Analysis Group Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA).

Interview

An on-campus first-round (half-hour, two on one), followed by a "super day" at the office (4-5 half-hour interviews plus lunch which is meant for you to relax and get to know other analysts better). Very different from a managing consulting interview - no lengthy cases, but they want to see how you think.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions, research experience, handling data, situational mini-cases.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Analysis Group

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied via employee referral. Emailed HR with resume, cover letter and transcripts. Within two weeks had two phone interviews, one with senior analyst and the other with an associate. First phone interview asked about research experience and why consulting. Second phone interview focused more in-depth on one research project. Less than a week later invited for on-site interview, and requested to bring two letters of reference. Had 4x30 min interviews - all behavioral questions and focused on research projects.

Interview Questions

• if you changed one parameter in your model, how would that change your conclusion?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

One to two weeks after I submit the resume and cover letter online I got a one to one in person interview on campus. I didn't get a phone interview. The interview is not hard, it went like 15 minutes. It's just regular questions, no case study.

Interview Questions

• What do you think an analyst do in AG?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

This was a on-campus interview at University of Toronto. I was asked basic, non-technical questions such as "what's your strengths", etc. and was given a chance to ask my questions. Unfortunately they don't hire people who needs visa support, and I was later recommended to direct my application to their local office in the country I come from.

Interview Questions

• There weren't many difficult questions, all questions are non-technical   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Analysis Group in February 2015.

Interview

Overall took more than 3 months. Two phone interviews. One with senior analyst and the other with a current associate. Regular behavioral questions, not particularly difficult as remembered. Both interviewers asked about work experience which was detailed oriented. The next step would be onsite.

Interview Questions

• Lead me through one of your research projects. Follow-up questions related to the previous one.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

Had an on campus interview with two senior analysts. They asked mostly for related questions. Focused on my background, work experience and quantitative skills. Really liked the analysts. More of a laid back interview compared to other consulting firms. Second round was at the office. Interviewed with two more analysts as well as 4 managers/VPs/Partners. They take you out for a nice lunch with two other analysts. A couple of these interviews had case like questions but still mostly fit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group in January 2015.

Interview

first resume drop, followed by phone interview, then followed by superday. Interviews with various analysts and senior analysts and a manager. I accidentally dropped that my internship experience was at a more reputable firm than theirs (in terms of competency, at least in my experience) and I think that was the reason for the ding.

Interview Questions

• General questions as listed on here that about a time that you had some analysis and walking them through it.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

Applied through campus recruitment and heard back in a week. First round was a phone interview with behavioral questions. Then, within a week went to Boston for an in-house interview. There were 5-30 minute behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to talk in depth about any prior research you have done, answer detailed questions about the data set you used, and explains any methods you used. Similar questions were asked in each interview.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

AG came to our campus for on-campus interview, which was all fit questions like why economic consulting and why AG. Then a week later, got invited to a super day in the boston office. There were 5 back to back interviews, which were all fit and behavioral. Just be prepared to discuss your resume in details, your past teamwork and project experience. They do emphasize a lot on whether candidates will be a good fit into the company's culture.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate because the offer is already one of the best among economic consulting firms.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group in November 2014.

Interview

Started with on campus interviews, and then moved to final round interview at office. Final round was very nice -- had a tour of the office, had a written case (30 min paper with data, 30 min discussion) and then another case (in person, 30 min), and the rest were fit interviews (30 min x 3 or 4). Was able to hear a lot about the work that the analysts, associates and partners were doing there. Very welcoming!