Analysis Group

Updated Oct 13, 2014
Updated Oct 13, 2014

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

Interviews were not case-based, instead the interviews delved deep into technical skills. The interview was fairly short (only lasting about 30 minutes), so make sure you only highlight things that are important. If you start rambling, they'll move you along to the next question. The two interviews took place on the phone and involved two people interviewing me each time.

Interview Questions
  • If I said that I knew how to use a certain computer program, I was asked to describe how I did so in great detail. So only claim to know things you know really well!   Answer Question
I didn't negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Analysis Group

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group.

I had a phone interview and in person interviews. The turnaround was quick, I heard back the day after my phone interview about flying out for in person interviews the next week. The questions in all rounds were pretty quantitative, focusing on past statistical research experience. They weren't brain teasers or anything, they just required critical thinking about statistical analysis. I had four interviews in person, two with analysts, one with a manager, and one with HR.

I did not negotiate.

Summer Analyst Interview

The process is 1 phone interview and a "super day". The super day was a lunch with analysts and the recruiter along with 4 interviews with varying levels of staff. The types of questions were either behavioral questions or probes into prior research you've done. Be prepared to talk about your research; they will break it down and test to see if you understand it well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group in February 2014.

I saw a posting on my campus's career services website and submitted a resume and cover letter. A week later, I received a phone interview with two analysts. They notified me that I had moved on to the final interview at the end of the week, and the final interviews were two weeks later. It consisted of 6 interviews and a two hour lunch, and I interacted with 10 employees, including the managing principal. The interviews ranged in style, from technical to conversational, but overall I really enjoyed the process.

Interview Questions
    • What Analysis Group does is highly technical, and each member is given unique responsibilities; however, they have developed a system that provides a check on each person's work so that the quality of their work is guaranteed. When have you worked with a group that conducted highly technical work, and how did you manage it? What specific system or methods did you create to manage the technical aspects of the task?   Answer Question
    Since it was just a summer internship offer, there wasn't much in terms of negotiations - they gave me the standard offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group in January 2014.

First round phone interview which was heavily based on previous quantitative experience. Second round is the super day - four behavioral interviews at the office. Similar to first round so make sure you know your econometrics/regression projects!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group in January 2014.

Half hour phone interview followed by half day of interviews at Boston office. All interviews were behavioral and pretty relaxed. Many in-depth questions about data analysis experience, but nothing too technical. The interview process was very fast, I was offered a phone interview within a few days of submitting my application, and invited for a second round the day after my phone interview. However, didn't hear back for about three weeks after the second round. Interviewers were friendly; there were no really tricky questions.

Did not negotiate.

Summer Analyst Interview

I got this interview from an alumni. Basically an emphasis on teamwork and collaboration across diverse areas of expertise

applying quantitative methods to real-world research problems, strong interpersonal and communication skills

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in consulting, Why do you want to work for us. What kind of quantitative project have you been taken on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Analysis Group in January 2013.

Phone interview by a senior analyst.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult scenario you have had to deal with in your college career   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Analysis Group.

Applied online through their website. Received an email scheduling a phone interview. First round phone interview with recruiter. The first round interview was a fit based one with a very nice recruiter. Clearly wants someone who has taken econometrics and done quantitative research.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me about a quantitative research project you have worked on? What are statistical techniques you used?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

first round phone interview, all behavioural questions; second round phone interview are all about tech questions, the second round asks for details of the projects is very heavy in quantitative skills

Interview Questions
    • the interviewer pushed you for more details about your previous experience in quant, very data drive   Answer Question