Amscot Financial Financial Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2014

2.2

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Services Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Amscot Financial.

You interview with a recruiter/interviewer that strictly does that for a living. The person you interview with will NOT be your boss. You interview and they give you a basic math test that you must complete without a calculator and be scored on. After that they ask pretty standard interview questions and ask about hours and availability (which basically need to be any time). If you pass this interview they will schedule a drug test and then call to offer you the position if you passed all the steps. The pay is $14/hour, but you may be ale to negotiate $14.50. After that, you go to a group training class with the other new hires to learn procedures, practice counting out money, etc. You are paid minimum wage for the week of training. Your normal pay starts on Day one of work at your designated location (which can be pretty much anywhere in the district, and may change).

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you had to deal with a conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
I negotiated a $0.50 cent offer increase due to having a college degree (recent graduate). This was in 2010 when the economy was pretty rough. They have a pay range and the worst they can do is say no, so it does not hurt to ask.

Other Interview Reviews for Amscot Financial

Financial Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amscot Financial.

This went fairly quick for me. I applied online late in the evening one day (past 6pm). I had a phone call from Amscot HR office by 10am the next day! The process took only about a week due to setting up my interview/test location and getting drug test results.

I took a math test upon entering my local branch office. Never got my score but obviously did well because I was sent for a drug test almost immediately after results were in. Come Monday I was in training class which was Mon-Friday 8-5pm for a week. Then I was placed in a training branch for the 2nd week. After that, the 3rd week I was officially placed in my permanent branch (which could change over time based on company needs. I was one of the lucky ones that had only been in 2 branches over a 4 year period).

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult. I don't even recall getting real interview questions. But the main thing was the math test. You will do just fine if you know simple math. The company trains you thoroughly and promotes from within on all positions.   Answer Question
    It was more of a take it or leave it deal in regards to my situation. The recruiter told me the hourly amount and said "that's what the corporate office said you qualify for!" I did not negotiate (and her face let me know to not even try it). I was fresh out of college looking to get into the financial world and had already been falling behind on bills after leaving my college job out of state and moving back home. This was a good starting point with a decent starting pay so I had no complaints at the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amscot Financial.

Applied online , and was invited to a in-store meet and greet to take basic math test. After being informed I passed I had interview almost 75 miles away from my home. Was offered the job on the spot. Experience took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were basic and mostly past work experience based.   Answer Question
    None respectable salary

Financial Services Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Amscot Financial.

After applying online, they called me 2 days later for a brief phone interview. They also called my listed references. The face to face interview was easy but somewhat uncomfortable because there were several candidates there for there interviews who were watching and listening to my interview. I'm not sure if there's a legit reason for that. While waiting for my interview I was given a basic math skills test. It didn't get more complex than small percentage problems. My interview location was about 45 minutes to an hour away from my home. I was offered the position the same day (hours later) so I had to drive back a second time to complete paper work because it was near the weekend and the recruiter was returning to Tampa. When I completed the paper work, I was scheduled to take the drug test the following Monday. They then called me on Wednesday to tell me I would start the one week training, the following Monday in Orlando. The company covered my hotel stay for the whole week of training since the location was over a certain mileage from my home.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was quite average. Nothing unexpected or unfamiliar.   Answer Question
    Base pay is between $12-14/hr. Since I was making only $10/hr at my previous job, I happily accepted the $12.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amscot Financial in September 2013.

Recruit will call you "saw your app on [insert monster, career builder, etc.. here], tell you to put application in online. You go to interview, take a math test and answer some other general questions (they want to here your team player, looking to advance quickly). Once hired you take a 1 week training class at the corporate head quarters, be ready to be active in the class, people who aren't will get picked out and sent home. Be sure you have good references, they will call, and if they can't get a hold of them they will call you in the office and ask for more. Week 2 you start training at a branch.

Interview Questions
    • Math Test. Make sure you refresh a little before you go. some fractions and decimal questions, must score an atleast an 85-90% or higher   Answer Question
    Recruiter calls you and tells you what they offered you. You can go back and forth, they don't really budge. I heard people say no and 1-3 days later the recruiter called them back with a better offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Amscot Financial.

The so called test that they give you to do is dumb!! insulted my intelligence. So here I am sitting doing waiting to take this test and the hiring manager is on her phone talking away and on her merry business 30 mins after she finally attends to me. I asked her about sick days and vacation days she goes... THERE ARE NONE! she was very unprofessional. She asked if I had any visible tattoos I said no, this lady had done looked me down from head to toe oh I think i saw something, then her whole mood changed and she said She would let me know if corporate decided to move fwd with my application... never heard from her

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Amscot Financial in May 2013.

Applied online and received a phone call two days later for an interview. Got to the store 15 minutes early met Jackie (who was very nice). She then gave me a packet that included the responsibilities, explained you can't have any obligations to the schedule and that they do run a credit check. At the end there was a math test. It had about 20 questions. 4 of them were multiple choice. The rest you have to manually do without a calculator. After finishing the test she looked it over and told me I did great. She then proceeded to tell me about the position and questioned me about my past employment. I thought everything went well until she explained to me that the offer is considered after they run a credit check. She looked it up right in front of me. I believed she lied after seeing my score because all of a sudden her computer got stuck lol. She told me she will turn in my application and if I don't receive a call by 3 they went with another applicant. So I'm home writing this review now knowing most likely I won't be receiving a call. Hope it works out for you guys. It seems like a nice place to work.

Financial Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amscot Financial in August 2012.

The hiring process was very fast and simple. I applied online and received a call the same day from a recruiter. An interview was set up for two days later at an Amscot location. There was a simple timed math evaluation (no calculator). The next step was a background check. After the background check clears, you will be asked to come in again where they will review your answers, sign some papers and negotiate your salary. The more experience you have as a manager, the higher your hourly pay rate will be.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were so basic and simple, there were really no difficult questions. They really just want to hear honest answers about yourself to ensure they are hiring people that display the same core values as the company.   Answer Question
    Always ask for a higher rate than your lowest acceptable rate. I received .50 cents higher than the lowest hiring rate and asked for $1.00 more than that. Even with over 12 years of experience in the field, they will only go higher if you emphasize your managerial experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amscot Financial in August 2012.

After completion of the in depth online application, a representative will call within two business days. The representative offers to set up a 1:1 interview. This interview, in which you were required to take a basic math test, was as standard as can be. The questions came directly from the textbook. Why do you want to work for Amscot? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Where else have you applied? What are your best attributes? Flaws? Etc. You are then offered a job within the next week which you will need to follow up with a drug test and background check. From what I have heard, and the impression I got while at the interview; it appears your job will be to remain behind bullet proof glass for 8 hour shifts any time of the day in any location. You may not leave the building for any reason throughout those 8 hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amscot Financial in March 2012.

I think that the hiring process was professional. I was actually working at another company
    when I received a call from a recruiter. She said she saw my resume on career builders and
    wanted to know if I was still interested in new employment. I told her I have a job but I always weigh my options. The interview process was actually fun. There was a short test to
    take and a credit check. My recruiter and I came from the same field of previous work so we
    kind of were on the same page. I had my interview and job offer in the same day.

Interview Questions
    • If I had to choose one I guess it would be when she asked if I could start at the beginning
      of the next week. I don't like to burn bridges so I wanted to give a two weeks notice on my
      job.
        View Answer
    It wasn't difficult. I think that if the recruiter sees the value of adding you to the company
    they will negotiate to get you on the team.