Anadarko Petroleum

Updated Nov 16, 2014
Updated Nov 16, 2014

2.9

Rotational Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

I applied through my college career website and was interviewed about two weeks after the application closed. Prior to the interview, there was a greeter who spoke to me about the position and company, and answered any preliminary questions I had. I was then interviewed by two employees, one of whom had been through the rotational program previously. This was the most relaxed and friendly interview I have had! They were very energetic about the company, funny, and just wanted to get to know more about you. The questions were mostly behavioral, with one or two relating to my past internship experiences. They were non-judgmental and made it easy to talk. They provided insight about the company and program in great detail.

Interview Questions
    • What did you not like about your previous internship/employer?   View Answer

Accountant II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

I had been applying for years at any available position possible. And finally after two years I finally got a call from HR. They scheduled my interview and I ended up having an interview with my whole entire group! (apparently there were problems of not mixing well before me). After answering questions from everyone in the group, I thought it would be another long wait, but it was not! Moments from leaving the interview, I was getting calls from my references that they were already calling!! The next day they extended me an offer upon passing a drug test, background and credit check. The drug test is a hair sample. Some people said they cut a big chunk out, but the nurse was nice enough to cut two different places so there wasn't a huge gap.

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in September 2013.

I spoke to them at our business school's career fair, and then applied online and got an email saying I got an interview a few days later. Set up the interview in which they brought us into a hold room where there was a young lady waiting to talk to us and answer any questions while we were waiting. We were then brought into the interview room where there were 2 interviewers, one writing and one talking. Extremely laid back atmosphere, more like a conversation then an interview.

Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in September 2013.

Applied and got accepted for an interview through my universities career center. The interview was pretty straightforward and just talking about my resume. No technical questions. Invited to a dinner with them the next day. Did not make it through to the final interview. They whole turnaround from first interview to an offer would have been under a week though.

Staff Field Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in September 2013.

Simple, to the point, will ask you why you are desiring to leave current employer, and why you want to work for Anadarko. They were very professional and had a genuine interest in what you could bring to the table. This is not a company that you want to try to slide a line of BS to during an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you wanting to work for Anadarko?   View Answer
    Simple, there was no competition. I interviewed with Shell, BHP Billiton, and COP. Anadarko did not have the top pay offer or the best benefits, but had the best total package from an entire total compensation perspective.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

I filled out an application and submitted a resume on line. Next, I was asked to take an exam. About a week later, I got a call from the senior manager who was seeking to fill that position. We set up a time for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was invited to visit the office in Denver, and speak to the that manager and a team member in a face to face interview. Lots of behavioral questions - very few technical questions. I was invited back for a 3rd interview - this time with a director. Here is where it went downhill. I arrived on site 10 minutes early, and asked the guard at the desk to let the director know that I was in the waiting room. 10 minutes later, I asked the guard if he had contacted her - he said "yes". After another 10 minutes of waiting, I nudged him again - and this time he finally broke down and called the director. It turns out he had only emailed her... he had never actually picked up the phone.

By now I am 15 minutes late for my interview. The director appeared moments later, looking a little perturbed. I apologized for being late and told her the guard was having trouble locating her - but she was having none of it. She dismissed my apology and went on to explain that the manager who had originally contacted me was no longer in that position - and she would be making the final choice. At the end of the interview, she promised to let me know one way or the other. She never contacted me again. I followed up with her a week later and was informed "We went with an internal candidate".

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in April 2013.

The interview was a panel interview with several HR Management team members. Most questions were focused on past experiences related to the position and how I would manage challenges specific to the position. Overall, it was a positive interview process.

Interview Questions
    • The interview felt more like a discussion of the role followed by them asking me to explain what my approach to the position would be.   View Answer

Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in January 2013.

I was very excited to be selected for an on campus interview with Anadarko. Leading up to the interview,I was eager to seek employment with the company because I'm really interested in their internship program because of the great opportunity to get expose to oil and gas accounting. However, the interview experience had left me disappointed.

A few things that the two interviewers need to work on in my opinion ( I was interviewed by the midstream accounting manager and another accountant:

1. Do not try to write down every detail that I say in the interview. Isnt the point of an interview is to get to know me better as oppose to pinpointing every little thing I say?

2. Please at least try to be more engage in the interview even though you do not think the candidate your interviewing is what your looking for. You guys asked a candidate for an interview, so please give them the same treatment and respect that you provide to all interviewees.

3. Please provide details about the position the candidate is applying for. The whole purpose of the interview is to tell the candidate about the position they are applying for and how they fit into that role. The fact that you guys did not talk to me about the position shows your judgement towards me( the interviewee). This make me feel that you guys will only go on and talk about the position or show more interest if you guys like the interviewee.

4. Please put up a face even if your not interested in an interviewee. The fact that you guys select the person for an interview means that they deserve an equal chance to be known more about at the interview. Even if you do not like the interviewee at first sight, do not try to shut them out or try to end the interview early.

Senior Document Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in November 2012.

Interview was great

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in September 2012.

just talk to you about your life plan or career plan, they are very friendly