Analysis Group

Getting the Interview

63 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Analysis Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – On campus interview

Interview Question – If you had a million dollars what would you do with it?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Analysis Group

Interview Details – Was recruited on-campus. First round interview was standard informational interview with additional qualitative case interviews. Second interview was at the office in a 9am-2pm deal. You speak with many people in the office ranging from groups of analysts to single vice-presidents and associates. Overall was a very agreeable recruitment process.

Interview Question – What do you know about reverse settlement litigation and how to economically evaluate it?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details – 5 interviews with varying levels of staff; fairly easy overall, no case or brain teaser questions

Interview Question – Lots of questions about academic work/thesis   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details – First round over the phone, second round in person with 5 different interviewers for 3 hours

Interview Question – Explain ordinary least squares.   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details – Attended my first interview with them at a career fair, then was invited for a final round interview with 5 employees in their Boston office. Each asked me the same questions: questions related to my previous research projects, team work experience, and plans for the future (Were they checking me for consistency?) The campus recruiting coordinator, who was one of the interviewers, did not really want to talk to me, which I found a little rude. She was supposed to spend with me half an hour but she was done with me in 6 minutes. One of her questions revealed to me that she had not looked at my resume before sitting down to speak with me.

Interview Question – Is there anything that you think your resume does not communicate? Describe a situation when you were completely overwhelmed.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details – 2 rounds: first round on-campus (30 minutes); second round in-office (half day)
Mix of behavioral and technical questions: past research projects, data/statistical package experience, working in teams, problem-solving skills
2nd round consisted of interviews with associates/managers, and lunch with analysts
There was also a short "case study" where you work through an Excel file independently and then discuss it (much less formal/structured than management consulting case interviews)

Interview Question – Excel case study   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details – Very technical questions based on my research experience

Interview Question – Why do you use this method instead of that one?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

Interview Details – I applied through on-campus recruiting. I was invited to an interview after submitting my resume and cover letter. The interview was with two employees of Analysis Group who asked me basic behavioral questions. This part was normal and they were very friendly. What they really want to know, however, is what economic research you have done. I believe this is the deal-breaker; if you don't have any experience in economic analysis the job isn't right for you. This was my case.

Interview Question – Be specific about a time you had to do analysis - explain the methods you used, the numbers, etc.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details – Where are you from?
What do you have?
Have you ever experienced something like...?
What is your ambition?
...

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   View Answer

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details – They gave me three rounds of interview, two phone screenings and one in-house. The phone interviews are basically behavior-based questions, conducted by an analyst in the first round and a manager in the second round. The in-house interview is in Boston, six back-to-back 30-min conversations with two analysts, two associates and two president-level. Despite of the basic behavior-based questions, which are almost the same as the phone screening, they went much deeper into the details of my research projects. And some techinical questions about econometrics are also included. Generally people are friendly and nice.

Interview Question – The questions about econometrics came unexpected and I did not handle well on spot. Those questions are not impossible to answer, but really test your understanding of basic econometric concepts. It seems that they gave questions based on what you did in your research.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Analysis Group

Worked for Analysis Group? Contribute to the Community!

Analysis Group – Why Work for Us?

Since 1981, Analysis Group has provided outstanding client service to North America’s top law firms, Fortune 100 companies, and government agencies. Our work is grounded in the principles and practices of economic… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Analysis Group Analyst interview questions and advice. All 63 interview reviews posted anonymously by Analysis Group employees and interview candidates.