Anadarko Petroleum

34 candidate interviews

Senior Reservoir Engineer Interview

Senior Reservoir Engineer
Algiers (Algeria)

I applied through other source and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in December 2008.

Interview Details – I concluded the interviewer had already decided not to offer a position before the interview started. I would like to think this was because the oil price had just fallen off a cliff.

Interview Questions

Operations Analyst (Gas Scheduler) Interview

Operations Analyst (Gas Scheduler)

The process took a day - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in March 2008.

Interview Details – Internship and panel interview.

Interview Question – Knowledge of the industry?   Answer Question

ITS Analyst Interview

ITS Analyst
The Woodlands, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in October 2010.

Interview Details – Anadarko typically only hires new college grads out of the intern program, so if you're wanting a job with us, start by interning. I applied for an internship, accepted, interned, and was hired. I interviewed in September on campus and heard back in late October. The ITS intern program takes 10-12 interns from all schools. At one school alone, they received 130 applications, interviewed 13, and took 2.

It's very competitive. Anadarko is essentially the Goldman Sachs of the oil and gas industry.
The average employee at Anadarko equates to $3 million of revenue per year, so only the best is accepted. Out of 10-12 interns, typically only 1-2 are chosen for full time. This is based purely on performance, and how well you match up with our company values.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was blown away by the offer, so I accepted on the spot. I felt it was more than fair, and had no desire to negotiate.

Compensation for the internship is lower than companies such as Chevron, PwC, and COP. However, compensation for full-time employement is unbeatable.

Geologist Interview

Geologist
College Station, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in September 2012.

Interview Details – just talk to you about your life plan or career plan, they are very friendly

Interview Question – if your major is not geology, what will you choose?   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineering Interview

Petroleum Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview Details – Ask about former intern experience

Interview Question – what did you learn from the last internship   Answer Question

EHS Summer Intern Interview

EHS Summer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview Details – I applied for a summer internship with Anadarko through my university. I first met with a hiring manager who conducted the initial interview. I was very nervous at first and the hiring manager seemed very tough but warmed up quickly when I asked her questions about the position. It went well though and about a week later I received a call from my would-be supervisor who said he wanted to discuss the position more. When I called back it turned into a conference call interview, so I didn't feel as prepared. He also asked less generic interview questions and more difficult, position-specific questions. A week went by after this second interview before the supervisor called me again to offer me the intern position. I was elated!

Interview Question – What do you believe is the most effective way to develop and enact a new company policy?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The original job listing gave an hourly salary range. I got the maximum amount, so there was was no negotiating.

Aviation Safety Advisor Interview

Aviation Safety Advisor

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for an Aviation Safety Advisor position in January of 2014, received an invitation for an interview in April. The interview was with a panel of decision makers within the department. All of the questions were pretty straight forward, no surprises. Everyone I met was very kind, considerate and accommodating. The interview itself took about 2 1/2 hours and was semi informal. I received a tour of the facilities and then met with an HR representative. Overall it was a very positive experience.

Interview Question – The only difficult questions asked involved my knowledge of the company. I had some difficulty answering which was my fault for not researching more.   Answer Question

Technologist Interview

Technologist

I applied online and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview Details – Applied online. 1 year later was called to set up a phone interview. 40 minute phone interview. Face to face round table interview with two different panels, about two weeks later

Interview Question – Tell about a time you made a mistake   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in July 2011.

Interview Details – it went great very nice and relaxed

Interview Question – Why do you want this position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was told how much and thats that

Internship Interview

Internship
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in August 2012.

Interview Details – Received an e-mail saying I got an interview.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions. They asked about team work and so forth. I mostly spoke about myself and my experiences for half an hour.   Answer Question

Worked for Anadarko Petroleum? Contribute to the Community!