Analysis Group

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
102 candidate interviews

Healthcare Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Analysis Group in January 2014.

Interview Details – First I had a 30 minute phone interview with a Senior Analyst and then another 30 minute phone interview with a Manager. Two weeks later I went to their office for six one on one in-person interviews that each lasted about 30 minutes. Finally, I had lunch with some of the staff at their office.

Interview Question – Explain the mixed effects model you used for your research.   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details – Behavioral and technical questions, interests in economic consulting, questions about previous work experience and academic research, no formal case interviews, went through on-campus recruiting and then full day of interviews onsite, heard back on the same day regarding offer, no online assessment or presentation, process was fairly quick and streamlined

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – I had an employee referral and was initially contacted for a phone interview. A day later, I was contacted for an in person interview. We had lunch with a group of employees and interviewees, followed by a series of interviews.

Interview Question – I received a test for detail-orientation, essentially looking over a briefing for errors.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details – The recruiting process will be faster if you are referred by someone or through on-campus recruiting. The phone interview is not bad--be sure to know your resume well. They will ask very specific technical questions during the on-site interview. There is no typical consulting case interview if you apply for the Healthcare Analyst position.

Interview Question – Various model assumptions   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group in April 2014.

Interview Details – Two rounds of phone interviews. They will call to schedule first. The process is normal, no weird questions. They did a good job at being interested at your research work. Also they seem to know your CV and cover letter very clearly, so prepare well according to your CV and cover letter.

Interview Question – They asked why I would like to work here, but I think it is reasonable and not very hard.   View Answer

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details – Standard interview process: hour phone interview then a half day of interviews at the office.

Phone interview: essentially a walk through of your education and work experience. They also described their work and office.

In person: Meeting with a series of seniors plus a case study. Generally difficult questions more focused on critical thinking and recalling details of previous analyses you've done. Smaller amount of getting-to-know-you type questions. Case study in excel.

Interview Question – Describe how you would estimate the cost of replacing a nationwide pipe system.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The offer was generous and the office was nice, but the atmosphere felt less collegial/laid back than I like.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Analysis Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Interview

Interview Question – The questions were not tough. Very similar to the questions available online.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Associate/Economist Interview

Associate/Economist
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Analysis Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – Took them a year and a half to interview me. They scheduled one and then said "our needs changed" and canceled it. Then they tried to schedule again and eventually, a year later had this 30 minute interview. Generic reject...no difficult or interesting questions. It almost seemed like they were interviewing for strictly legal reasons.

I even had to email them back to get a generic cut and pasted response of "no." They were overall very disorganized and forgetful.

Interview Question – It was just "talk through your CV" and "here is what we do" - nothing special.   Answer Question

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Applications Support Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Analysis Group in March 2014.

Interview Details – I had one appointment at their Boston office. It was a fairly straightforward interview, and the hiring manager and team member were very professional, yet warm and friendly. Despite not being offered a position in the hiring manager's team, I felt the interview was more than fair, and that it was very objective. On the other hand, the representative from outside the hiring manager's team, was unpleasant (strange given that I wasn't even interviewing to work with them). At the end of the interview, two of their other employees both voluntarily offered to validate my parking, which was a nice surprise! Unfortunately, I parked at another parking garage, which they couldn't validate (so, don't do that!). They told me I could get it reimbursed by emailing my receipt to the main PoC. When they said that, I should've known just to leave it alone. Long story short, they never even bothered responding to my email, even though I was polite and thanked them for their time. I felt that was very rude. However, as with any company, there's always one person who poorly represents it, so I won't hold that one person's attitude as typical of the whole organization.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions. The typical interview questions were asked, including "why are you interested in this position?" and "why are you looking to leave your current position?". The hiring manager asked reasonable questions related to skills and concepts.   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Analysis Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – On campus interview

Interview Question – If you had a million dollars what would you do with it?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Analysis Group

Worked for Analysis Group? Contribute to the Community!

Analysis Group – Why Work for Us?

Since 1981, Analysis Group has provided outstanding client service to North America’s top law firms, Fortune 100 companies, and government agencies. Our work is grounded in the principles and practices of economic… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Analysis Group interview questions and advice. All 102 interview reviews posted anonymously by Analysis Group employees and interview candidates.