Analysis Group Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2015
Updated Feb 20, 2015

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group.

One to two weeks after I submit the resume and cover letter online I got a one to one in person interview on campus. I didn't get a phone interview. The interview is not hard, it went like 15 minutes. It's just regular questions, no case study.

Interview Questions
  • What do you think an analyst do in AG?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Analysis Group

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Analysis Group.

This was a on-campus interview at University of Toronto. I was asked basic, non-technical questions such as "what's your strengths", etc. and was given a chance to ask my questions. Unfortunately they don't hire people who needs visa support, and I was later recommended to direct my application to their local office in the country I come from.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't many difficult questions, all questions are non-technical   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group.

Had an on campus interview with two senior analysts. They asked mostly for related questions. Focused on my background, work experience and quantitative skills. Really liked the analysts. More of a laid back interview compared to other consulting firms.

Second round was at the office. Interviewed with two more analysts as well as 4 managers/VPs/Partners. They take you out for a nice lunch with two other analysts. A couple of these interviews had case like questions but still mostly fit.

Did not negotiate.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group in January 2015.

first resume drop, followed by phone interview, then followed by superday. Interviews with various analysts and senior analysts and a manager. I accidentally dropped that my internship experience was at a more reputable firm than theirs (in terms of competency, at least in my experience) and I think that was the reason for the ding.

Interview Questions
    • General questions as listed on here that about a time that you had some analysis and walking them through it.   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group.

Applied through campus recruitment and heard back in a week. First round was a phone interview with behavioral questions. Then, within a week went to Boston for an in-house interview. There were 5-30 minute behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to talk in depth about any prior research you have done, answer detailed questions about the data set you used, and explains any methods you used. Similar questions were asked in each interview.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group.

AG came to our campus for on-campus interview, which was all fit questions like why economic consulting and why AG. Then a week later, got invited to a super day in the boston office. There were 5 back to back interviews, which were all fit and behavioral. Just be prepared to discuss your resume in details, your past teamwork and project experience. They do emphasize a lot on whether candidates will be a good fit into the company's culture.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate because the offer is already one of the best among economic consulting firms.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group in November 2014.

Started with on campus interviews, and then moved to final round interview at office. Final round was very nice -- had a tour of the office, had a written case (30 min paper with data, 30 min discussion) and then another case (in person, 30 min), and the rest were fit interviews (30 min x 3 or 4). Was able to hear a lot about the work that the analysts, associates and partners were doing there. Very welcoming!

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group.

Consisted of one 30 min on campus interview and a final round of 3 40 min interviews with managers and senior analysts. The interview experience was very straightforward and positive.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group.

I interviewed through on-campus recruiting. I did not think the interview went extremely well, but I think I was able to express my research and interest in economic research well. The in-house interview was 5 one-on-one interviews. Each focused on a specific quality from teamwork to research. There was also an informal lunch with some employees and other interviewees.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standard behavioral ones. Similar to the first round.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Analysis Group.

The first round was a phone interview with an Senior Analyst. Took ~1 hour and was mostly behavioural questions focused on prior research experience.

The next and final round was 5 x 30min interviews at the office I was applying for (Boston) with Senior Analysts and Managers. Again, it was mostly behavioural questions focused on prior research experience. I was rather disappointed to not have any case interview questions because those are fun. As my interviewers did not co-ordinate amongst each other and seemed fairly new to the process, they all asked essentially the same questions: Discuss my prior research experiences followed by a question on any teamwork-related challenges I've encountered.