed to be.

In the end, I followed up and never heard back. Big pet peeve of mine to go that far in the process and not hear "yes" or "no," but it's probably a sign of an HR team that doesn't have it together.

Ampush Response

Sep 3, 2014People and Ops

Hello. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. We believe you might be talking about an interview that took place in September 2013, and wanted to provide an update that the Head of HR you mentioned ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Emphasis on the resume, not the cover letter. Had a current employee who is a friend of mine submit my resume. A couple weeks afterward, I received an email with a link to a 15 minutes, 5 question quiz that had an expiration date of three days later. I took the quiz and did not finish typing in my answers within the time frame, so I was not given the opportunity to go on to a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • The 15 min, 5 question quiz. It's a relevant and a useful tool for the Ampush recruiting team to use, but the way the quiz was set up (timer at the top requiring scrolling up intermittently to check time left, misspellings and poor grammar in the questions themselves making which verb goes with what noun confusing) seemed a bit unprofessional. It would be nice if it could be cleaned up a little more, especially the wording of the questions. The questions themselves were not too difficult, as long as you have a grasp of social media acronyms such as CPM, CPC, CPA, CR% and how they relate to each other. Note that the required formatting for the answers is picky; you have to answer with two decimal points for every number (not for %s) and add in special characters (e.g. $, %). Example questions below; these are not the actual questions from the quiz but very similar.

Example Q #1: You are running an online ad campaign in order to drive installs of a client's application (the action). Your cost-per-click (CPC) is $0.13 and 12% of the people who click the ad will install the application. How much do you spend per action (what is your CPA)?

Example Q #2: You are running an online ad campaign. Your client wants to get at least 500 people to click an ad that links to her personal website, and she is willing to pay $0.40 per click. If you fulfill the goal of getting 500 clicks, how much does the client end up spending?

Example Q #3: You are running an online ad campaign for a client who wants more people to "like" his business' Facebook page. She is willing to pay $1.10 per "like". 40% of the people who click on his ad will "like" her Facebook page (this is the CR%). Your goal is to make a 20% profit margin. What is the maximum amount you can pay Facebook per click and still get that 20% profit margin (assuming profit = rev - cost).
        View Answers (2)

Sales Inter Interview

No interview. I got the job because I was recommended and just had a short orientation process. We talked on the phone once and the job was described to me, and then I was brought in to the office for a quick training and introduction meeting.

Media Analyst Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ampush.

Very basic interview process - they sent me the test which is straightforward, then a couple days later I get an email asking for a phone interview. First one is behavioral - pretty typical questions. Next round was Skype and had some strategy and 'math' questions thrown in (understand CPC, impressions, landing page, conversion rate etc.) I really didn't like the interviewer - she was extremely unenthusiastic, didn't seem to like her job, it was very hard to gauge her reaction to my responses to the math questions. Confusing.
    Final round was Skype - again - and featured more specific behavioral questions, but still nothing I hadn't seen before, and then a brainteaser - which I did pretty terribly on.
    The irritating part was just that I came on Glassdoor and it's clear from the guy below that the job had already been allocated to someone - yet they wouldn't give me an answer. As most college students in the internship search, I'm working across a lot of timelines and it's frustrating when they tell a candidate they're hired on the Friday, yet don't let the other people know it's a 'no' until the next Thursday. Kinda embarrassing for Ampush/awkward that I had to come to Glassdoor to figure out that I didn't get the job.

Media Analyst Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ampush.

I applied on the company website and got a reply two weeks later with an online test that I had to complete within a certain time limit. There were five questions that consisted of brain teasers and analytic calculation questions, all pretty simple.

All of my interviews were over the phone since I am not from San Francisco.
    1st Round Interview (~20 mins): This was a very basic, generic interview that consisted of talking about the company, the position, and answering a few behavioral questions.

2nd Round Interview (~45 mins): This was supposed to be over Skype but for some reason, it was not working so we resorted to speaking on the phone. We discussed more about the position, got asked a few behavioral questions, a few brainteasers, and math problems. They weren't too tough just tricky at first.

3rd Round Interview (~25 mins): Very similar to the last interview, it consisted mainly of behavioral questions, brainteasers, and math problems. This was shorter because we didn't talk about the company or job anymore since by this time, I had a pretty good idea already.

I liked that they were very prompt with their decisions and the turn around was almost immediate. After the third interview, which was head Thursday morning, I was asked to fill out an application form that I turned in that same night. The next day, I received a call in the afternoon with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • "If there is a reason why I should not hire you, what would it be?" The brainteasers and technical questions are hard by nature but they're all pretty fun and make you think.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

2 phones, 1 on-site: financial analyst, manager, co-founder.

Media Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ampush.

I went through 2 rounds of interviews (3 interviews total). The first interview asked me what I thought about Facebook marketing and why I was interested in it, what my favorite tech company was, etc. and ended with a brainteaser. The next 2 interviews were very analytical and problem-solving in nature and ended with similar questions to what was on the quiz

Interview Questions
    • You are in a silent auction and bidding for a new car with an infinite number of participants. The winner of the auction is not the person that bets the highest number, but the person that correctly guesses half of the average bid (i.e. if the average bid amongst all the participants was $50, the winner is the person that bids $25). The maximum amount you can bid is $100. All of the participants are given the same information as you are and will make rational decisions, just like you will. What is the winning bid for the car?   View Answers (4)

Senior Software Engineer (Python Social Platform) Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ampush in November 2013.

I met with an employee of Ampush at a job fair, who seemed passionate about his job and the company.

After following up with the employee over email, their HR reached out to me arrange a technical phone screen with an engineer. This consisted of various trivia and a small brain teaser / verbal programming exercise.

I was then asked to interview onsite.

Interview Questions
    • Given a database of people and their properties, design a predicate logic system which can identify the people who satisfy queries of arbitrary complexity.

Build a system to detect if an airplane will collide with buildings in a skyline.
        Answer Question