Analysis Group

103 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Analysis Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – On campus interview

Interview Question – If you had a million dollars what would you do with it?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – I saw a posting on my campus's career services website and submitted a resume and cover letter. A week later, I received a phone interview with two analysts. They notified me that I had moved on to the final interview at the end of the week, and the final interviews were two weeks later. It consisted of 6 interviews and a two hour lunch, and I interacted with 10 employees, including the managing principal. The interviews ranged in style, from technical to conversational, but overall I really enjoyed the process.

Interview Question – What Analysis Group does is highly technical, and each member is given unique responsibilities; however, they have developed a system that provides a check on each person's work so that the quality of their work is guaranteed. When have you worked with a group that conducted highly technical work, and how did you manage it? What specific system or methods did you create to manage the technical aspects of the task?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since it was just a summer internship offer, there wasn't much in terms of negotiations - they gave me the standard offer.

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group in January 2014.

Interview Details – Half hour phone interview followed by half day of interviews at Boston office. All interviews were behavioral and pretty relaxed. Many in-depth questions about data analysis experience, but nothing too technical. The interview process was very fast, I was offered a phone interview within a few days of submitting my application, and invited for a second round the day after my phone interview. However, didn't hear back for about three weeks after the second round. Interviewers were friendly; there were no really tricky questions.

Interview Question – How could you have improved your analysis of XYZ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate

Interviewed at Analysis Group

Interview Details – Behavioral questions mostly asked. very straightforward. nothing unexpected. know every line of the resume well and you will be fine. 2 rounds in the first round - 30 minutes each. only downside is no feedback is provided after the interview. did not make it to the second round but was unsure why I wasn't progressed to that level.

Associate (Or Senior Associate) Interview

Associate (Or Senior Associate)
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details – Applied through the job market for economists but my online application did not go through. Contacted recruiter but was already too late for the job market conference. She advised me to resubmit for later consideration. Received a phone call 4 days after the conference to arrange a phone screening interview another four days later. It was a 30 minutes screen where I told them about my research. Two days later I received an invitation for a fly-out to the San Francisco and Menlo Park offices (2 consecutive days). The logistics were perfectly taken care of - I had car service starting from my house in Boston to everywhere, stayed at a beautiful boutique hotel in Menlo Park for 2 days. I wasn't so excited about the interviews although I loved some of the people. The vibe in the Menlo Park environment was much better. People in SF seemed too stressed out and disinterested (but then again they do mostly financial cases whereas my work is mostly healthcare-related).

Interview Question – What is your managing style?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Analysis Group in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied from online job posting and heard back in a few weeks for an in person interview. Interview was conducted with four employees from different Analysis Group offices. They asked a lot of questions regarding my graduate research and then spent time telling me about the type of work that they do at specific offices. Their questions were well thought out and challenging, but they were very friendly.

Interview Question – What do you think is a negative comment or concern you would get about your research after submitting it to a journal?   Answer Question

Billing Coordinator Interview

Billing Coordinator

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group in January 2014.

Interview Details – Very lengthy interview process. Was interviewed over the phone twice and then met with the manager in the office. Was later explained that there is one more interview prior to being notified of their decision. After getting through the general interview questions, the interviewer would ask questions to see how you would fit in with the team. They want to make sure that they hire someone that would fit well with the group.

Interview Question – Nothing overly difficult about interview process. Manager was great in answering questions and provided details about the position.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group in January 2014.

Interview Details – First round phone interview which was heavily based on previous quantitative experience. Second round is the super day - four behavioral interviews at the office. Similar to first round so make sure you know your econometrics/regression projects!

Interview Question – What makes you intellectually curious?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details – apply through university career center. hear back quite quickly. sign up for an in-person interview with two persons from AG. The two persons were from different offices and had different positions in the company. One person led the interview, asked questions on my research experience. Questions are pretty detailed. AG seems to have a friendly working culture and they are open to people who are planning on grad school.

Interview Question – Why do you choose probit regression analysis in your research?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Intern Interview

Summer Analyst Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Analysis Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted a cover letter, resume, and transcript then got an email 3 days later to schedule a 30 minute phone interview. Mostly, the interview talked about my past research experience. Then the next day I got an email for an in office second round. I interview with 4 people, 30 minutes each, back to back. Mostly, behavioral questions, some about my research. Got an offer 4 days later.

Interview Question – Just about my research and team work   Answer Question