Analysis Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2014
Updated Aug 21, 2014

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group in April 2014.

Two rounds of phone interviews. They will call to schedule first. The process is normal, no weird questions. They did a good job at being interested at your research work. Also they seem to know your CV and cover letter very clearly, so prepare well according to your CV and cover letter.

Interview Questions
    • They asked why I would like to work here, but I think it is reasonable and not very hard.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Standard interview process: hour phone interview then a half day of interviews at the office.

Phone interview: essentially a walk through of your education and work experience. They also described their work and office.

In person: Meeting with a series of seniors plus a case study. Generally difficult questions more focused on critical thinking and recalling details of previous analyses you've done. Smaller amount of getting-to-know-you type questions. Case study in excel.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would estimate the cost of replacing a nationwide pipe system.   Answer Question

The offer was generous and the office was nice, but the atmosphere felt less collegial/laid back than I like.

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Analysis Group in November 2013.

Phone Interview

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not tough. Very similar to the questions available online.   Answer Question

Associate/Economist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 12 months - interviewed at Analysis Group in February 2014.

Took them a year and a half to interview me. They scheduled one and then said "our needs changed" and canceled it. Then they tried to schedule again and eventually, a year later had this 30 minute interview. Generic reject...no difficult or interesting questions. It almost seemed like they were interviewing for strictly legal reasons.

I even had to email them back to get a generic cut and pasted response of "no." They were overall very disorganized and forgetful.

Interview Questions
    • It was just "talk through your CV" and "here is what we do" - nothing special.   Answer Question

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Analysis Group in March 2014.

I had one appointment at their Boston office. It was a fairly straightforward interview, and the hiring manager and team member were very professional, yet warm and friendly. Despite not being offered a position in the hiring manager's team, I felt the interview was more than fair, and that it was very objective. On the other hand, the representative from outside the hiring manager's team, was unpleasant (strange given that I wasn't even interviewing to work with them). At the end of the interview, two of their other employees both voluntarily offered to validate my parking, which was a nice surprise! Unfortunately, I parked at another parking garage, which they couldn't validate (so, don't do that!). They told me I could get it reimbursed by emailing my receipt to the main PoC. When they said that, I should've known just to leave it alone. Long story short, they never even bothered responding to my email, even though I was polite and thanked them for their time. I felt that was very rude. However, as with any company, there's always one person who poorly represents it, so I won't hold that one person's attitude as typical of the whole organization.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. The typical interview questions were asked, including "why are you interested in this position?" and "why are you looking to leave your current position?". The hiring manager asked reasonable questions related to skills and concepts.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Analysis Group in October 2013.

On campus interview

Interview Questions
    • If you had a million dollars what would you do with it?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group in February 2014.

I saw a posting on my campus's career services website and submitted a resume and cover letter. A week later, I received a phone interview with two analysts. They notified me that I had moved on to the final interview at the end of the week, and the final interviews were two weeks later. It consisted of 6 interviews and a two hour lunch, and I interacted with 10 employees, including the managing principal. The interviews ranged in style, from technical to conversational, but overall I really enjoyed the process.

Interview Questions
    • What Analysis Group does is highly technical, and each member is given unique responsibilities; however, they have developed a system that provides a check on each person's work so that the quality of their work is guaranteed. When have you worked with a group that conducted highly technical work, and how did you manage it? What specific system or methods did you create to manage the technical aspects of the task?   Answer Question
    Since it was just a summer internship offer, there wasn't much in terms of negotiations - they gave me the standard offer.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group in January 2014.

Half hour phone interview followed by half day of interviews at Boston office. All interviews were behavioral and pretty relaxed. Many in-depth questions about data analysis experience, but nothing too technical. The interview process was very fast, I was offered a phone interview within a few days of submitting my application, and invited for a second round the day after my phone interview. However, didn't hear back for about three weeks after the second round. Interviewers were friendly; there were no really tricky questions.

Did not negotiate.

Summer Associate Interview

Behavioral questions mostly asked. very straightforward. nothing unexpected. know every line of the resume well and you will be fine. 2 rounds in the first round - 30 minutes each. only downside is no feedback is provided after the interview. did not make it to the second round but was unsure why I wasn't progressed to that level.

Associate (Or Senior Associate) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Applied through the job market for economists but my online application did not go through. Contacted recruiter but was already too late for the job market conference. She advised me to resubmit for later consideration. Received a phone call 4 days after the conference to arrange a phone screening interview another four days later. It was a 30 minutes screen where I told them about my research. Two days later I received an invitation for a fly-out to the San Francisco and Menlo Park offices (2 consecutive days). The logistics were perfectly taken care of - I had car service starting from my house in Boston to everywhere, stayed at a beautiful boutique hotel in Menlo Park for 2 days. I wasn't so excited about the interviews although I loved some of the people. The vibe in the Menlo Park environment was much better. People in SF seemed too stressed out and disinterested (but then again they do mostly financial cases whereas my work is mostly healthcare-related).