Analysis Group

Average Difficulty
104 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details – There was the usual cover letter+resume in order to get the phone interview. After that I was flown out to interview in person. The day interview consisted of 7 or so 30 minute interviews from various people in the firm. Each was pretty similar to the phone interview and mainly consisted of asking about past econometric projects and then being grilled on possible methodological hurdles and how to handle them

Interview Question – They would go into great detail on the methodology of your past research. Be sure to have all the details fresh in your mind   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group in March 2014.

Interview Details – they are very efficient, first round results came back the same day. second round all about previous projects, and communication skills. They are really smart and interactive on asking questions, it's important to answer all sorts of questions about your own projects.

Interview Question – nothing really unexpected.   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Analysis Group in January 2014.

Interview Details – First I had a 30 minute phone interview with a Senior Analyst and then another 30 minute phone interview with a Manager. Two weeks later I went to their office for six one on one in-person interviews that each lasted about 30 minutes. Finally, I had lunch with some of the staff at their office.

Interview Question – Explain the mixed effects model you used for your research.   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details – Behavioral and technical questions, interests in economic consulting, questions about previous work experience and academic research, no formal case interviews, went through on-campus recruiting and then full day of interviews onsite, heard back on the same day regarding offer, no online assessment or presentation, process was fairly quick and streamlined

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – I had an employee referral and was initially contacted for a phone interview. A day later, I was contacted for an in person interview. We had lunch with a group of employees and interviewees, followed by a series of interviews.

Interview Question – I received a test for detail-orientation, essentially looking over a briefing for errors.   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details – The recruiting process will be faster if you are referred by someone or through on-campus recruiting. The phone interview is not bad--be sure to know your resume well. They will ask very specific technical questions during the on-site interview. There is no typical consulting case interview if you apply for the Healthcare Analyst position.

Interview Question – Various model assumptions   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group in April 2014.

Interview Details – Two rounds of phone interviews. They will call to schedule first. The process is normal, no weird questions. They did a good job at being interested at your research work. Also they seem to know your CV and cover letter very clearly, so prepare well according to your CV and cover letter.

Interview Question – They asked why I would like to work here, but I think it is reasonable and not very hard.   View Answer

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details – Standard interview process: hour phone interview then a half day of interviews at the office.

Phone interview: essentially a walk through of your education and work experience. They also described their work and office.

In person: Meeting with a series of seniors plus a case study. Generally difficult questions more focused on critical thinking and recalling details of previous analyses you've done. Smaller amount of getting-to-know-you type questions. Case study in excel.

Interview Question – Describe how you would estimate the cost of replacing a nationwide pipe system.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The offer was generous and the office was nice, but the atmosphere felt less collegial/laid back than I like.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Analysis Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Interview

Interview Question – The questions were not tough. Very similar to the questions available online.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Associate/Economist Interview

Associate/Economist
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Analysis Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – Took them a year and a half to interview me. They scheduled one and then said "our needs changed" and canceled it. Then they tried to schedule again and eventually, a year later had this 30 minute interview. Generic reject...no difficult or interesting questions. It almost seemed like they were interviewing for strictly legal reasons.

I even had to email them back to get a generic cut and pasted response of "no." They were overall very disorganized and forgetful.

Interview Question – It was just "talk through your CV" and "here is what we do" - nothing special.   Answer Question

Worked for Analysis Group? Contribute to the Community!