Anadarko Petroleum Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2014
Updated Jul 25, 2014

2.8

Senior Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Algiers (Algeria)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Algiers (Algeria)

I applied through other source. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in December 2008.

I concluded the interviewer had already decided not to offer a position before the interview started. I would like to think this was because the oil price had just fallen off a cliff.

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  College Station, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in September 2012.

just talk to you about your life plan or career plan, they are very friendly

Petroleum Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Ask about former intern experience

Operations Analyst (Gas Scheduler) Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in March 2008.

Internship and panel interview.

ITS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  The Woodlands, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in October 2010.

Anadarko typically only hires new college grads out of the intern program, so if you're wanting a job with us, start by interning. I applied for an internship, accepted, interned, and was hired. I interviewed in September on campus and heard back in late October. The ITS intern program takes 10-12 interns from all schools. At one school alone, they received 130 applications, interviewed 13, and took 2.

It's very competitive. Anadarko is essentially the Goldman Sachs of the oil and gas industry.
    The average employee at Anadarko equates to $3 million of revenue per year, so only the best is accepted. Out of 10-12 interns, typically only 1-2 are chosen for full time. This is based purely on performance, and how well you match up with our company values.

Interview Questions
    I was blown away by the offer, so I accepted on the spot. I felt it was more than fair, and had no desire to negotiate.

Compensation for the internship is lower than companies such as Chevron, PwC, and COP. However, compensation for full-time employement is unbeatable.

EHS Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

I applied for a summer internship with Anadarko through my university. I first met with a hiring manager who conducted the initial interview. I was very nervous at first and the hiring manager seemed very tough but warmed up quickly when I asked her questions about the position. It went well though and about a week later I received a call from my would-be supervisor who said he wanted to discuss the position more. When I called back it turned into a conference call interview, so I didn't feel as prepared. He also asked less generic interview questions and more difficult, position-specific questions. A week went by after this second interview before the supervisor called me again to offer me the intern position. I was elated!

Interview Questions
    • What do you believe is the most effective way to develop and enact a new company policy?   Answer Question
    The original job listing gave an hourly salary range. I got the maximum amount, so there was was no negotiating.

Senior Land Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in May 2012.

Initial communication was at least a month following application. The interview was a mix of casual and structured. Follow-up didn't occur until several weeks after.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question asked for my experience with title work. It was very broad.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in July 2011.

it went great very nice and relaxed

Interview Questions
    I was told how much and thats that

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  The Woodlands, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in September 2011.

Pre-interview presentation and selection
    Invitation for an interview
    1:1 interview onsite campus interview
    Response
    presentation - At office

Interview Questions
    • What will differientiate you from others in the future for a managerial position   View Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in August 2012.

Received an e-mail saying I got an interview.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. They asked about team work and so forth. I mostly spoke about myself and my experiences for half an hour.   Answer Question

Worked for Anadarko Petroleum? Contribute to the Community!