Analysis Group

Analysis Group Interview Questions

Updated Nov 18, 2014
Updated Nov 18, 2014

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group.

Process took about 4-5 weeks. Applied online through my university and got an interview about a month later. Was interviewed by two employees, one of which was a RA, the other a higher up Director. Both were pretty young (boy and a girl) and the interview was very simple and enjoyable. Mostly behavioral questions, they asked about my previous research experience, then asked if I had any questions. Interview lasted about 25-30 minutes. Did not get a call back to the second round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group in October 2014.

Applied through on-campus recruiting. Conducted the first-round interview on campus (2:1), and then received an on-site interview invitation a week later. The second-round consisted of five 1:1 interviews with AG employees at different levels. The main focus of each interview differs slightly but mostly the same content: research and behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • No brain teasers or cases. If you know your research well and constantly reflect on your past experiences, then the questions won't be difficult. They can be pretty interesting actually.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Analysis Group in May 2012.

The interview process was somewhat lengthy. I submitted my resume and cover letter and received a phone call requesting a phone interview about 5 weeks later. From there, they scheduled an in-person interview shortly thereafter. While the job was in San Francisco, I was in Los Angeles at the time so the firm paid my way to San Francisco including nice car service from SFO. The employees seemed happy with their jobs and I was overall impressed with the caliber of staffing in the office.

Interview Questions
    • Out of the box, creative thinking question that asked how you would price an intangible good: how would you price teleportation?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group in October 2014.

first round on campus. I think they are looking for people that really have econ research experience. Not in other areas

Research Analyst Interview

Through a conference. Get contacted directly by a manager. Set up a time in a week. Get an initial phone interview. Two questions. Tell me about your research. Why choose Analysis Group. Also if you have any questions to ask them. Interviewed by a manager and a VP. The manager seems very interested in my research. He even asked a specific question about my research, meaning he really read my job market paper! The VP was much less interested in my research, who did not ask any questions about my research.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Analysis Group in October 2014.

On-campus interview and application process through career services. Nice interviewers, but huge focus on economics and finance. Be prepared to talk in depth about your role in your research and how you can apply that to Analysis Group.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group.

I interviewed through on-campus recruiting. I did not think the interview went extremely well, but I think I was able to express my research and interest in economic research well. The in-house interview was 5 one-on-one interviews. Each focused on a specific quality from teamwork to research. There was also an informal lunch with some employees and other interviewees.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standard behavioral ones. Similar to the first round.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group.

Consisted of one 30 min on campus interview and a final round of 3 40 min interviews with managers and senior analysts. The interview experience was very straightforward and positive.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group in October 2014.

Applied through campus. Had on-campus interview with two members from the group. Asked about my interest with AG and consulting. Focus on technical experience. I was called back for a second round where there were 5 interviews and a lunch prior. Each interview was behavioral and they have specific questions they will ask. One was a general overview, another was focused on work, another on school projects. Overall it was a great experience and the company is great. The culture is laid back and everyone is willing to help each other. The "team" culture is definitely stressed.

Interview Questions
    • There were no cases, just know any past projects that you have done. Specifically quantitative.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Applied through University recruitment process - took one week (still in process). Interview was very conversational. I was expecting questions about my research experience, but it was mostly about my skills and how I've applied them. Basic short case about financials.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your resume, tell me about your experience in excel.   Answer Question