Amscot Financial Interview Questions & Reviews

26 interviews

2.3

Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Amscot Financial.

The so called test that they give you to do is dumb!! insulted my intelligence. So here I am sitting doing waiting to take this test and the hiring manager is on her phone talking away and on her merry business 30 mins after she finally attends to me. I asked her about sick days and vacation days she goes... THERE ARE NONE! she was very unprofessional. She asked if I had any visible tattoos I said no, this lady had done looked me down from head to toe oh I think i saw something, then her whole mood changed and she said She would let me know if corporate decided to move fwd with my application... never heard from her

Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Amscot Financial in May 2013.

Applied online and received a phone call two days later for an interview. Got to the store 15 minutes early met Jackie (who was very nice). She then gave me a packet that included the responsibilities, explained you can't have any obligations to the schedule and that they do run a credit check. At the end there was a math test. It had about 20 questions. 4 of them were multiple choice. The rest you have to manually do without a calculator. After finishing the test she looked it over and told me I did great. She then proceeded to tell me about the position and questioned me about my past employment. I thought everything went well until she explained to me that the offer is considered after they run a credit check. She looked it up right in front of me. I believed she lied after seeing my score because all of a sudden her computer got stuck lol. She told me she will turn in my application and if I don't receive a call by 3 they went with another applicant. So I'm home writing this review now knowing most likely I won't be receiving a call. Hope it works out for you guys. It seems like a nice place to work.

Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amscot Financial in August 2012.

After completion of the in depth online application, a representative will call within two business days. The representative offers to set up a 1:1 interview. This interview, in which you were required to take a basic math test, was as standard as can be. The questions came directly from the textbook. Why do you want to work for Amscot? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Where else have you applied? What are your best attributes? Flaws? Etc. You are then offered a job within the next week which you will need to follow up with a drug test and background check. From what I have heard, and the impression I got while at the interview; it appears your job will be to remain behind bullet proof glass for 8 hour shifts any time of the day in any location. You may not leave the building for any reason throughout those 8 hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Amscot Financial in March 2012.

I think that the hiring process was professional. I was actually working at another company
    when I received a call from a recruiter. She said she saw my resume on career builders and
    wanted to know if I was still interested in new employment. I told her I have a job but I always weigh my options. The interview process was actually fun. There was a short test to
    take and a credit check. My recruiter and I came from the same field of previous work so we
    kind of were on the same page. I had my interview and job offer in the same day.

Interview Questions
    • If I had to choose one I guess it would be when she asked if I could start at the beginning
      of the next week. I don't like to burn bridges so I wanted to give a two weeks notice on my
      job.
        View Answer
    It wasn't difficult. I think that if the recruiter sees the value of adding you to the company
    they will negotiate to get you on the team.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amscot Financial in September 2009.

applied on line
    got call from hiring manger
    scheduled interview with owner and manager and department members
    was asked about experiences.
    provided exposition of skills and credentials that supported my candidacy
    hiring managerss looked nice but dry, quite distant. very young to be managers

Interview Questions
    • what's your experience with the position you are applying for   Answer Question
    • what are you looking for in your career   View Answer
    • why are you looking to change from your current employer?   Answer Question
    upon offer I declined due benefits not fitting my expectations
    employer continued calling to reconsider their offer.
    eventuslly they accepted 90% of my counteroffer.

Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amscot Financial in January 2012.

Applied onlilne got a phone call next day with a few questions about my last job and availability then scheduled a 1:1 interview next day. They were interving a lot of people trought the day since the had a job fair in that store. Gave me a basic math test and a then 1:1. Very unprofessional I feel like I was looking for a job in a fast food, the recruiter where talking loud making jokes with the employees and when I was havinf the 1:1 my recruiter "check" my answers to verified if they were ok but she didn;t care. After that horrible expirence she told me she will send my papers to "corporate" and if I don't get a cal before 7pm I can appied again within 1 year... are u serious? It was a joke Im glad I did't got hire. when I got home already had an email saying that I wasn't selected. Anyways I think I was more qualified with a Bachelor degree and financial expierience than the recruiter that did my interview. Also I asked for $14.00 since they said in the Ad they pay between $12 and $15 well Im bilingual with a degree they knew they will have to pay me the $14.00 and of course they will not going to do that even if the "say" the will pay you that.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amscot Financial in January 2009.

You need to complete a simple maths test with no calculator. Dress code : Business NO JEANS!
    They tend to look for people are bi-lingual (English & Spanish) with customer service experiences.
    They provide a 1 week classroom style training and 1 week on the job training. In order to get yourself into the 2nd week you must pass all quiz and tests in the 1st week , training is quite intensive !

Interview Questions
    • Case study : How do you deal with upset customer?   View Answer
    • Are you willing to work weekend?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amscot Financial in September 2009.

I applied online through Amscot's website. After 2-3 months I got an email inviting me to an open day where they were interviewing. I had to fill out an application and take a math test. No calculators were allowed but it was a very simple test. The recruiter checked how I did on the test and then interviewed me. Said they would call me to let me know. The next day I got a call back with a job offer which I accepted. I had to go in the following day to officially accept the job offer, get details on training (where, when etc).

Interview Questions
    When I first got the call I was so excited that I didn't even negotiate. Later when I gave it a thought I felt like I should have at least tried. When I went to sign the contract, I negotiated (even though the contract was already written out with the offered pay). My recruiter liked me a lot and said she would have to talk to the corporate office to see if they could give me anything more. 2 hours later I got a call stating that they agreed to meet me half way. I went back, signed the contract with my negotiated pay.

Tax Preparer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Amscot Financial in December 2009.

pretty much i just called up the district manager and got a re-training schedule. there is no actual interview involved. even my first year, you take the class then apply and they call you with what branch you start at.

no negotiation

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Amscot Financial in October 2008.

The interview process was professional and very thorough. There were at least 3 different people who met with a candidate during the process. The office was nice, people seemed to be relaxed and comfortable in their environment. Overall the experience was good and the company handled itself very well throughout the entire process.

Better offer elsewhere