Analysis Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2015

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Analysis Group in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through University recruitment process - took one week (still in process). Interview was very conversational. I was expecting questions about my research experience, but it was mostly about my skills and how I've applied them. Basic short case about financials.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, tell me about your experience in excel.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Applied through campus. Had on-campus interview with two members from the group. Asked about my interest with AG and consulting. Focus on technical experience. I was called back for a second round where there were 5 interviews and a lunch prior. Each interview was behavioral and they have specific questions they will ask. One was a general overview, another was focused on work, another on school projects. Overall it was a great experience and the company is great. The culture is laid back and everyone is willing to help each other. The "team" culture is definitely stressed.

Interview Questions

• There were no cases, just know any past projects that you have done. Specifically quantitative.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Analysis Group (New Haven, CT) in October 2014.

Interview

On-campus interview and application process through career services. Nice interviewers, but huge focus on economics and finance. Be prepared to talk in depth about your role in your research and how you can apply that to Analysis Group.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

The process is 1 phone interview and a "super day". The super day was a lunch with analysts and the recruiter along with 4 interviews with varying levels of staff. The types of questions were either behavioral questions or probes into prior research you've done. Be prepared to talk about your research; they will break it down and test to see if you understand it well.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Phone interview. Standard questions about experience working with data and interest in economic consulting and analysis group. Also asked about favorite classes in general, and economics specifically. Talked through the major points on my resume.

Interview Questions

• brain teaser (three jars with red marbles, blue marbles and a mix. all of them are mislabeled. how many marbles do you need to pick to know which is which?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was really straightforward. Very similar to other economic consulting firms. First round was on-campus behavioral where two people asked me questions about times I worked with data, my favorite classes or professors, and so on. The final round was about 5 different behavioral interview with a lunch break in between. All the interviews were really straight forward. I only had one small case which only lasted about 15 minutes. Make sure you have good stories about different projects or work that you have done with data analytics. They took about 3 weeks to get back to me when they told me it would only take 1 week. This meant that they were waiting to hear back from an already extended offer to decide whether to offer me. After waiting for a long time and almost getting an offer, I got a super generic rejection email from which was frustrating.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group in October 2014.

Interview

first round on campus. I think they are looking for people that really have econ research experience. Not in other areas

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting. Conducted the first-round interview on campus (2:1), and then received an on-site interview invitation a week later. The second-round consisted of five 1:1 interviews with AG employees at different levels. The main focus of each interview differs slightly but mostly the same content: research and behavioral.

Interview Questions

• No brain teasers or cases. If you know your research well and constantly reflect on your past experiences, then the questions won't be difficult. They can be pretty interesting actually.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

First round interview on campus with two current employees. Very casual. Asked about research experience, why I chose my school and major, job experience. No case. I had previous experience in HR consulting so they were curious as to why I wanted to do economic consulting. Asked about thesis work, what types of data analysis programs I had experience with etc.

Economic Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

First round interview on campus was fine. Met with two friendly young analysts who just asked about my background. Then flew out to an interstate office and it was awful. Very unorganized, I even at one stage got interviewed by somebody who thought I was a different candidate. communication was very poor and culture was very dull. I wouldn't waste my time unless very desperate.

Interview Questions

• all behavioral questions. Nothing technical or probing   Answer Question