Analog Devices

Relevance Date Difficulty

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
Greensboro, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Analog Devices in July 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was for 45 mins phone. Asked lot about communication concepts.

Interview Question – Need for frequency matching?   View Answer

Graduate Engineer Interview

Graduate Engineer
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Analog Devices.

Interview Details – On-campus interview.

Purely technical interview for 45 minutes - interviewer was not interested in prior work and did not know anything about the department (RF analog electronics) which I was interested in or the related field.

Questions asked:
Derive output and gain of simple amplifier (preferably without drawing small-signal model)
Draw Bode-plots for RLC filter
and more in the category of basic analog electronics

Did fairly well at the interview and received the interviewer's business card but never heard from them again - no rejection, no nothing. Tried calling, emailing, calling HR, and absolutely no response. Got an automated email that they'll be back in office in 6 months. Weird.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions, but know your stuff - rehearse the fundamental amplifier theory, circuit theory, filter theory and so on - everything pertaining to basic analog electronics. Be convincing, because the interviewer might try to get you to doubt your own answers even when they're correct.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Various Position Interview

Various Position

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Analog Devices in October 2013.

Interview Details – This is an on-campus interview. The interviewer was nice and talktive. The main process was checking my resume and asking questions about it, not too much pressure. Basically like the conversation on career fair. At the last 15 minutes he asked me technical questions on Verilog, and was basic ones. The purpose of holding this interview was more like enlarge the influence of the company on campus and seems they don't really urge to hire people.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

MEMS Intern Interview

MEMS Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Analog Devices in March 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by on-site. On-site was a total of 5 rounds each of nearly 30-40 minutes. Most questions were resume based.

Interview Question – Details about project   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Norwood, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Analog Devices in October 2013.

Interview Details – First interview was over the phone. It was very technical. The second round was on-site and included 2 hours with my prospective boss. We met in the very nice and clean cafe. Then I met with two developers in their work space.

My prospective boss was very tentative about being honest about working at Analog. Their technology and process is very old.

The development space is horrible. The building is a very dark and depressing cubicle farm with almost no windows.

Interview Question – How do you search a binary tree.   Answer Question

Applications Engineering Manager Interview

Applications Engineering Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Analog Devices in September 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview with hiring manager. Then on-site interview with 4 managers.

Interview Questions

• What can be improved in op amps to further increase their performance?   View Answers (2)
  • Describe something you need to work on as a manager and how you will improve.   View Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Analog Devices.

Interview Details – Applied on my university's on-campus interview website. The interview process was very pleasant, most of the 45 minute interview was the recruiter explaining more detail of the position and answering any questions I had. Asked me to explain a time when I used my technical knowledge to solve a problem.

Interview Question – There were some technical questions asked at the end of the interview. Most of them having to do with filters and solving for the transfer functions.   Answer Question

Materials Handler Interview

Materials Handler
Nashua, NH

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Analog Devices in January 2012.

Interview Details – They just want people that can get along.

Interview Question – There were not any difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quick I accepted their offer of 12.5

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
Boston, MA

I interviewed at Analog Devices in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied on its official website and got the HR's email to set a technical interview on phone.
The technical interview was organized by two engineers about electrical engineering in that group. It's about a optical sensor demonstration project group. They maybe the engineer of that group. They asked me to describe my experience on my resume and asked me some questions depend on that. Why did you choose DIP microprocessor? Did you use fixed point calculation to develop your project? Which is not expected by me. I didn't pass may because of that question.

Interview Question – Did you use fixed point calculation to develop your project?   View Answer

RF Design Engineer Interview

RF Design Engineer

Interviewed at Analog Devices

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me after first round on campus. 1 Phone interview and then 4 on-site for internship position. Really nice interviews 30 mins each full technical. Helpful and gave me an idea of the future stuff I need to do in order to improve.

Interview Question – Technical IMD Testing questions with filter design question   Answer Question