Anadarko Petroleum

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer Interview

Engineer
College Station, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview Details – The interview with Anadarko was great. The person interviewing was very laid back and wanted to help you shine as much as he could. He asked questions that were easy to answer and went at your pace. They seemed to want candidates that were down to earth, and like-able. I got the impression that they are turned off by nerdy students.

Interview Question – What motivates you?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through other source and interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview Details – Really bad, because they ask you to record your interview and then send it to them. So if you are camera conscious you are toasted. Bad way to rule out good candidates. Lack of human interaction. No phone interview and no personal interaction!

Interview Question – One feels stupid looking into the camera and answering questions. And you have 2-3 chances to time yourself. Gave only a day and a half to submit the interview.   Answer Question

Land Department Interview

Land Department

Interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum

Interview Details – Interveiwers were very knowledgeable and nice. Asked very good questions about my experence and how much i knew about the job I was appying for. They were very courteous and it didn't feel like I was being interrogated but rather interested in what kind of experience I had.

Aviation Safety Advisor Interview

Aviation Safety Advisor

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for an Aviation Safety Advisor position in January of 2014, received an invitation for an interview in April. The interview was with a panel of decision makers within the department. All of the questions were pretty straight forward, no surprises. Everyone I met was very kind, considerate and accommodating. The interview itself took about 2 1/2 hours and was semi informal. I received a tour of the facilities and then met with an HR representative. Overall it was a very positive experience.

Interview Question – The only difficult questions asked involved my knowledge of the company. I had some difficulty answering which was my fault for not researching more.   Answer Question

EHS Summer Intern Interview

EHS Summer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview Details – I applied for a summer internship with Anadarko through my university. I first met with a hiring manager who conducted the initial interview. I was very nervous at first and the hiring manager seemed very tough but warmed up quickly when I asked her questions about the position. It went well though and about a week later I received a call from my would-be supervisor who said he wanted to discuss the position more. When I called back it turned into a conference call interview, so I didn't feel as prepared. He also asked less generic interview questions and more difficult, position-specific questions. A week went by after this second interview before the supervisor called me again to offer me the intern position. I was elated!

Interview Question – What do you believe is the most effective way to develop and enact a new company policy?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The original job listing gave an hourly salary range. I got the maximum amount, so there was was no negotiating.

Midstream Finance Interview

Midstream Finance

Interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum

Interview Details – Was interviewed and hired through an MBA program.

Interview Question – Why did I leave my former industry and position to pursue finance within O&G.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview Details – Work culture is work-hard, play-hard. Seems very fulfilling. People working there seem to really enjoy it.

Interview Question – What did you learn the most working in lab?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Contractor Interview

Contractor

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in January 2012.

Interview Details – I've been a contractor over a year and still haven't been accepted for an interview even with great referrals.

Interview Question – I received the "We're working on getting a position open" often.   Answer Question

Accounting Intern Interview

Accounting Intern
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in September 2013.

Interview Details – I spoke to them at our business school's career fair, and then applied online and got an email saying I got an interview a few days later. Set up the interview in which they brought us into a hold room where there was a young lady waiting to talk to us and answer any questions while we were waiting. We were then brought into the interview room where there were 2 interviewers, one writing and one talking. Extremely laid back atmosphere, more like a conversation then an interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you overcame a challenge.   Answer Question

Landman Intern IV Interview

Landman Intern IV
Waco, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in June 2011.

Interview Details – Hard to describ

Interview Question – Do I have a drivers license   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Anadarko Petroleum

Worked for Anadarko Petroleum? Contribute to the Community!