Amtrak

Amtrak Reservation Sales Agent Interview Questions

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Amtrak in September 2011.

I was initially called late June of 2011 for an app I had submitted late May. I was informed that I would be contacted sometime in August with further instructions. I received a call mid August letting me know I had been selected to be interviewed for the position contingent on a drug screening, physical, and testing. I had to first do a 50 question test which involved me being in Riverside at the call center at 8AM. The test lasted about 90 minutes.

A week later I was called and told I had passed the test. I was then asked to go back and interview for the position 9 days later. I completed the interview and was called a week after that and told I had to take a physical and drug screening. I was scheduled to do this in a week.

none

Other Interview Reviews for Amtrak

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amtrak in August 2011.

it took a long time to hear from them i just barely got hired and wont start til october. first i took a personality and literature test (easy). a month later i was called to come in for an interview (12 questions). I was interviewed by three people and i got a call in about a week.

Interview Questions
    • tell us of a time where you were faced with a difficult situation with a customer and did you handle it?   View Answer

Reservation Sales Agent Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amtrak in December 2009.

First, you have to attend an "orientaqtion" which is a 3 hour testing process (personality, reading comprehension skills tests). The "personality" test is not timed, 280 questions. The reading comprehension test is timed(40 minutes), and is 28 questions. If you pass the "orientation," you get a callback for an interview. The actual interview is a 3 person panel interview which lasts anywhere from 30 to an hour. My interview lasted 1 hr. I saw other interviewees leaving after only 25-30 minutes for their interviews. The whole process for this position is going to take a couple of months... "The "Orientation"(testing) was the first week of December, 2009, went in for an inperson interview 2 weeks after the "Orientation"(testing) and the callbacks offering a position aren't until the first week of Jan. 2010. The position doesn't actually start until the second week of Feb. 2010.

Interview Questions
    • What are the pro's and con's about working with a "Union"   Answer Question