Analysis Group Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014
Updated Oct 20, 2014

81 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Analysis Group.

The first round was a phone interview with an Senior Analyst. Took ~1 hour and was mostly behavioural questions focused on prior research experience.

The next and final round was 5 x 30min interviews at the office I was applying for (Boston) with Senior Analysts and Managers. Again, it was mostly behavioural questions focused on prior research experience. I was rather disappointed to not have any case interview questions because those are fun. As my interviewers did not co-ordinate amongst each other and seemed fairly new to the process, they all asked essentially the same questions: Discuss my prior research experiences followed by a question on any teamwork-related challenges I've encountered.

Other Interview Reviews for Analysis Group

Analyst Interview

I applied online after I talked to a representative at the career fair at my University. I just finished the phone interview. Interviewer told me I'd be contacted within 2 weeks for next steps.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an instance in which you had to be a leader and how did you do it.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Analysis Group.

Phone interview, nothing really difficult, my interviewer was nice. Went into details in my past research experience. General behavioral questions like tell me about your role in a team, tell me about a time that you did xyz... Just be prepared to tell stories about your resume.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group in October 2014.

Applied through university career center. Received an email about 2 weeks later for a first-round interview at the career center. Had interview with an Analyst and Associate at once. They had no case interview and focused solely on my past research experience. As others have said, make sure to know the methodologies and conclusions of past research projects.

Interview Questions
    • What impact did the conclusions of your research have on the field?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group in October 2014.

Applied through University recruitment process - took one week (still in process). Interview was very conversational. I was expecting questions about my research experience, but it was mostly about my skills and how I've applied them. Basic short case about financials.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your resume, tell me about your experience in excel.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Applied through campus. Had on-campus interview with two members from the group. Asked about my interest with AG and consulting. Focus on technical experience. I was called back for a second round where there were 5 interviews and a lunch prior. Each interview was behavioral and they have specific questions they will ask. One was a general overview, another was focused on work, another on school projects. Overall it was a great experience and the company is great. The culture is laid back and everyone is willing to help each other. The "team" culture is definitely stressed.

Interview Questions
    • There were no cases, just know any past projects that you have done. Specifically quantitative.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Analysis Group in September 2014.

I was frankly appalled. While it should be an easy conversation about my background, the two female interviews were aloof and detached from the very beginning. For most of the time they simply stared at me without knowing what to ask. WORST interviewers ever seen. I asked them what kind of candidate they are looking for. One said people who study economics, enjoy economics, and do economics research. I found this answer hilarious as I come from a typical math and finance background. Apparently when I walked through my resume they were confused about the stuff I study at school and there were no followups. I just don't understand why they want to interview me in the first place.

Conclusion: show that you love economics in order to nail the interview. My interviewers at least did not care about your finance and mathematics background.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group in September 2014.

I applied through campus career service. There are two interviewers. One of them is an VP, who never laughed or had any facial expression through the whole interview process. The interview was basically just some walk through resume stuff. Be prepared with all your research-related experience, because they can go very deep about that. I heard back in 3 days, and i did not get into the second round interview.

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Analysis Group in September 2014.

Quick session then superday style interview, including with a recruiter who was supremely unprofessional, confrontational, and is just trying to get information from the applicant. Analysis Group seems to be a nice place to be, places well-ish for bschools but I think thats because of the strong local bias, which just happens to be good schools. Again, recruiter was very unprofessional asking probing questions that had nothing to do about the position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group.

Straightforward. Applied through campus recruiting, had a 1st round interview with two alumni that worked at AG. Was invited to a 2nd round interview at the office, where I spoke with 5 different people who each held different positions in the company. Overall it was a great experience. I didn't get an offer (my interviews went well, but remember it's always who you're up against and partly luck) but I would consider applying again if the opportunity arises. Great people, great company. I love how they don't have case questions like many of the other big EC firms do. One's ability to solve a case question is very weakly related to one's ability to work in litigation consulting or do HEOR.