Analog Devices

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

3.2

Product Engineer Interview

I applied online and got a phone interview. Went in person for a half-day interview and interviewed with about 5 people. Voltage divider, basic op amp circuits, KVL/KCL. And that was it. Great great great processess

Interview Questions
    • How is slew rate define? Some tricky op-amp questions.   Answer Question

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Analog Devices in November 2014.

I submitted my resume during a Career Fair, where I was asked some digital design questions on-spot.
    I got a on campus interview call the very next day. On campus interview was 1 hour long. Mostly questions related to Floating Point Binary Arithmetic, Setup hold time, Verilog, State machines etc.
    Following this I got 2 telephonic interviews. None of them were scheduled. Questions asked basically related to projects, internship, DFT algorithms, design problems like clock/2 and clock/3, timing etc.

Finally, I was called for an onsite interview to Somerset, New Jersey. I had 7 interviews 45 mins each.
    Questions were asked from the following areas Latches - Flip Flops, Timing, FIFO, Digital design, DFT, Verification, Computer Architecture and ASIC Design Flow.

The entire interview process was quite good and informative. The interviewers were friendly and very helpful.

Interview Questions
    • I found most of the questions pretty simple. I am categorizing all the questions below for reference.

1. Latches - Flip Flops

3. FIFO for data and address buses
          4. How to synchronize?

3. Design
          1. Asynchronous and synchronous reset in Flip Flops
          2. Data(D1) following data(D) while going low (asynchronous) but synchronous with clock while going high
          3. ADC Design
             4. Sensitivity list - if missed what is implication on gate level simulation
          5. Clock by three

4. DFT
          1. Explain DFT
          2. Scan Chains and Scan FFs
          3. Fault models
          4. Delay fault
          5. Testing of two clock counters by adding logic in between to reduce overall time. (First counts from 0 to 255. For every 256 counts in first seconds increments its counter by 1.)

5. Verification
          1. Test plan
          2. Assertions
          3. Coverage - when will you stop verification
          4. Layered test bench
          5. Randomization
          6. Difference between rand and randc.
          7. where is randc used? - decoder verification

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

interviewed at Analog Devices in October 2014.

through career fair. Had a short interview in he stall. Got a call for on campus interview the next day. the successful candidates were informed they will have another round of phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • all questions were basic digital design questions. How to construct a divide by 2 counter using flip flops etc. What is setup and hold time. What is the functioning of d flip flop.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Analog Devices in October 2014.

Process was very thorough, but extremely friendly. Talked with two Senior Product Engineers and a Manager (phone interviews), before on-site Interview. On-site Interview was all day, with 6 interviewers, all asking technical questions. Questions were difficult, but people were extremely friendly. All in all, the process was very good, and I had nothing but good things to say about their company.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on: RC Circuits, Transmission Lines, Digital Logic, Transistor Design (Cascoding and Gain), Feedback Systems (poles and Zeros), and MOS theory.   Answer Question
    Already had an offer, so company moved quickly to pick me up. No need to negotiate - offer, sign-on bonus, and options were all fantastic.

Product Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Analog Devices in May 2014.

Contacted a team member through LinkedIn and applied on ADI's website. I got two phone screens and an on-site interview. The phone interviews involved some basic questions about background and a few technical questions about op amp circtuits and feedback around op amp. After that, I was invited for an all day, on-site interview. During this interview, I interviewed with each member of the team (5+ hrs). I was offered the position once all interviews were completed and my manager received positive feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were technical questions I expected (step response for a high-pass or low-pass RC filter, op amp circuits, etc.). One interview was different in that, he asked me to explain one of my projects to him as if he were a layman with no technical expertise (using whiteboard).   Answer Question
    I had another offer from a different company at the time. I was unable to negotiate the salary, but they did increase the signing bonus.

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Analog Devices in May 2014.

Written test was very hard. They had made me wait for a very long time after which they finally did not give me the offer. They did not call back either.

Intern Power Management Interview

3 hour on-site interview. Good atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. Gain of operational amplifier   Answer Question

Intern Design Engineering Intern- High Speed Products and Technology Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Analog Devices in April 2014.

Applied online. Received a call from an engineer and he interviewed me for 40 min. All were basic questions. setup & hold time? What can you do to prevent a system going into metastable? one hot and binary encoding?

Digital IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Analog Devices.

Applied online, got an email to set up telephone interview with hiring manager, in the gap of one week phone and onsite interview

Interview Questions
    • position required strong signal processing background, especially in filter design, questions related to Z transform were little difficult, thought I was supposed to get transfer function at the end   Answer Question

Test Development Engineer Interview

Phone interview. The product engineer focused on asking the question regarding your resume and some basic circuit question such as filter and amplifier question.