Analysis Group

Analysis Group Interview Questions

Updated Dec 30, 2014
Updated Dec 30, 2014

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group.

Applied through college. On campus interview. One HR and one consultant were interviewers. They asked both technical and behavioral questions. Most of the questions are interesting. But it can be very technical when it comes to my research, which I did not prepare for at all. I guess there will be another round of interview after this onsite interview.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group.

Invited to do a 30-minute face-to-face interview. There were 6 interviewers. 2 of them asked me questions related to my background and interests. There are basic questions. I feel that they were looking for people passionate about working in a consulting firm, which I did not show.

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group in January 2014.

Campus recruiting, phone interview, on site interview (5 one on one). The process is fast, usually you are expected to hear back within 1 week for each step. New York office is nice.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group.

Applied through campus recruitment and heard back in a week. First round was a phone interview with behavioral questions. Then, within a week went to Boston for an in-house interview. There were 5-30 minute behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to talk in depth about any prior research you have done, answer detailed questions about the data set you used, and explains any methods you used. Similar questions were asked in each interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Analysis Group in October 2014.

First round interview on campus with two current employees. Very casual. Asked about research experience, why I chose my school and major, job experience. No case. I had previous experience in HR consulting so they were curious as to why I wanted to do economic consulting. Asked about thesis work, what types of data analysis programs I had experience with etc.

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Phone interview, then in-house interview. Interviewed by analyst, associate, two managers, and a partner for thirty min each. Will go through your research experience in detail, make sure you know your dataset well. Very nice people. If you use research techniques, make sure you know exactly how it works, and why you used it.

Interview Questions
    • If I asked your colleagues what your biggest area of improvement is, what would it be?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group.

AG came to our campus for on-campus interview, which was all fit questions like why economic consulting and why AG. Then a week later, got invited to a super day in the boston office. There were 5 back to back interviews, which were all fit and behavioral. Just be prepared to discuss your resume in details, your past teamwork and project experience. They do emphasize a lot on whether candidates will be a good fit into the company's culture.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate because the offer is already one of the best among economic consulting firms.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group in February 2014.

There was a 60 minute first round interview over the phone. The first round interview was led by 2 analysts that worked in the SF office for the last 2 years. The call started with a brief description of my resume then the interviewers drilled down into past experiences. They asked questions pertaining to specific points in my resume to make sure that I knew about everything that presented on my resume. They grilled me on my excel skills to explain my knowledge of specific functions that I mentioned in my resume. I proceeded to final interview and was flown up to SF (black car service included) to interview for a position in their SF/MP office. The joint interview introduced me to professionals from both the Menlo Park and SF office. The Super Day consisted of 5 interviews and 1 excel case study, each 30 minutes timed. In the interviews, I met with directors and 1 VP. The excel case study is a very basic model and requires no studying. It felt like a homework assignment you would have in a 300 level finance course. The interviewers tended to circle around questions relating to prior research. I found it pretty difficult because my experience was based in finance/business internships. They grilled me on econometrics terms that stem from running linear regressions. I felt like I was presenting my prior research to a panel of scientists throughout the interviews. AG is heavy on quantitative research so the more you prepare research examples for interview questions, the better you will do. After all the interviews, I went out to a private lunch with 2 analyst in an non-interview setting.

Interview Questions
    • How does a Vlookup statement work? Can you explain a scenario when you would use it?
      What is a Durbin–Watson statistic? How does it work?
      Success is not always about raw intelligence, tell me about a time when you demonstrated pure grit?

Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group in November 2014.

Started with on campus interviews, and then moved to final round interview at office. Final round was very nice -- had a tour of the office, had a written case (30 min paper with data, 30 min discussion) and then another case (in person, 30 min), and the rest were fit interviews (30 min x 3 or 4). Was able to hear a lot about the work that the analysts, associates and partners were doing there. Very welcoming!

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group.

Process took about 4-5 weeks. Applied online through my university and got an interview about a month later. Was interviewed by two employees, one of which was a RA, the other a higher up Director. Both were pretty young (boy and a girl) and the interview was very simple and enjoyable. Mostly behavioral questions, they asked about my previous research experience, then asked if I had any questions. Interview lasted about 25-30 minutes. Did not get a call back to the second round.