Amtrak

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Reservation Sales Agent
Riverside, CA

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Amtrak in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was initially called late June of 2011 for an app I had submitted late May. I was informed that I would be contacted sometime in August with further instructions. I received a call mid August letting me know I had been selected to be interviewed for the position contingent on a drug screening, physical, and testing. I had to first do a 50 question test which involved me being in Riverside at the call center at 8AM. The test lasted about 90 minutes.

A week later I was called and told I had passed the test. I was then asked to go back and interview for the position 9 days later. I completed the interview and was called a week after that and told I had to take a physical and drug screening. I was scheduled to do this in a week.

Negotiation Details – none

Reservation Sales Agent
Riverside, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amtrak in August 2011.

Interview Details – it took a long time to hear from them i just barely got hired and wont start til october. first i took a personality and literature test (easy). a month later i was called to come in for an interview (12 questions). I was interviewed by three people and i got a call in about a week.

Interview Question – tell us of a time where you were faced with a difficult situation with a customer and did you handle it?   View Answer

Reservation Sales Agent Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amtrak in December 2009.

Interview Details – First, you have to attend an "orientaqtion" which is a 3 hour testing process (personality, reading comprehension skills tests). The "personality" test is not timed, 280 questions. The reading comprehension test is timed(40 minutes), and is 28 questions. If you pass the "orientation," you get a callback for an interview. The actual interview is a 3 person panel interview which lasts anywhere from 30 to an hour. My interview lasted 1 hr. I saw other interviewees leaving after only 25-30 minutes for their interviews. The whole process for this position is going to take a couple of months... "The "Orientation"(testing) was the first week of December, 2009, went in for an inperson interview 2 weeks after the "Orientation"(testing) and the callbacks offering a position aren't until the first week of Jan. 2010. The position doesn't actually start until the second week of Feb. 2010.

Interview Question – What are the pro's and con's about working with a "Union"   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amtrak

Worked for Amtrak? Contribute to the Community!

Amtrak Videos

Amtrak – Why Work for Us?

Moving America where it wants to go. Amtrak is a unique American success story because of our more than 21,000 diverse employees who drive the performance needed to make us America’s Railroad. For more than 42 years… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amtrak Reservation Sales Agent interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Amtrak employees and interview candidates.