Analysis Group Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 20, 2014
71 interviews

71 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group in July 2014.

The entire process took roughly one month. I applied online but had a referral, which might have expedited the process somewhat. I had a 30 minute behavioral phone interview, in which I was asked to discuss my interests in the EC industry and Analysis Group in particular. I then interviewed in person with five people, including HR, analysts and managers. Overall, it was a very positive experience. No case questions. We had thoughtful discussions about my previous research, academic experience and future plans -- I never got the impression that I should be intimidated. Know your resume well. If you come from a research background, be sure to know your previous work exceptionally well, as you will likely be asked about methodology/assumptions. I didn't receive an offer, but was impressed by the people I interviewed with and will consider applying again in the future.

Interview Questions
  • Questions about research, methodology and assumptions. I was interviewed on these topics with people who had some experience relevant to my research.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Analysis Group

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group in August 2014.

Applied online and was routed to the Boston office. First round was a phone screening with a senior analyst- asked about research experience and basic resume questions.

Invited Boston office for 5 one on one interviews with senior analysts, managers, and recruiter manager. Stressed leadership and quantitative work. Be sure to know your research projects as they will ask a lot of questions. One case questions about detecting outliers using daily data. basic to intermediate statistical and econometric knowledge helps.

Could not relocate to Boston

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Analysis Group in October 2010.

I had a first-round interview at a hotel in NYC (where numerous companies held 1st interviews), and got a call back about 2 weeks later. They flew me down to NYC for a day that had 3 main interviews - a 'fit' interview (personality), technical interview (quant questions), and a case. The case was nothing like the stereotypical case interview; it focused on what analysts do at the company. There was a short write-up and some charts/data tables, and I was asked to comment on what inconsistencies or themes stood out, and how I would fix the problems.

Interview Questions
    • After telling the technical interviewer that I took a game theory class, I was asked a number of game theory problems that sounded like they came straight from a textbook, and they were very difficult.   Answer Question
    I negotiated based on another offer I got from a competitor, but AG stood firm on their offer.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Straightforward. Applied through campus recruiting, had a 1st round interview with two alumni that worked at AG. Was invited to a 2nd round interview at the office, where I spoke with 5 different people who each held different positions in the company. Overall it was a great experience. I didn't get an offer (my interviews went well, but remember it's always who you're up against and partly luck) but I would consider applying again if the opportunity arises. Great people, great company. I love how they don't have case questions like many of the other big EC firms do. One's ability to solve a case question is very weakly related to one's ability to work in litigation consulting or do HEOR.

Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group.

There was the usual cover letter+resume in order to get the phone interview. After that I was flown out to interview in person. The day interview consisted of 7 or so 30 minute interviews from various people in the firm. Each was pretty similar to the phone interview and mainly consisted of asking about past econometric projects and then being grilled on possible methodological hurdles and how to handle them

Interview Questions
    • They would go into great detail on the methodology of your past research. Be sure to have all the details fresh in your mind   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Behavioral and technical questions, interests in economic consulting, questions about previous work experience and academic research, no formal case interviews, went through on-campus recruiting and then full day of interviews onsite, heard back on the same day regarding offer, no online assessment or presentation, process was fairly quick and streamlined

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group in November 2012.

I had an employee referral and was initially contacted for a phone interview. A day later, I was contacted for an in person interview. We had lunch with a group of employees and interviewees, followed by a series of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • I received a test for detail-orientation, essentially looking over a briefing for errors.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Standard interview process: hour phone interview then a half day of interviews at the office.

Phone interview: essentially a walk through of your education and work experience. They also described their work and office.

In person: Meeting with a series of seniors plus a case study. Generally difficult questions more focused on critical thinking and recalling details of previous analyses you've done. Smaller amount of getting-to-know-you type questions. Case study in excel.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would estimate the cost of replacing a nationwide pipe system.   Answer Question

The offer was generous and the office was nice, but the atmosphere felt less collegial/laid back than I like.

Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Analysis Group in October 2013.

On campus interview

Interview Questions
    • If you had a million dollars what would you do with it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Was recruited on-campus. First round interview was standard informational interview with additional qualitative case interviews. Second interview was at the office in a 9am-2pm deal. You speak with many people in the office ranging from groups of analysts to single vice-presidents and associates. Overall was a very agreeable recruitment process.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about reverse settlement litigation and how to economically evaluate it?   Answer Question

Worked for Analysis Group? Contribute to the Community!