Anadarko Petroleum Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.8

Senior Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Algiers (Algeria)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Algiers (Algeria)) in December 2008.

Interview

I concluded the interviewer had already decided not to offer a position before the interview started. I would like to think this was because the oil price had just fallen off a cliff.

Interview Questions

• What was my management style?   1 Answer
    • Give some examples of recent innovations?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in March 2008.

Interview

Internship and panel interview.

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (College Station, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

just talk to you about your life plan or career plan, they are very friendly

ITS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (The Woodlands, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

Anadarko typically only hires new college grads out of the intern program, so if you're wanting a job with us, start by interning. I applied for an internship, accepted, interned, and was hired. I interviewed in September on campus and heard back in late October. The ITS intern program takes 10-12 interns from all schools. At one school alone, they received 130 applications, interviewed 13, and took 2. It's very competitive. Anadarko is essentially the Goldman Sachs of the oil and gas industry. The average employee at Anadarko equates to $3 million of revenue per year, so only the best is accepted. Out of 10-12 interns, typically only 1-2 are chosen for full time. This is based purely on performance, and how well you match up with our company values.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was blown away by the offer, so I accepted on the spot. I felt it was more than fair, and had no desire to negotiate. Compensation for the internship is lower than companies such as Chevron, PwC, and COP. However, compensation for full-time employement is unbeatable.

Petroleum Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview

Ask about former intern experience

EHS Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview

I applied for a summer internship with Anadarko through my university. I first met with a hiring manager who conducted the initial interview. I was very nervous at first and the hiring manager seemed very tough but warmed up quickly when I asked her questions about the position. It went well though and about a week later I received a call from my would-be supervisor who said he wanted to discuss the position more. When I called back it turned into a conference call interview, so I didn't feel as prepared. He also asked less generic interview questions and more difficult, position-specific questions. A week went by after this second interview before the supervisor called me again to offer me the intern position. I was elated!

Interview Questions

• What do you believe is the most effective way to develop and enact a new company policy?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The original job listing gave an hourly salary range. I got the maximum amount, so there was was no negotiating.

Petrophysicist Interview

Interview

First two interviews were over the phone. Very casual conversations. Invited to a whole day interview. Very polite, respectful, and talented people. Interviewed with a panel and then by teams of two/three. People are very spirited and enjoy working there. Very proud employees. Very enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• Interview requires mastery in public speaking skills. No real surprises. Clear expectations were set upfront. Very professional team leads interviewing in groups.   Answer Question

Staff Field Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in September 2013.

Interview

Simple, to the point, will ask you why you are desiring to leave current employer, and why you want to work for Anadarko. They were very professional and had a genuine interest in what you could bring to the table. This is not a company that you want to try to slide a line of BS to during an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you wanting to work for Anadarko?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple, there was no competition. I interviewed with Shell, BHP Billiton, and COP. Anadarko did not have the top pay offer or the best benefits, but had the best total package from an entire total compensation perspective.

HSE Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Denver, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

Simple. Apply, phone interview, in person interview. The process took a little longer and I hear it is very difficult to get into industry. They ask questions very relevant to the position and want the right person.

Interview Questions

• Why was I changing from consulting to industry?   1 Answer

Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview

Applied online. 1 year later was called to set up a phone interview. 40 minute phone interview. Face to face round table interview with two different panels, about two weeks later