Amway

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Ada, MI

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Amway in November 2013.

Interview Details – They first came to my school and i met Amway at a career fair. After learning more about the company, I was interested and made sure they had my resume. Then, they called me for a phone interview, then I went on site for my final interview.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected I have been through many interviews.   Answer Question

Prepress Interview

Prepress

Interviewed at Amway

Interview Details – Long, numerous interviews, drug test, background checks. Pretty much have to know someone is my experience, but if you do you will get hired. Lots of interns getting jobs. Company has aging workforce so, many jobs opening up.

Global Procurement Internship Interview

Global Procurement Internship
East Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amway in February 2014.

Interview Details – 1. Online Application Process
2. Phone Interview
3. Interview with Higher Management
4. Lunch with future colleagues

All of the people I interviewed with were kind, and open to hearing about my experiences. The company really looks for good college recruits from California schools for their internship program.

Interview Question – What is a unique skill or experience you could bring to the internship?

Be prepared to proved that you actually speak a second language, so do not lie about it.
  Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
Ada, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Amway.

Interview Details – An initial phone screen was followed by an on-site interview with the entire team. The team interview involved technical questions about the languages being used. The interview was very easy going and technical questions were inline with the job's responsibilities. The team was friendly and explained the job fairly well. The division's culture was not well represented, masking the corporate politics problems that plagued it.

Very Easy Interview

IBO (Independent Business Owner) Interview

IBO (Independent Business Owner)
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Amway in January 2012.

Interview Details – They ask/tell you that if you are looking or wish to receive extra income on top of your current job than this place is the one for you. With Amway, you set your own goals and hours; sales training is available to help get you started. Once joined, professional webpage templates are free to choose: a great tool to help run your business.

Interview Question – Do you have any friends you can gather that would like this same opportunity?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, but If you have a stable job now and wish to buy organic products and makeup etc... then i would recommend this job to you. You really do get bonus checks from the amount of volume you create.

Very Easy Interview

Legal Interview

Legal
Ada, MI

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Amway.

Interview Details – I had an informal meeting with an executive about possibly joining the company. I thought the interview went well: we talked about a lot of things for about an hour - from Amway's business model to its culture and values to its role in the community. I sent the exec additional materials after the interview and a follow up email but haven't heard back yet. It's been awhile. I am hoping that I'll hear something soon.

Interview Question – "Before we begin, tell me what you know about this company."   View Answer

.NET Developer Interview

.NET Developer

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Amway.

Interview Details – First telephonic it was full technical . Next round was Skype interview. It was very good not so many tricky questions

Interview Question – Interviewers were very good people. I liked company.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Planning Intern Interview

Supply Chain Planning Intern
Ada, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Amway in September 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume through the careers site at the bottom of Amway.com. They called and scheduled a phone interview. After this I was scheduled with panel interviews where I had to go to HQ in Ada, MI for a full day of interviews/tours of the buiding etc. Two weeks later I was given an offer and accepted.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you disagreed with actions/decisions of an authoritative figure, how did you deal with it, and did you approach the authoritative figure about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had minimal negotiations. Amway will not negotiate on vacation days, but salary can be done.

Supply Chain Planning Intern Interview

Supply Chain Planning Intern
Ada, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amway.

Interview Details – First started with an initial phone screening which they asked a lot of basic questions about educational background and past employers. Then moved to an onsite interview where I got a whole tour of the headquarters and met with an HR rep and then met with a couple of the supply chain planning team members that talked me through the internship qualifications and the plans of the internship.

Interview Question – Hardest questions were questions about past leadership opportunities and why it is so important to have leadership qualities in the work place.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Ada, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Amway in December 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online through my school's employment site, and then spoke to a recruiter at a local career fair as well. I applied in October and heard back in early December and had a phone interview, then an on site interview, and got an offer in February.

Interview Question – If you could be anyone for a day, who would it be and why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was sent an offer letter, which I accepted. As an intern there is no negotiation.

Worked for Amway? Contribute to the Community!