Analysis Group Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015

Economic Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group in October 2014.

First round interview on campus was fine. Met with two friendly young analysts who just asked about my background. Then flew out to an interstate office and it was awful. Very unorganized, I even at one stage got interviewed by somebody who thought I was a different candidate. communication was very poor and culture was very dull. I wouldn't waste my time unless very desperate.

Interview Questions
    • all behavioral questions. Nothing technical or probing   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group in January 2015.

first resume drop, followed by phone interview, then followed by superday. Interviews with various analysts and senior analysts and a manager. I accidentally dropped that my internship experience was at a more reputable firm than theirs (in terms of competency, at least in my experience) and I think that was the reason for the ding.

Interview Questions
    • General questions as listed on here that about a time that you had some analysis and walking them through it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group in October 2014.

The interview process was really straightforward. Very similar to other economic consulting firms. First round was on-campus behavioral where two people asked me questions about times I worked with data, my favorite classes or professors, and so on. The final round was about 5 different behavioral interview with a lunch break in between. All the interviews were really straight forward. I only had one small case which only lasted about 15 minutes. Make sure you have good stories about different projects or work that you have done with data analytics. They took about 3 weeks to get back to me when they told me it would only take 1 week. This meant that they were waiting to hear back from an already extended offer to decide whether to offer me. After waiting for a long time and almost getting an offer, I got a super generic rejection email from which was frustrating.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Analysis Group in November 2013.

Applied through college and got a first round interview on campus. It was behavioral based, asked about my resume and regression related studies. No case or technical stuffs asked. It was 2 interviewers and me, and the interviewers were friendly. The interview lasted for 30 mins.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group.

I applied through my college's Career Services Office and had a Skype interview about two weeks after. The interview was mostly behavioral questions, but they also asked me to comment on a recent research project that I had and to demonstrate a skill/capacity that I had obtain with my latest campus job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a research project that you've done. How would you make it better?   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group.

One to two weeks after I submit the resume and cover letter online I got a one to one in person interview on campus. I didn't get a phone interview. The interview is not hard, it went like 15 minutes. It's just regular questions, no case study.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think an analyst do in AG?   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group.

It was a Skype interview with two interviewers. The interview was quite straight forward. They asked a lot about the econometric project I've done. Also asked a lot about the previous internship experience. Similar to the questions you could find here.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Analysis Group.

This was a on-campus interview at University of Toronto. I was asked basic, non-technical questions such as "what's your strengths", etc. and was given a chance to ask my questions. Unfortunately they don't hire people who needs visa support, and I was later recommended to direct my application to their local office in the country I come from.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't many difficult questions, all questions are non-technical   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Appled through website. Interviewed at ASSA annual meetings. Generally talked about research interests and how I see myself fit in. Very smart people, and seem to care a lot about pedigree.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group.

Had an on campus interview with two senior analysts. They asked mostly for related questions. Focused on my background, work experience and quantitative skills. Really liked the analysts. More of a laid back interview compared to other consulting firms.

Second round was at the office. Interviewed with two more analysts as well as 4 managers/VPs/Partners. They take you out for a nice lunch with two other analysts. A couple of these interviews had case like questions but still mostly fit.

Did not negotiate.