Analysis Group

Updated Dec 12, 2014
Updated Dec 12, 2014

91 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group.

AG came to our campus for on-campus interview, which was all fit questions like why economic consulting and why AG. Then a week later, got invited to a super day in the boston office. There were 5 back to back interviews, which were all fit and behavioral. Just be prepared to discuss your resume in details, your past teamwork and project experience. They do emphasize a lot on whether candidates will be a good fit into the company's culture.

Interview Questions
Did not negotiate because the offer is already one of the best among economic consulting firms.

Other Interview Reviews for Analysis Group

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group in November 2014.

Started with on campus interviews, and then moved to final round interview at office. Final round was very nice -- had a tour of the office, had a written case (30 min paper with data, 30 min discussion) and then another case (in person, 30 min), and the rest were fit interviews (30 min x 3 or 4). Was able to hear a lot about the work that the analysts, associates and partners were doing there. Very welcoming!

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group.

Consisted of one 30 min on campus interview and a final round of 3 40 min interviews with managers and senior analysts. The interview experience was very straightforward and positive.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group.

I interviewed through on-campus recruiting. I did not think the interview went extremely well, but I think I was able to express my research and interest in economic research well. The in-house interview was 5 one-on-one interviews. Each focused on a specific quality from teamwork to research. There was also an informal lunch with some employees and other interviewees.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standard behavioral ones. Similar to the first round.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Analysis Group.

The first round was a phone interview with an Senior Analyst. Took ~1 hour and was mostly behavioural questions focused on prior research experience.

The next and final round was 5 x 30min interviews at the office I was applying for (Boston) with Senior Analysts and Managers. Again, it was mostly behavioural questions focused on prior research experience. I was rather disappointed to not have any case interview questions because those are fun. As my interviewers did not co-ordinate amongst each other and seemed fairly new to the process, they all asked essentially the same questions: Discuss my prior research experiences followed by a question on any teamwork-related challenges I've encountered.

Analyst Interview

I applied online after I talked to a representative at the career fair at my University. I just finished the phone interview. Interviewer told me I'd be contacted within 2 weeks for next steps.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an instance in which you had to be a leader and how did you do it.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Analysis Group.

Phone interview, nothing really difficult, my interviewer was nice. Went into details in my past research experience. General behavioral questions like tell me about your role in a team, tell me about a time that you did xyz... Just be prepared to tell stories about your resume.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group in October 2014.

Applied through university career center. Received an email about 2 weeks later for a first-round interview at the career center. Had interview with an Analyst and Associate at once. They had no case interview and focused solely on my past research experience. As others have said, make sure to know the methodologies and conclusions of past research projects.

Interview Questions
    • What impact did the conclusions of your research have on the field?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group in October 2014.

Applied through University recruitment process - took one week (still in process). Interview was very conversational. I was expecting questions about my research experience, but it was mostly about my skills and how I've applied them. Basic short case about financials.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your resume, tell me about your experience in excel.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Applied through campus. Had on-campus interview with two members from the group. Asked about my interest with AG and consulting. Focus on technical experience. I was called back for a second round where there were 5 interviews and a lunch prior. Each interview was behavioral and they have specific questions they will ask. One was a general overview, another was focused on work, another on school projects. Overall it was a great experience and the company is great. The culture is laid back and everyone is willing to help each other. The "team" culture is definitely stressed.

Interview Questions
    • There were no cases, just know any past projects that you have done. Specifically quantitative.   Answer Question