Anadarko Petroleum

Updated Nov 16, 2014
Updated Nov 16, 2014

2.9

Full Time Position Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

the first round of interview was just basic behavioral questions about my resume. And ofcourse, Why do u want to work with anadarko ???

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

On campus interview, did not receive offer

Interview Questions
    • All questions are very easy, more like chatting with recruiters   Answer Question

Accounting Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

On Campus Interview with Meet and Greet the night before. Two Anadarko employees were present at the interview. One professional asked questions while the other wrote down my answers. Most questions were taken from a company-wide template. I was told that I would hear back with an answer within a month, but it took closer to two months to receive an email.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond the call of duty?   Answer Question

Accountant II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

I had been applying for years at any available position possible. And finally after two years I finally got a call from HR. They scheduled my interview and I ended up having an interview with my whole entire group! (apparently there were problems of not mixing well before me). After answering questions from everyone in the group, I thought it would be another long wait, but it was not! Moments from leaving the interview, I was getting calls from my references that they were already calling!! The next day they extended me an offer upon passing a drug test, background and credit check. The drug test is a hair sample. Some people said they cut a big chunk out, but the nurse was nice enough to cut two different places so there wasn't a huge gap.

Midstream Finance Interview

Was interviewed and hired through an MBA program.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I leave my former industry and position to pursue finance within O&G.   Answer Question

Land Department Interview

Interveiwers were very knowledgeable and nice. Asked very good questions about my experence and how much i knew about the job I was appying for. They were very courteous and it didn't feel like I was being interrogated but rather interested in what kind of experience I had.

Analyst Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Really bad, because they ask you to record your interview and then send it to them. So if you are camera conscious you are toasted. Bad way to rule out good candidates. Lack of human interaction. No phone interview and no personal interaction!

Interview Questions
    • One feels stupid looking into the camera and answering questions. And you have 2-3 chances to time yourself. Gave only a day and a half to submit the interview.   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in January 2012.

I've been a contractor over a year and still haven't been accepted for an interview even with great referrals.

Interview Questions
    • I received the "We're working on getting a position open" often.   Answer Question

Iand Intern IV Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in September 2009.

Interview, drug test

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, interns given a flat rate

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in April 2010.

Recruiter contacted me and described the opportunity. The phone interview was very comfortable - no tough questions. The one on one interview was again very pleasant. The interviewer was basically selling the company and the position.

Interview Questions
    • What are the real motivational items you seek in a firm?   View Answer
    • What is lacking in your current employer?   View Answer

A new management at my company indicated that there would be limited downsizing and that the remaining staff would get additional responsibilities and compensation.