Amscot Financial Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2015
Updated Apr 1, 2015

2.3

Financial Services Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Amscot Financial.

Interview

You interview with a recruiter/interviewer that strictly does that for a living. The person you interview with will NOT be your boss. You interview and they give you a basic math test that you must complete without a calculator and be scored on. After that they ask pretty standard interview questions and ask about hours and availability (which basically need to be any time). If you pass this interview they will schedule a drug test and then call to offer you the position if you passed all the steps. The pay is $14/hour, but you may be ale to negotiate $14.50. After that, you go to a group training class with the other new hires to learn procedures, practice counting out money, etc. You are paid minimum wage for the week of training. Your normal pay starts on Day one of work at your designated location (which can be pretty much anywhere in the district, and may change).

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated a $0.50 cent offer increase due to having a college degree (recent graduate). This was in 2010 when the economy was pretty rough. They have a pay range and the worst they can do is say no, so it does not hurt to ask.

Financial Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amscot Financial (Orlando, FL).

Interview

This went fairly quick for me. I applied online late in the evening one day (past 6pm). I had a phone call from Amscot HR office by 10am the next day! The process took only about a week due to setting up my interview/test location and getting drug test results.

I took a math test upon entering my local branch office. Never got my score but obviously did well because I was sent for a drug test almost immediately after results were in. Come Monday I was in training class which was Mon-Friday 8-5pm for a week. Then I was placed in a training branch for the 2nd week. After that, the 3rd week I was officially placed in my permanent branch (which could change over time based on company needs. I was one of the lucky ones that had only been in 2 branches over a 4 year period).

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult. I don't even recall getting real interview questions. But the main thing was the math test. You will do just fine if you know simple math. The company trains you thoroughly and promotes from within on all positions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was more of a take it or leave it deal in regards to my situation. The recruiter told me the hourly amount and said "that's what the corporate office said you qualify for!" I did not negotiate (and her face let me know to not even try it). I was fresh out of college looking to get into the financial world and had already been falling behind on bills after leaving my college job out of state and moving back home. This was a good starting point with a decent starting pay so I had no complaints at the time.

Assistant Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amscot Financial.

Interview

The hiring process is initially done online. I fill out an application and submit it after a week or two I was contacted by phone and told that they would like to have an interview. The interview was done in one of the Amscot branches. The recruiter went over some basic requirements about the position, IE it is full time, you must be available all hours, you mostly can't have another job. I was given a brief simple math assessment. After going over the answers I was asked basic questions about the company. I received a call a short time later to let me know they would like to hire me.

Interview Questions

• I had never been to an Amscot store before and wasn't sure of all the services they provide but most of them were literally written on the walls of the store as advertisements.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations it was simply a straight forward offer of $12 and hour with a possible increase after 90 days, and then annual reviews.

Financial Services Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amscot Financial (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Applied online , and was invited to a in-store meet and greet to take basic math test. After being informed I passed I had interview almost 75 miles away from my home. Was offered the job on the spot. Experience took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• All questions were basic and mostly past work experience based.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None respectable salary

Financial Services Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Amscot Financial.

Interview

After applying online, they called me 2 days later for a brief phone interview. They also called my listed references. The face to face interview was easy but somewhat uncomfortable because there were several candidates there for there interviews who were watching and listening to my interview. I'm not sure if there's a legit reason for that. While waiting for my interview I was given a basic math skills test. It didn't get more complex than small percentage problems. My interview location was about 45 minutes to an hour away from my home. I was offered the position the same day (hours later) so I had to drive back a second time to complete paper work because it was near the weekend and the recruiter was returning to Tampa. When I completed the paper work, I was scheduled to take the drug test the following Monday. They then called me on Wednesday to tell me I would start the one week training, the following Monday in Orlando. The company covered my hotel stay for the whole week of training since the location was over a certain mileage from my home.

Interview Questions

• The interview was quite average. Nothing unexpected or unfamiliar.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Base pay is between $12-14/hr. Since I was making only $10/hr at my previous job, I happily accepted the $12.

Financial Services Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amscot Financial (Tampa, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Recruit will call you "saw your app on [insert monster, career builder, etc.. here], tell you to put application in online. You go to interview, take a math test and answer some other general questions (they want to here your team player, looking to advance quickly). Once hired you take a 1 week training class at the corporate head quarters, be ready to be active in the class, people who aren't will get picked out and sent home. Be sure you have good references, they will call, and if they can't get a hold of them they will call you in the office and ask for more. Week 2 you start training at a branch.

Interview Questions

• Math Test. Make sure you refresh a little before you go. some fractions and decimal questions, must score an atleast an 85-90% or higher   Answer Question

Negotiation

Recruiter calls you and tells you what they offered you. You can go back and forth, they don't really budge. I heard people say no and 1-3 days later the recruiter called them back with a better offer.

Assistant Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amscot Financial (Lakeland, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

Submitted application on an Amscot career website, within an hour I got a call to come in for an interview. I noticed that the recruiter just spaces out interviews, one for every 45mins to an hour, so show up on time. You will be asked a basic interview questions like: Tell me a moment where you were in a difficult situation and what you did to fix it.
    Give me an example of a time you went above and beyond for a customer?
    Ect.

Interview Questions

• You are asked to complete a written test with part questions and part math test. The question puts just finds out your personality and the math question is basic arithmetic. Like adding, subtracting, multiplication, and percents.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The recruiter asked what wage I was expecting, I said that whatever wage is fair based off my experience. In the end, I found out they don't care what experience you have and they will start you off at $12 hr no matter what.

Financial Services Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Amscot Financial (Miami, FL).

Interview

The so called test that they give you to do is dumb!! insulted my intelligence. So here I am sitting doing waiting to take this test and the hiring manager is on her phone talking away and on her merry business 30 mins after she finally attends to me. I asked her about sick days and vacation days she goes... THERE ARE NONE! she was very unprofessional. She asked if I had any visible tattoos I said no, this lady had done looked me down from head to toe oh I think i saw something, then her whole mood changed and she said She would let me know if corporate decided to move fwd with my application... never heard from her

Financial Services Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Amscot Financial (Miami, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call two days later for an interview. Got to the store 15 minutes early met Jackie (who was very nice). She then gave me a packet that included the responsibilities, explained you can't have any obligations to the schedule and that they do run a credit check. At the end there was a math test. It had about 20 questions. 4 of them were multiple choice. The rest you have to manually do without a calculator. After finishing the test she looked it over and told me I did great. She then proceeded to tell me about the position and questioned me about my past employment. I thought everything went well until she explained to me that the offer is considered after they run a credit check. She looked it up right in front of me. I believed she lied after seeing my score because all of a sudden her computer got stuck lol. She told me she will turn in my application and if I don't receive a call by 3 they went with another applicant. So I'm home writing this review now knowing most likely I won't be receiving a call. Hope it works out for you guys. It seems like a nice place to work.

Fsa Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amscot Financial (Hialeah, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

Called back in a lot two days to set up an interview. Afterwards phone interview took place and offer was given. I accepted and had to go to to a week long very intense training. But once u get to week two it becomes easy. Its the same transactions day after day