Anadarko Petroleum

Relevance Date Difficulty

ITS Analyst Interview

ITS Analyst
The Woodlands, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in October 2010.

Interview Details – Anadarko typically only hires new college grads out of the intern program, so if you're wanting a job with us, start by interning. I applied for an internship, accepted, interned, and was hired. I interviewed in September on campus and heard back in late October. The ITS intern program takes 10-12 interns from all schools. At one school alone, they received 130 applications, interviewed 13, and took 2.

It's very competitive. Anadarko is essentially the Goldman Sachs of the oil and gas industry.
The average employee at Anadarko equates to $3 million of revenue per year, so only the best is accepted. Out of 10-12 interns, typically only 1-2 are chosen for full time. This is based purely on performance, and how well you match up with our company values.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was blown away by the offer, so I accepted on the spot. I felt it was more than fair, and had no desire to negotiate.

Compensation for the internship is lower than companies such as Chevron, PwC, and COP. However, compensation for full-time employement is unbeatable.

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in July 2011.

Interview Details – it went great very nice and relaxed

Interview Question – Why do you want this position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was told how much and thats that

Interviews for Top Jobs at Anadarko Petroleum

Worked for Anadarko Petroleum? Contribute to the Community!