Amyris Biotechnologies

Getting the Interview

2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analytical Chemist Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Amyris Biotechnologies.

Interview Details – Phone interview for 1 hour by hiring manager, then they decided to bring you in for a regular half day process for a Associate Scientist (RA) position. Starting with meeting with HR. and then hiring manager and coworkers. Technical questions will be asked, prepare for some questions to ask them to cut down their question time.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your previous company. How do you rate your previous boss.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Associate Scientist I Interview

Associate Scientist I
Emeryville, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Amyris Biotechnologies in February 2012.

Interview Details – Applied as an employee referral. Spoke with hiring manager right away. Interviewed with 6 people - individually. Took some time to get an offer, but was fair with great benefits. Took some time for background check to clear. First day set up was awkward, but it all worked out.

Interview Question – Was asked to describe a time I had to ask for help on a project.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Amyris Biotechnologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amyris Biotechnologies interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Amyris Biotechnologies employees and interview candidates.