Analog Bits

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

3.6

Entry Level CMOS Mixed Signal Circuit Design Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Analog Bits in October 2014.

They contacted me the day after I submitted my application. The process was very fast. The phone interview went very well, all the questions were digital, the interviewer told me that they will contact me for setting up onsite interview for following week. Onsite interview questions were basic questions too both in analog and digital.

Interview Questions
    • They ask very basic questions, mostly digital. Questions are all the same as ones people mentioned before.
      How to build frequency divider, NAND, NOR, INV,...

Answer Question

Mixed Signal Design Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Analog Bits in August 2014.

I have applied the position on my university's recruiting website. They scheduled phone interview with me at the next day. Phone interview comes within a week. They usually very hurry. The phone interview tokes about 5min.

Interview Questions
    • When connected two NMOSs at their drains, say NMOS1 and NMOS2, assign Vg1=3V, Vg2=4V, Vs1=5V, what will be the voltage at Vs2? What is the working region of NMOS2   View Answer

Circuit Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Analog Bits.

Update resume via college system. Contacted by HR after 1 week and set a telephone interview time. A few questions about inverting NMOS and PMOS, setup and hold. Vtn and Vtp...

Interview Questions
    • Half plate as 1 and half plate as 0. Design a circuit to detect clockwise or conterclk.   Answer Question

Entry Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Analog Bits in April 2014.

I emailed my resume to the email specified on their website. Got a phone call in 2 days an scheduled a phone interview after 2weeks. They called on time and started asking questions. I felt that the interviewer was hurry and talked fast.

Interview Questions
    • What happens if you connect inductors after the supplies(VDD,VSS) to an inverter.What happens if I give -2V at the output of the inverter- with L and without L. The interviewer was very rude in the way he asked the questions and talked to me, from which I felt that I did not like their work culture/people- as a college graduate, we expect people/seniors to be patient or supportive rather than harsh. Overall, I don't recommend this.   View Answer

Mixed Signal Circuit Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Analog Bits.

Telephonic interview

Design Engineer Interview

Phone interview of a couple of questions

Interview Questions
    • Same question as others: if the source of NMOS is open, what is the voltage at the source if the gate and drain at 3 and 5V. Also Inverter with feedback.   View Answer

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Analog Bits in January 2014.

I applied on the university recruiting website in January 2014 and the process took about 1 week.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of digital questions, like NAND, NOR gate logic, optimization and inverter matching.   Answer Question

Circuit Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Analog Bits in October 2013.

They asked for transcript from my schools and then scheduled a phone interview. The interviewer mostly just wanted my answers and didn't really care about what is on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • They asked things like if the source of NMOS is open, what is the voltage at the source if the gate and drain at 3 and 5V. If the gate of inverter is connected through a resistor to a output, what is the output voltage? Also things related to ring oscillator. Mostly just digital stuff, nothing analog like others have said.   View Answer

•Entry Level CMOS Mixed Signal Circuit Design Engineer (Multiple Openings) Interview

Submit the resume through school's career website and one HR called to schedule an telephone interview. An indian enginner interviews me that day and asked one question. He asked for CMOS, if Vg=3 V, Vd=5 V, source is floating. What is the source voltage. And if Vg=0 V, the what about source voltage.

Interview Questions
    • I did not get the right answer for the second question and he continuously wants me to get the right result. After several minutes, this interview ends in that way   Answer Question

Mixed Signal IC Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Analog Bits.

Applied through campus recruitment e-mail. Was scheduled for phone interview. Interviewer notified me he was in a rush so I should keep my answers brief and be as quick as possible, which made for an uncomfortable interview. Questions were similar to other posted interviews here (voltage at open node of NMOS, 1/4 black and 3/4 white rotating disk etc.) I had prepared extensively for analog interview questions as the recruitment flier advertised Analog Bits as an analog/mixed signal company, but it's a PURELY digital company and interview. I was scolded several times for bringing up analog effects and therefore delaying my interviewer from getting to his meeting. For other questions (building CMOS circuits), it felt like they wanted you to already know the answer instead of working through the problem. Overall a very rude, uncomfortable, and uninspiring interview process.

Interview Questions
    • 1) Given an NMOS, 5V on Drain, 4V on Gate, what is voltage on source?

2) What happens when using a NMOS to pull up and/or a PMOS to pull down?

3) Given a rotating disk that's 1/4 black and 3/4 white, assume you have two sensors 90 degrees apart. How can you determine the direction the disk is rotating (clockwise vs counterclockwise) with some cmos circuit?

View Answers (2)