Analysis Group

Analysis Group Interview Questions

Updated Nov 18, 2014
Updated Nov 18, 2014

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group in October 2014.

Applied through university career center. Received an email about 2 weeks later for a first-round interview at the career center. Had interview with an Analyst and Associate at once. They had no case interview and focused solely on my past research experience. As others have said, make sure to know the methodologies and conclusions of past research projects.

Interview Questions
    • What impact did the conclusions of your research have on the field?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group in October 2014.

Applied through University recruitment process - took one week (still in process). Interview was very conversational. I was expecting questions about my research experience, but it was mostly about my skills and how I've applied them. Basic short case about financials.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your resume, tell me about your experience in excel.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Applied through campus. Had on-campus interview with two members from the group. Asked about my interest with AG and consulting. Focus on technical experience. I was called back for a second round where there were 5 interviews and a lunch prior. Each interview was behavioral and they have specific questions they will ask. One was a general overview, another was focused on work, another on school projects. Overall it was a great experience and the company is great. The culture is laid back and everyone is willing to help each other. The "team" culture is definitely stressed.

Interview Questions
    • There were no cases, just know any past projects that you have done. Specifically quantitative.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Analysis Group in October 2014.

On-campus interview and application process through career services. Nice interviewers, but huge focus on economics and finance. Be prepared to talk in depth about your role in your research and how you can apply that to Analysis Group.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group in October 2014.

first round on campus. I think they are looking for people that really have econ research experience. Not in other areas

Research Analyst Interview

Phone interview. Standard questions about experience working with data and interest in economic consulting and analysis group. Also asked about favorite classes in general, and economics specifically. Talked through the major points on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • brain teaser (three jars with red marbles, blue marbles and a mix. all of them are mislabeled. how many marbles do you need to pick to know which is which?   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

The process is 1 phone interview and a "super day". The super day was a lunch with analysts and the recruiter along with 4 interviews with varying levels of staff. The types of questions were either behavioral questions or probes into prior research you've done. Be prepared to talk about your research; they will break it down and test to see if you understand it well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Applied through on-campus recruiting. Conducted the first-round interview on campus (2:1), and then received an on-site interview invitation a week later. The second-round consisted of five 1:1 interviews with AG employees at different levels. The main focus of each interview differs slightly but mostly the same content: research and behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • No brain teasers or cases. If you know your research well and constantly reflect on your past experiences, then the questions won't be difficult. They can be pretty interesting actually.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Analysis Group in September 2014.

I was frankly appalled. While it should be an easy conversation about my background, the two female interviews were aloof and detached from the very beginning. For most of the time they simply stared at me without knowing what to ask. WORST interviewers ever seen. I asked them what kind of candidate they are looking for. One said people who study economics, enjoy economics, and do economics research. I found this answer hilarious as I come from a typical math and finance background. Apparently when I walked through my resume they were confused about the stuff I study at school and there were no followups. I just don't understand why they want to interview me in the first place.

Conclusion: show that you love economics in order to nail the interview. My interviewers at least did not care about your finance and mathematics background.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group in September 2014.

I applied through campus career service. There are two interviewers. One of them is an VP, who never laughed or had any facial expression through the whole interview process. The interview was basically just some walk through resume stuff. Be prepared with all your research-related experience, because they can go very deep about that. I heard back in 3 days, and i did not get into the second round interview.