Analysis Group Interview Questions & Reviews in San Francisco, CA

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate (Or Senior Associate) Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Applied through the job market for economists but my online application did not go through. Contacted recruiter but was already too late for the job market conference. She advised me to resubmit for later consideration. Received a phone call 4 days after the conference to arrange a phone screening interview another four days later. It was a 30 minutes screen where I told them about my research. Two days later I received an invitation for a fly-out to the San Francisco and Menlo Park offices (2 consecutive days). The logistics were perfectly taken care of - I had car service starting from my house in Boston to everywhere, stayed at a beautiful boutique hotel in Menlo Park for 2 days. I wasn't so excited about the interviews although I loved some of the people. The vibe in the Menlo Park environment was much better. People in SF seemed too stressed out and disinterested (but then again they do mostly financial cases whereas my work is mostly healthcare-related).

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group.

2 rounds: first round on-campus (30 minutes); second round in-office (half day)
    Mix of behavioral and technical questions: past research projects, data/statistical package experience, working in teams, problem-solving skills
    2nd round consisted of interviews with associates/managers, and lunch with analysts
    There was also a short "case study" where you work through an Excel file independently and then discuss it (much less formal/structured than management consulting case interviews)

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Final day is a long day- 5 interviews and lunch. All of the interviewers are super nice but they know how to ask tough questions. You need to be ready to discuss your economic research in fine detail. Know specifically how you have 1) worked with the data that you analyzed i.e scatterplots, descriptive statistics, line graphs and what that meant and 2) know all the details of your project. They will ask you questions that you might have never though of before.

To prepare, I went back over the data sets of the projects that I knew I was going to discuss with them. That was probably the best preparation I did. Also, be able to answer any sort of hypothetical scenarios that they throw at you such as: we're doing this anti trust case- what do you think? what should we look at?

Interview Questions
    • 1) How would you price the ability to teleport?
      2) They sat me down in front of an excel spreadsheet and there was an hour of questions about the data that I looked at. You don't need to do anything fancy but you do need to know how basic formulas are made. Mostly, they want to see you work with actual data in front of them.
        Answer Question
    None! Offer was tremendous.

Worked for Analysis Group? Contribute to the Community!