Analysis Group

Analysis Group Interview Questions

Updated Nov 11, 2014
Updated Nov 11, 2014

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Analysis Group in January 2014.

Applied from online job posting and heard back in a few weeks for an in person interview. Interview was conducted with four employees from different Analysis Group offices. They asked a lot of questions regarding my graduate research and then spent time telling me about the type of work that they do at specific offices. Their questions were well thought out and challenging, but they were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is a negative comment or concern you would get about your research after submitting it to a journal?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group in January 2014.

Half hour phone interview followed by half day of interviews at Boston office. All interviews were behavioral and pretty relaxed. Many in-depth questions about data analysis experience, but nothing too technical. The interview process was very fast, I was offered a phone interview within a few days of submitting my application, and invited for a second round the day after my phone interview. However, didn't hear back for about three weeks after the second round. Interviewers were friendly; there were no really tricky questions.

Did not negotiate.

Healthcare Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Analysis Group in January 2014.

First I had a 30 minute phone interview with a Senior Analyst and then another 30 minute phone interview with a Manager. Two weeks later I went to their office for six one on one in-person interviews that each lasted about 30 minutes. Finally, I had lunch with some of the staff at their office.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the mixed effects model you used for your research.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I got this interview from an alumni. Basically an emphasis on teamwork and collaboration across diverse areas of expertise

applying quantitative methods to real-world research problems, strong interpersonal and communication skills

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in consulting, Why do you want to work for us. What kind of quantitative project have you been taken on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group.

5 interviews with varying levels of staff; fairly easy overall, no case or brain teaser questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group.

First round over the phone, second round in person with 5 different interviewers for 3 hours

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group.

Attended my first interview with them at a career fair, then was invited for a final round interview with 5 employees in their Boston office. Each asked me the same questions: questions related to my previous research projects, team work experience, and plans for the future (Were they checking me for consistency?) The campus recruiting coordinator, who was one of the interviewers, did not really want to talk to me, which I found a little rude. She was supposed to spend with me half an hour but she was done with me in 6 minutes. One of her questions revealed to me that she had not looked at my resume before sitting down to speak with me.

Interview Questions
    • Is there anything that you think your resume does not communicate? Describe a situation when you were completely overwhelmed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group.

2 rounds: first round on-campus (30 minutes); second round in-office (half day)
    Mix of behavioral and technical questions: past research projects, data/statistical package experience, working in teams, problem-solving skills
    2nd round consisted of interviews with associates/managers, and lunch with analysts
    There was also a short "case study" where you work through an Excel file independently and then discuss it (much less formal/structured than management consulting case interviews)

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Analysis Group in November 2013.

Phone Interview

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not tough. Very similar to the questions available online.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Analysis Group.

Very technical questions based on my research experience