Analog Devices Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

3.2

Product Engineer Interview

Interview

Submitted resume in my university's career fair, received phone interview two weeks later. The interviewer is very nice. Asked something on my resume and went into some technical questions. Also he answered some of my questions regarding to the job.

Physical Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Analog Devices (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I had applied on January 2 week and got interview call in the month of Feb 2nd week. The position was for Physical design intern at N. Carolina. It was a telephonic Interview and went on for 30 min.

Interview Questions

• 1.Complex circuit and asked to find the effective resistance
      2.Current mirror basics

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Came into office and met with team on two days. Mostly technical questions like drawing a bandgap, analysis of certain circuits, etc. Mostly technical questions. Also met with HR. HR runs the show and provides offers which in my opinion is a bad idea.

2015 SummerOptical/MEMS Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Analog Devices (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

There are two stages of interviews. The first one was called by the program manager and she introduced the group of me interviewing and what the group is up to. Basically at this stage she was just wondering if I am interesting of the position. The second stage was given by the senior engineer by the group and we went through my resume. He asked some technical questions about my projects and I think we talked joyfully during the 35 mins interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about some power management circuit I conducted in one of my graduate courses. The interviewer seemed to be very interested in the circuit of mine, which is an energy harvesting circuit that contains charge pump, pulse generator and voltage comparators, He asked several questions about it such as how we overcome the problems of unstable Vdd, low ref voltage, .ow input,etc. He was also interested in whether my teammates and I had a harmonic cooperating experience during the project was ongoing.   1 Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Analog Devices.

Interview

Went to campus recruiting event and talk to the staff member on site. After few days, receive an email to schedule a phone interview. On the phone interview, staff was friendly and ask questions basically just on the resume and ask me whether I have any questions or not.

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analog Devices.

Interview

I met with the hiring staff on the campus recruiting event. After few days, I received a phone from the company to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview is frendly but met several technical questions

Sales Enablement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Analog Devices (Norwood, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

I had several phone interviews and then interviewed onsite with the hiring manager and HR. The interviews went well, but ran very long. They should schedule each person for a longer amount of time. Unfortunately, I was missing the global experience they were looking for, so I was not offered the position.

Interview Questions

• They asked what my strategy would be for sales enablement.   Answer Question

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Analog Devices (Somerset, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume during a Career Fair, where I was asked some digital design questions on-spot.
    I got a on campus interview call the very next day. On campus interview was 1 hour long. Mostly questions related to Floating Point Binary Arithmetic, Setup hold time, Verilog, State machines etc.
    Following this I got 2 telephonic interviews. None of them were scheduled. Questions asked basically related to projects, internship, DFT algorithms, design problems like clock/2 and clock/3, timing etc.

Finally, I was called for an onsite interview to Somerset, New Jersey. I had 7 interviews 45 mins each.
    Questions were asked from the following areas Latches - Flip Flops, Timing, FIFO, Digital design, DFT, Verification, Computer Architecture and ASIC Design Flow.

The entire interview process was quite good and informative. The interviewers were friendly and very helpful.

Interview Questions

• I found most of the questions pretty simple. I am categorizing all the questions below for reference.

1. Latches - Flip Flops

3. FIFO for data and address buses
          4. How to synchronize?

3. Design
          1. Asynchronous and synchronous reset in Flip Flops
          2. Data(D1) following data(D) while going low (asynchronous) but synchronous with clock while going high
          3. ADC Design
             4. Sensitivity list - if missed what is implication on gate level simulation
          5. Clock by three

4. DFT
          1. Explain DFT
          2. Scan Chains and Scan FFs
          3. Fault models
          4. Delay fault
          5. Testing of two clock counters by adding logic in between to reduce overall time. (First counts from 0 to 255. For every 256 counts in first seconds increments its counter by 1.)

5. Verification
          1. Test plan
          2. Assertions
          3. Coverage - when will you stop verification
          4. Layered test bench
          5. Randomization
          6. Difference between rand and randc.
          7. where is randc used? - decoder verification

2. Goals
              3. clock
              4. setup and hold time

Product Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied online and got a phone interview. Went in person for a half-day interview and interviewed with about 5 people. Voltage divider, basic op amp circuits, KVL/KCL. And that was it. Great great great processess

Interview Questions

• How is slew rate define? Some tricky op-amp questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Analog Devices in November 2014.

Interview

Submit my resume to ADI on campus career fair. Got an on campus interview in 2 weeks.
    1 week after the on campus interview, I was invited to an on-site. The on-site was in 3 weeks.
    Interviewed by 8 people (45~50min each), starting 9AM, finish 4:30PM.
    Not all sessions are technical, 2 managers session were just general introduction of the group and some other talk.
    I don't think the interviewers are expecting me to be able to answer all their questions, but when asked a question that you don't know the answer directly, try talk to them more and find clues or even ask for some hints.
    All interviews are very friendly and knowledgeable.
    Got results in 2 weeks, not selected for this position, but offered a position in another group.

Interview Questions

• All kinds of questions regarding Op-Amp
      My own research
      ADC/DAC, INL/DNL, distortion, etc.
      CMOS, Bipolar device basics (operation regions, I-V curve, equations, noise, etc)