Analysis Group

Average Difficulty
66 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details – Behavioral and technical questions, interests in economic consulting, questions about previous work experience and academic research, no formal case interviews, went through on-campus recruiting and then full day of interviews onsite, heard back on the same day regarding offer, no online assessment or presentation, process was fairly quick and streamlined

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – I had an employee referral and was initially contacted for a phone interview. A day later, I was contacted for an in person interview. We had lunch with a group of employees and interviewees, followed by a series of interviews.

Interview Question – I received a test for detail-orientation, essentially looking over a briefing for errors.   View Answer

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details – Standard interview process: hour phone interview then a half day of interviews at the office.

Phone interview: essentially a walk through of your education and work experience. They also described their work and office.

In person: Meeting with a series of seniors plus a case study. Generally difficult questions more focused on critical thinking and recalling details of previous analyses you've done. Smaller amount of getting-to-know-you type questions. Case study in excel.

Interview Question – Describe how you would estimate the cost of replacing a nationwide pipe system.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The offer was generous and the office was nice, but the atmosphere felt less collegial/laid back than I like.

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Analysis Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – On campus interview

Interview Question – If you had a million dollars what would you do with it?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Analysis Group

Interview Details – Was recruited on-campus. First round interview was standard informational interview with additional qualitative case interviews. Second interview was at the office in a 9am-2pm deal. You speak with many people in the office ranging from groups of analysts to single vice-presidents and associates. Overall was a very agreeable recruitment process.

Interview Question – What do you know about reverse settlement litigation and how to economically evaluate it?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details – 5 interviews with varying levels of staff; fairly easy overall, no case or brain teaser questions

Interview Question – Lots of questions about academic work/thesis   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details – First round over the phone, second round in person with 5 different interviewers for 3 hours

Interview Question – Explain ordinary least squares.   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details – Attended my first interview with them at a career fair, then was invited for a final round interview with 5 employees in their Boston office. Each asked me the same questions: questions related to my previous research projects, team work experience, and plans for the future (Were they checking me for consistency?) The campus recruiting coordinator, who was one of the interviewers, did not really want to talk to me, which I found a little rude. She was supposed to spend with me half an hour but she was done with me in 6 minutes. One of her questions revealed to me that she had not looked at my resume before sitting down to speak with me.

Interview Question – Is there anything that you think your resume does not communicate? Describe a situation when you were completely overwhelmed.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details – 2 rounds: first round on-campus (30 minutes); second round in-office (half day)
Mix of behavioral and technical questions: past research projects, data/statistical package experience, working in teams, problem-solving skills
2nd round consisted of interviews with associates/managers, and lunch with analysts
There was also a short "case study" where you work through an Excel file independently and then discuss it (much less formal/structured than management consulting case interviews)

Interview Question – Excel case study   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details – Very technical questions based on my research experience

Interview Question – Why do you use this method instead of that one?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Analysis Group

Worked for Analysis Group? Contribute to the Community!

Analysis Group – Why Work for Us?

Since 1981, Analysis Group has provided outstanding client service to North America’s top law firms, Fortune 100 companies, and government agencies. Our work is grounded in the principles and practices of economic… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Analysis Group Analyst interview questions and advice. All 66 interview reviews posted anonymously by Analysis Group employees and interview candidates.