Analysys Mason Interview Questions

3.2

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Analysys Mason in December 2014.

Interview

Hands down, the most pleasant recruiting process I've ever gone through, even though we got off to a rocky start: I was supposed to hear back 2 days after completing the online assessment, but I heard back almost 2 months after (despite the fact that I sent a follow-up e-mail, left unanswered). Apparently, my application was put on hold, of which I was not informed. However, after the first interview was scheduled, the whole process took only a week and turned out to be a great experience.

Stage 1. Online assessment (standard verbal and quant)
    Stage 2. Interview with a manager, followed by a rather informal chat with the HR. The interview consists of several obvious questions (why Analysys Mason, why consulting, why TMT sector) and a case. The HR asks pretty much the same questions.
    Stage 3. Interview with a principal (same questions + a case), a home-prepared presentation on a TMT topic of your choice (presented to the principal and 1-2 consultants), interview with a partner (same questions + a case).

What I liked the best was that I wasn't asked any bland pointless questions that are asked by almost everyone else (i.e. give an example when you exhibited leadership/teamwork/problem solving skills). I simply loved all 3 cases, which were both fun and challenging. And, of course, I really liked the people I got to speak to.

Tips: The only 2 things that matter is your motivation for (not experience in) TMT and your performance during cases. Just be sincere and use common sense and good reasoning.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't you apply to us last year and why is it that you still don't have a job half a year after graduation?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Analysys Mason.

Interview

The interview consists of 2 small and related market sizing cases and CV based questions. The interviewer has been friendly and guided me in my case. We discussed upon the issues and I took the part to solve the case. The result has been positive.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected part of the question is some essential insights which we may ignore due to lack of experience, but it can be found by discussing and trying to infer from the interviewer's hints. Both cases are related to airline and airport.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Analysys Mason in December 2013.

Interview

Good first and second interview, including presenting a project and answering questions. Everyone was very supportive and really listened. Interview involved a cross-section of analysts and senior analysts from inside the appropriate department and from other groups who would be working together.

HR can take a while to contact you. It took several weeks to get notified of the second interview. After the second and supposedly final interview I never heard from them again.

Graduate Consultant Interview

Interview

First round - general questions about CV, and an open ended, non business case study (an order of magnitude type question).

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Analysys Mason.

Interview

CV and Cover letter to apply online (London)

SHL Maths test and Logical reasoning test.

First round interview -
    At London Office
    Just one hour interview 1:1 with consultant
    Asked about why the company, why consulting, what about the telecoms sector I find interesting, and my opinion on it.
    Case was market sizing - If a company operating mobile networks wants to expand into a new market in Country X, what would you tell them? And what is their revenue in 10 years' time?

Interview Questions

• Asked about my opinion on a sector they worked in.
      Be prepared to show commercial awareness!

Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysys Mason (London, England (UK)) in May 2012.

Interview

Got the interview through a career fair application process. The interviewers were both nice. The first part of the interview was only about my paste experiences and motivation while the second part was a typical case study. They asked the same questions to every interviewee so we were all quite prepared but the consultants did change the number so it was different every time.

Consultant Junior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Analysys Mason (Paris (France)) in February 2012.

Interview

J'ai eu un entretien d'une heure dans leur bureau à Paris. CV, motivation et question sur l'industrie de la télécommunication et une question sur l'estimation du marché.

I had an hour interview in their office in Paris, CV, motivation and telecom industry questions and a market estimation question.

Interview Questions

• Question sur l'estimation du marché sur le nombre de poulets nécessaires à la production KFC en France   Market estimation question about the number of chickens needed for KFC production in France   Answer Question