Amscot Financial

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amscot Financial.

Interview Details – Applied online , and was invited to a in-store meet and greet to take basic math test. After being informed I passed I had interview almost 75 miles away from my home. Was offered the job on the spot. Experience took about 2 weeks.

Interview Question – All questions were basic and mostly past work experience based.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None respectable salary

Financial Services Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Amscot Financial.

Interview Details – After applying online, they called me 2 days later for a brief phone interview. They also called my listed references. The face to face interview was easy but somewhat uncomfortable because there were several candidates there for there interviews who were watching and listening to my interview. I'm not sure if there's a legit reason for that. While waiting for my interview I was given a basic math skills test. It didn't get more complex than small percentage problems. My interview location was about 45 minutes to an hour away from my home. I was offered the position the same day (hours later) so I had to drive back a second time to complete paper work because it was near the weekend and the recruiter was returning to Tampa. When I completed the paper work, I was scheduled to take the drug test the following Monday. They then called me on Wednesday to tell me I would start the one week training, the following Monday in Orlando. The company covered my hotel stay for the whole week of training since the location was over a certain mileage from my home.

Interview Question – The interview was quite average. Nothing unexpected or unfamiliar.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Base pay is between $12-14/hr. Since I was making only $10/hr at my previous job, I happily accepted the $12.

Financial Service Associate Interview

Financial Service Associate
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amscot Financial in August 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very fast and simple. I applied online and received a call the same day from a recruiter. An interview was set up for two days later at an Amscot location. There was a simple timed math evaluation (no calculator). The next step was a background check. After the background check clears, you will be asked to come in again where they will review your answers, sign some papers and negotiate your salary. The more experience you have as a manager, the higher your hourly pay rate will be.

Interview Question – The interview questions were so basic and simple, there were really no difficult questions. They really just want to hear honest answers about yourself to ensure they are hiring people that display the same core values as the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Always ask for a higher rate than your lowest acceptable rate. I received .50 cents higher than the lowest hiring rate and asked for $1.00 more than that. Even with over 12 years of experience in the field, they will only go higher if you emphasize your managerial experience.

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Amscot Financial.

Interview Details – The so called test that they give you to do is dumb!! insulted my intelligence. So here I am sitting doing waiting to take this test and the hiring manager is on her phone talking away and on her merry business 30 mins after she finally attends to me. I asked her about sick days and vacation days she goes... THERE ARE NONE! she was very unprofessional. She asked if I had any visible tattoos I said no, this lady had done looked me down from head to toe oh I think i saw something, then her whole mood changed and she said She would let me know if corporate decided to move fwd with my application... never heard from her

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Amscot Financial in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a phone call two days later for an interview. Got to the store 15 minutes early met Jackie (who was very nice). She then gave me a packet that included the responsibilities, explained you can't have any obligations to the schedule and that they do run a credit check. At the end there was a math test. It had about 20 questions. 4 of them were multiple choice. The rest you have to manually do without a calculator. After finishing the test she looked it over and told me I did great. She then proceeded to tell me about the position and questioned me about my past employment. I thought everything went well until she explained to me that the offer is considered after they run a credit check. She looked it up right in front of me. I believed she lied after seeing my score because all of a sudden her computer got stuck lol. She told me she will turn in my application and if I don't receive a call by 3 they went with another applicant. So I'm home writing this review now knowing most likely I won't be receiving a call. Hope it works out for you guys. It seems like a nice place to work.

Interview Question – How is your credit?   Answer Question

Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amscot Financial in August 2012.

Interview Details – After completion of the in depth online application, a representative will call within two business days. The representative offers to set up a 1:1 interview. This interview, in which you were required to take a basic math test, was as standard as can be. The questions came directly from the textbook. Why do you want to work for Amscot? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Where else have you applied? What are your best attributes? Flaws? Etc. You are then offered a job within the next week which you will need to follow up with a drug test and background check. From what I have heard, and the impression I got while at the interview; it appears your job will be to remain behind bullet proof glass for 8 hour shifts any time of the day in any location. You may not leave the building for any reason throughout those 8 hours.

Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Amscot Financial in March 2012.

Interview Details – I think that the hiring process was professional. I was actually working at another company
when I received a call from a recruiter. She said she saw my resume on career builders and
wanted to know if I was still interested in new employment. I told her I have a job but I always weigh my options. The interview process was actually fun. There was a short test to
take and a credit check. My recruiter and I came from the same field of previous work so we
kind of were on the same page. I had my interview and job offer in the same day.

Interview Question – If I had to choose one I guess it would be when she asked if I could start at the beginning
of the next week. I don't like to burn bridges so I wanted to give a two weeks notice on my
job.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – It wasn't difficult. I think that if the recruiter sees the value of adding you to the company
they will negotiate to get you on the team.

Orlando, FL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amscot Financial in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied onlilne got a phone call next day with a few questions about my last job and availability then scheduled a 1:1 interview next day. They were interving a lot of people trought the day since the had a job fair in that store. Gave me a basic math test and a then 1:1. Very unprofessional I feel like I was looking for a job in a fast food, the recruiter where talking loud making jokes with the employees and when I was havinf the 1:1 my recruiter "check" my answers to verified if they were ok but she didn;t care. After that horrible expirence she told me she will send my papers to "corporate" and if I don't get a cal before 7pm I can appied again within 1 year... are u serious? It was a joke Im glad I did't got hire. when I got home already had an email saying that I wasn't selected. Anyways I think I was more qualified with a Bachelor degree and financial expierience than the recruiter that did my interview. Also I asked for $14.00 since they said in the Ad they pay between $12 and $15 well Im bilingual with a degree they knew they will have to pay me the $14.00 and of course they will not going to do that even if the "say" the will pay you that.

Interview Questions

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amscot Financial in September 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online through Amscot's website. After 2-3 months I got an email inviting me to an open day where they were interviewing. I had to fill out an application and take a math test. No calculators were allowed but it was a very simple test. The recruiter checked how I did on the test and then interviewed me. Said they would call me to let me know. The next day I got a call back with a job offer which I accepted. I had to go in the following day to officially accept the job offer, get details on training (where, when etc).

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – When I first got the call I was so excited that I didn't even negotiate. Later when I gave it a thought I felt like I should have at least tried. When I went to sign the contract, I negotiated (even though the contract was already written out with the offered pay). My recruiter liked me a lot and said she would have to talk to the corporate office to see if they could give me anything more. 2 hours later I got a call stating that they agreed to meet me half way. I went back, signed the contract with my negotiated pay.

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amscot Financial in March 2008.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process is a very thorough one, including testing math and logic skills, checking credit scores, background,a and drug screening - only people with managerial skills are considered, since it is assumed that you will rise to a management position.

Interview Question – The interview was very straight foward - no surprise questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered a salary and did not negotiate - did not feel that it was something that the interviewer was open to

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amscot Financial

Worked for Amscot Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amscot Financial Financial Service Associate interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Amscot Financial employees and interview candidates.