Analysis Group

Average Difficulty
103 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details – Where are you from?
What do you have?
Have you ever experienced something like...?
What is your ambition?
...

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Analysis Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview by a senior analyst.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult scenario you have had to deal with in your college career   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details – They gave me three rounds of interview, two phone screenings and one in-house. The phone interviews are basically behavior-based questions, conducted by an analyst in the first round and a manager in the second round. The in-house interview is in Boston, six back-to-back 30-min conversations with two analysts, two associates and two president-level. Despite of the basic behavior-based questions, which are almost the same as the phone screening, they went much deeper into the details of my research projects. And some techinical questions about econometrics are also included. Generally people are friendly and nice.

Interview Question – The questions about econometrics came unexpected and I did not handle well on spot. Those questions are not impossible to answer, but really test your understanding of basic econometric concepts. It seems that they gave questions based on what you did in your research.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Analysis Group in March 2011.

Interview Details – They sit you down for lunch with all the other applicants and people in similar positions. It is more of a conversation - with you asking the current analysts questions. Then you meet with four or five people who ask you "fit" questions. How you like to work, what interests you, etc.

Interview Question – When I met with one of the partners he grilled me on my thesis. It was intense - asking a lot of questions that none of my professors ever asked.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details – Applied online, had a 30-minute phone interview a few days later, and then a 5-hour interview day the following week. I was interviewed by 2 analysts, 2 VPs, and 2 Principals. Most of the interviews were fit and behavioral, and some quick case work. Nothing too unexpected.

Interview Question – There was one case about the market for higher education and rising costs therein.   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details – Friendly conversation but very difficult technical questions

Interview Question – Walk through my resume, explain specific research experience and what quantitative tools used   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

Interviewed at Analysis Group

Interview Details – Two rounds of phone interview. Interviewers are very nice and smart people. Questions are mostly about my research experiences.

Interview Question – Didn't get very tricky questions at all.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group in October 2012.

Interview Details – First had a phone interview that was very skills and background based. Asked about previous economic consulting experience, to go into detail regarding studies you conducted or tests you ran. Very quantitative.

Second was five 1 on 1 interviews back to back, mostly about fit and culture at the firm.

Interview Question – Explain multivariate regression to a 5 year old.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group in July 2009.

Interview Details – Technical related questions, SAS etc

Interview Question – Given a situation and asked to defend the method   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Analysis Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a phone interview from one of the senior analyst. The interview last 23 minutes, she went through my resume in great detail and ask about my experience. Also there are some behavior questions, but no technical questions. After a week they said I'm not a good fit.

Interview Question – Least interest course. I didn't prepare for most of the behavior questions...   Answer Question