Analysis Group

Average Difficulty
70 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group in August 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and was routed to the Boston office. First round was a phone screening with a senior analyst- asked about research experience and basic resume questions.

Invited Boston office for 5 one on one interviews with senior analysts, managers, and recruiter manager. Stressed leadership and quantitative work. Be sure to know your research projects as they will ask a lot of questions. One case questions about detecting outliers using daily data. basic to intermediate statistical and econometric knowledge helps.

Interview Question – Wasn't aware I was getting a case question   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Could not relocate to Boston

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Analysis Group in October 2010.

Interview Details – I had a first-round interview at a hotel in NYC (where numerous companies held 1st interviews), and got a call back about 2 weeks later. They flew me down to NYC for a day that had 3 main interviews - a 'fit' interview (personality), technical interview (quant questions), and a case. The case was nothing like the stereotypical case interview; it focused on what analysts do at the company. There was a short write-up and some charts/data tables, and I was asked to comment on what inconsistencies or themes stood out, and how I would fix the problems.

Interview Question – After telling the technical interviewer that I took a game theory class, I was asked a number of game theory problems that sounded like they came straight from a textbook, and they were very difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated based on another offer I got from a competitor, but AG stood firm on their offer.

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details – Straightforward. Applied through campus recruiting, had a 1st round interview with two alumni that worked at AG. Was invited to a 2nd round interview at the office, where I spoke with 5 different people who each held different positions in the company. Overall it was a great experience. I didn't get an offer (my interviews went well, but remember it's always who you're up against and partly luck) but I would consider applying again if the opportunity arises. Great people, great company. I love how they don't have case questions like many of the other big EC firms do. One's ability to solve a case question is very weakly related to one's ability to work in litigation consulting or do HEOR.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details – There was the usual cover letter+resume in order to get the phone interview. After that I was flown out to interview in person. The day interview consisted of 7 or so 30 minute interviews from various people in the firm. Each was pretty similar to the phone interview and mainly consisted of asking about past econometric projects and then being grilled on possible methodological hurdles and how to handle them

Interview Question – They would go into great detail on the methodology of your past research. Be sure to have all the details fresh in your mind   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details – Behavioral and technical questions, interests in economic consulting, questions about previous work experience and academic research, no formal case interviews, went through on-campus recruiting and then full day of interviews onsite, heard back on the same day regarding offer, no online assessment or presentation, process was fairly quick and streamlined

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – I had an employee referral and was initially contacted for a phone interview. A day later, I was contacted for an in person interview. We had lunch with a group of employees and interviewees, followed by a series of interviews.

Interview Question – I received a test for detail-orientation, essentially looking over a briefing for errors.   View Answer

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details – Standard interview process: hour phone interview then a half day of interviews at the office.

Phone interview: essentially a walk through of your education and work experience. They also described their work and office.

In person: Meeting with a series of seniors plus a case study. Generally difficult questions more focused on critical thinking and recalling details of previous analyses you've done. Smaller amount of getting-to-know-you type questions. Case study in excel.

Interview Question – Describe how you would estimate the cost of replacing a nationwide pipe system.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The offer was generous and the office was nice, but the atmosphere felt less collegial/laid back than I like.

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Analysis Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – On campus interview

Interview Question – If you had a million dollars what would you do with it?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Analysis Group

Interview Details – Was recruited on-campus. First round interview was standard informational interview with additional qualitative case interviews. Second interview was at the office in a 9am-2pm deal. You speak with many people in the office ranging from groups of analysts to single vice-presidents and associates. Overall was a very agreeable recruitment process.

Interview Question – What do you know about reverse settlement litigation and how to economically evaluate it?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

Interview Details – 5 interviews with varying levels of staff; fairly easy overall, no case or brain teaser questions

Interview Question – Lots of questions about academic work/thesis   Answer Question

Worked for Analysis Group? Contribute to the Community!