Anadarko Petroleum Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

2.8

Senior Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Algiers (Algeria)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Algiers (Algeria)) in December 2008.

Interview

I concluded the interviewer had already decided not to offer a position before the interview started. I would like to think this was because the oil price had just fallen off a cliff.

Interview Questions

• What was my management style?   1 Answer
    • Give some examples of recent innovations?   1 Answer

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (College Station, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

just talk to you about your life plan or career plan, they are very friendly

Petroleum Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview

Ask about former intern experience

Petrophysicist Interview

Interview

First two interviews were over the phone. Very casual conversations. Invited to a whole day interview. Very polite, respectful, and talented people. Interviewed with a panel and then by teams of two/three. People are very spirited and enjoy working there. Very proud employees. Very enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• Interview requires mastery in public speaking skills. No real surprises. Clear expectations were set upfront. Very professional team leads interviewing in groups.   Answer Question

ITS Analyst Interview

Interview

Met the recruiters a few times through the career fairs held at my school. Got an interview. The interview was all behavioral but one of the interviewer seemed a little too full of himself. Have not heard back yet but it's been less than a week.

Aviation Safety Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in May 2014.

Interview

I applied for an Aviation Safety Advisor position in January of 2014, received an invitation for an interview in April. The interview was with a panel of decision makers within the department. All of the questions were pretty straight forward, no surprises. Everyone I met was very kind, considerate and accommodating. The interview itself took about 2 1/2 hours and was semi informal. I received a tour of the facilities and then met with an HR representative. Overall it was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• The only difficult questions asked involved my knowledge of the company. I had some difficulty answering which was my fault for not researching more.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in January 2013.

Interview

I was very excited to be selected for an on campus interview with Anadarko. Leading up to the interview,I was eager to seek employment with the company because I'm really interested in their internship program because of the great opportunity to get expose to oil and gas accounting. However, the interview experience had left me disappointed. A few things that the two interviewers need to work on in my opinion ( I was interviewed by the midstream accounting manager and another accountant: 1. Do not try to write down every detail that I say in the interview. Isnt the point of an interview is to get to know me better as oppose to pinpointing every little thing I say? 2. Please at least try to be more engage in the interview even though you do not think the candidate your interviewing is what your looking for. You guys asked a candidate for an interview, so please give them the same treatment and respect that you provide to all interviewees. 3. Please provide details about the position the candidate is applying for. The whole purpose of the interview is to tell the candidate about the position they are applying for and how they fit into that role. The fact that you guys did not talk to me about the position shows your judgement towards me( the interviewee). This make me feel that you guys will only go on and talk about the position or show more interest if you guys like the interviewee. 4. Please put up a face even if your not interested in an interviewee. The fact that you guys select the person for an interview means that they deserve an equal chance to be known more about at the interview. Even if you do not like the interviewee at first sight, do not try to shut them out or try to end the interview early.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Houston, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Received an e-mail saying I got an interview.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions. They asked about team work and so forth. I mostly spoke about myself and my experiences for half an hour.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Houston, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

They interviewed me on campus and responded to my questions quickly.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Denver, CO).

Interview

I filled out an application and submitted a resume on line. Next, I was asked to take an exam. About a week later, I got a call from the senior manager who was seeking to fill that position. We set up a time for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was invited to visit the office in Denver, and speak to the that manager and a team member in a face to face interview. Lots of behavioral questions - very few technical questions. I was invited back for a 3rd interview - this time with a director. Here is where it went downhill. I arrived on site 10 minutes early, and asked the guard at the desk to let the director know that I was in the waiting room. 10 minutes later, I asked the guard if he had contacted her - he said "yes". After another 10 minutes of waiting, I nudged him again - and this time he finally broke down and called the director. It turns out he had only emailed her... he had never actually picked up the phone. By now I am 15 minutes late for my interview. The director appeared moments later, looking a little perturbed. I apologized for being late and told her the guard was having trouble locating her - but she was having none of it. She dismissed my apology and went on to explain that the manager who had originally contacted me was no longer in that position - and she would be making the final choice. At the end of the interview, she promised to let me know one way or the other. She never contacted me again. I followed up with her a week later and was informed "We went with an internal candidate".