The Nielsen Company

www.nielsen.com

The Nielsen Company Professional Services Interview Question (student candidate)

"An investor comes to you with $100k. He doesn't know whether to invest in a pizza chain (many stores but ehh pizza quality) or a boutique pizzeria (only one store but everyone raves about the pizza). Where would you recommend he invests his money?"
Add Tags [?]
Answer

Part of a Professional Services Interview Review - one of 442 The Nielsen Company Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 0
votes
I related it to a real scenario. In my town, there is a boutique pizzeria that everyone that comes must go to and there's your typical local chain that everyone has ordered from before. I asked what the client wanted to see from his investment, if he wanted to see quick growth, maybe the chain would be best. If he wanted constant and a more secure return, the boutique. I ended up suggesting the boutique and making it a parallel with the local example. (My interviewer was an alum and was familiar with the two pizza chains I was using).
- Interview Candidate on Sep 23, 2013