Amyris Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014
4 interviews

3.3

Associate Scientist I Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Amyris in July 2014.

There was an initial phone interview with the hiring manager. The following week, I met one-on-one with the hiring manager and four other managers. This took about 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't many difficult technical questions. They did ask a few questions about working in a team environment, so that seemed to be important.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Emeryville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amyris in December 2010.

I interviewed with all of the EAs that worked in the company as well as all of the team members that I would be supporting. In total I interviewed with at least 9 people and went to the company 4 different times.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot about working as part of a team, asked for specific examples.   Answer Question
    I went through an agency; negotiation was simple and I was pleased with the outcome.

Analytical Chemist Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Amyris.

Phone interview for 1 hour by hiring manager, then they decided to bring you in for a regular half day process for a Associate Scientist (RA) position. Starting with meeting with HR. and then hiring manager and coworkers. Technical questions will be asked, prepare for some questions to ask them to cut down their question time.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave your previous company. How do you rate your previous boss.   Answer Question

Associate Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Emeryville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Amyris in February 2012.

Applied as an employee referral. Spoke with hiring manager right away. Interviewed with 6 people - individually. Took some time to get an offer, but was fair with great benefits. Took some time for background check to clear. First day set up was awkward, but it all worked out.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to describe a time I had to ask for help on a project.   View Answer
    I accepted the offer.

Worked for Amyris? Contribute to the Community!