Analysis Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Associate/Economist Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Analysis Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – Took them a year and a half to interview me. They scheduled one and then said "our needs changed" and canceled it. Then they tried to schedule again and eventually, a year later had this 30 minute interview. Generic reject...no difficult or interesting questions. It almost seemed like they were interviewing for strictly legal reasons.

I even had to email them back to get a generic cut and pasted response of "no." They were overall very disorganized and forgetful.

Interview Question – It was just "talk through your CV" and "here is what we do" - nothing special.   Answer Question

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Analysis Group in March 2014.

Interview Details – I had one appointment at their Boston office. It was a fairly straightforward interview, and the hiring manager and team member were very professional, yet warm and friendly. Despite not being offered a position in the hiring manager's team, I felt the interview was more than fair, and that it was very objective. On the other hand, the representative from outside the hiring manager's team, was unpleasant (strange given that I wasn't even interviewing to work with them). At the end of the interview, two of their other employees both voluntarily offered to validate my parking, which was a nice surprise! Unfortunately, I parked at another parking garage, which they couldn't validate (so, don't do that!). They told me I could get it reimbursed by emailing my receipt to the main PoC. When they said that, I should've known just to leave it alone. Long story short, they never even bothered responding to my email, even though I was polite and thanked them for their time. I felt that was very rude. However, as with any company, there's always one person who poorly represents it, so I won't hold that one person's attitude as typical of the whole organization.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions. The typical interview questions were asked, including "why are you interested in this position?" and "why are you looking to leave your current position?". The hiring manager asked reasonable questions related to skills and concepts.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group in January 2014.

Interview Details – Half hour phone interview followed by half day of interviews at Boston office. All interviews were behavioral and pretty relaxed. Many in-depth questions about data analysis experience, but nothing too technical. The interview process was very fast, I was offered a phone interview within a few days of submitting my application, and invited for a second round the day after my phone interview. However, didn't hear back for about three weeks after the second round. Interviewers were friendly; there were no really tricky questions.

Interview Question – How could you have improved your analysis of XYZ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group in January 2014.

Interview Details – First round phone interview which was heavily based on previous quantitative experience. Second round is the super day - four behavioral interviews at the office. Similar to first round so make sure you know your econometrics/regression projects!

Interview Question – What makes you intellectually curious?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details – 5 interviews with varying levels of staff; fairly easy overall, no case or brain teaser questions

Interview Question – Lots of questions about academic work/thesis   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details – First round over the phone, second round in person with 5 different interviewers for 3 hours

Interview Question – Explain ordinary least squares.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details – I applied through on-campus recruiting. I was invited to an interview after submitting my resume and cover letter. The interview was with two employees of Analysis Group who asked me basic behavioral questions. This part was normal and they were very friendly. What they really want to know, however, is what economic research you have done. I believe this is the deal-breaker; if you don't have any experience in economic analysis the job isn't right for you. This was my case.

Interview Question – Be specific about a time you had to do analysis - explain the methods you used, the numbers, etc.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details – They gave me three rounds of interview, two phone screenings and one in-house. The phone interviews are basically behavior-based questions, conducted by an analyst in the first round and a manager in the second round. The in-house interview is in Boston, six back-to-back 30-min conversations with two analysts, two associates and two president-level. Despite of the basic behavior-based questions, which are almost the same as the phone screening, they went much deeper into the details of my research projects. And some techinical questions about econometrics are also included. Generally people are friendly and nice.

Interview Question – The questions about econometrics came unexpected and I did not handle well on spot. Those questions are not impossible to answer, but really test your understanding of basic econometric concepts. It seems that they gave questions based on what you did in your research.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Analysis Group in March 2011.

Interview Details – They sit you down for lunch with all the other applicants and people in similar positions. It is more of a conversation - with you asking the current analysts questions. Then you meet with four or five people who ask you "fit" questions. How you like to work, what interests you, etc.

Interview Question – When I met with one of the partners he grilled me on my thesis. It was intense - asking a lot of questions that none of my professors ever asked.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group in October 2012.

Interview Details – First had a phone interview that was very skills and background based. Asked about previous economic consulting experience, to go into detail regarding studies you conducted or tests you ran. Very quantitative.

Second was five 1 on 1 interviews back to back, mostly about fit and culture at the firm.

Interview Question – Explain multivariate regression to a 5 year old.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Analysis Group? Contribute to the Community!

Analysis Group – Why Work for Us?

Since 1981, Analysis Group has provided outstanding client service to North America’s top law firms, Fortune 100 companies, and government agencies. Our work is grounded in the principles and practices of economic… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Analysis Group interview questions and advice in Boston, MA. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by Analysis Group employees and interview candidates.