Analysis Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2015
Updated Apr 6, 2015

Interview

Phone interview, then in-house interview. Interviewed by analyst, associate, two managers, and a partner for thirty min each. Will go through your research experience in detail, make sure you know your dataset well. Very nice people. If you use research techniques, make sure you know exactly how it works, and why you used it.

Interview Questions

• If I asked your colleagues what your biggest area of improvement is, what would it be?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

AG came to our campus for on-campus interview, which was all fit questions like why economic consulting and why AG. Then a week later, got invited to a super day in the boston office. There were 5 back to back interviews, which were all fit and behavioral. Just be prepared to discuss your resume in details, your past teamwork and project experience. They do emphasize a lot on whether candidates will be a good fit into the company's culture.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate because the offer is already one of the best among economic consulting firms.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

Process took about 4-5 weeks. Applied online through my university and got an interview about a month later. Was interviewed by two employees, one of which was a RA, the other a higher up Director. Both were pretty young (boy and a girl) and the interview was very simple and enjoyable. Mostly behavioral questions, they asked about my previous research experience, then asked if I had any questions. Interview lasted about 25-30 minutes. Did not get a call back to the second round.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group in November 2014.

Interview

Started with on campus interviews, and then moved to final round interview at office. Final round was very nice -- had a tour of the office, had a written case (30 min paper with data, 30 min discussion) and then another case (in person, 30 min), and the rest were fit interviews (30 min x 3 or 4). Was able to hear a lot about the work that the analysts, associates and partners were doing there. Very welcoming!

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

Through a conference. Get contacted directly by a manager. Set up a time in a week. Get an initial phone interview. Two questions. Tell me about your research. Why choose Analysis Group. Also if you have any questions to ask them. Interviewed by a manager and a VP. The manager seems very interested in my research. He even asked a specific question about my research, meaning he really read my job market paper! The VP was much less interested in my research, who did not ask any questions about my research.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

Consisted of one 30 min on campus interview and a final round of 3 40 min interviews with managers and senior analysts. The interview experience was very straightforward and positive.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

I interviewed through on-campus recruiting. I did not think the interview went extremely well, but I think I was able to express my research and interest in economic research well. The in-house interview was 5 one-on-one interviews. Each focused on a specific quality from teamwork to research. There was also an informal lunch with some employees and other interviewees.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty standard behavioral ones. Similar to the first round.   Answer Question

Interview

Applied online, and got the initial phone interview in a week.

Interview questions were pretty standard. They really care about your relative healthcare experiences and asked a lot of follow up questions on my healthcare projects during internship. Behavioral questions were standard, too.

Interview Questions

• If you could re-do something, what would that be? How would you re-do it?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Interviews were not case-based, instead the interviews delved deep into technical skills. The interview was fairly short (only lasting about 30 minutes), so make sure you only highlight things that are important. If you start rambling, they'll move you along to the next question. The two interviews took place on the phone and involved two people interviewing me each time.

Interview Questions

• If I said that I knew how to use a certain computer program, I was asked to describe how I did so in great detail. So only claim to know things you know really well!   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

I had a phone interview and in person interviews. The turnaround was quick, I heard back the day after my phone interview about flying out for in person interviews the next week. The questions in all rounds were pretty quantitative, focusing on past statistical research experience. They weren't brain teasers or anything, they just required critical thinking about statistical analysis. I had four interviews in person, two with analysts, one with a manager, and one with HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.