Analytic Partners

Updated Nov 5, 2014
Updated Nov 5, 2014

3.2

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Analytic Partners.

Applied through the website and was notified a week later for a phone interview. Phone interview went well and lasted about 20 minutes, was told I would be emailed an online test - one aptitude, one personality. About a week after submitting the test, I was notified about coming in for an on-site interview. I spoke to 3 different people plus one person over skype. I thought the interview went very well. Everyone was laid back and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • -how would you describe the internet to someone who has been in a coma for 30 years?
      -how many vacuums are sold in a major US city in a year?
      -how many cars are rented in the US every year?

Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Analytic Partners.

-Coordinating with the hiring manager was difficult
    -AP got rid of its entry level analyst position and replaced it with an apprenticeship, which isn't nearly as attractive
    -Interviewers weren't very engaging or enthusiastic
    -Overall was an OK experience...wouldn't recommend this company to others

Intern Interview

First step of the process was the submission of resume, next I was asked to submit an initial questionnaire. This was followed by an initial interview and a request to take both a logic test and a personality test. The final phase was a second round of interviews with 3 senior level managers.

Interview Questions
    • How many golf balls could you fit in a Boeing 777   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Analytic Partners.

They posted a job on my college job board and I submitted my resume and cover letter through their website. Received an email within a week to schedule a phone screen. Had initial phone screen then follow-up phone interview with director a week later. Then I interviewed onsite with 3-4 consultants. Briefly met other analysts as I toured the office space. IQ test. Received an offer within a week.

Interview Questions
    • IQ test via laptop. I forgot which specific test it was but I was able to find free sample tests online.   Answer Question
    Didn't feel the need to negotiate. I was fresh out of school and they offered a base salary in the middle of the range I specified and bonus percentage was generous at 20%.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Analytic Partners in September 2013.

I applied online and was contacted via email to submit a questionnaire (asking about my skills and interest in Analytic Partners) and my transcript. I was also asked to take an online timed assessment test, which was a series of short math problems. After completing all of those, I had a phone interview and then was invited for an in person interview, where I met with three employees of different levels and one HR representative. The HR part of the interview was a long list of behavioral questions, but the other employee interviews were more conversational.

Interview Questions
    • How many vacuums are sold in New York per year?
      How many cars can you fit into an airplane?

View Answer

The offer was lower than my current salary and about 20%-25% lower than offers at similarly placed positions. They were not open to negotiations on any aspect of the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Analytic Partners in May 2013.

It was a really long process. I applied through campus recruitment and had the first set of interviews on campus. Then a few weeks later an IQ/Personality test was sent. I did that online. Then they emailed me for an interview. I went to the interview and met with four people. Each interview was 30 minutes each. They ask you personality and market sizing questions. The people are friendly and nice.

Interview Questions
    • How many gallons of paint would it take to paint every home in the US?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Analytic Partners.

The process is pretty intense but straightforward. Started out with a phone interview and was invited in to meet in person. Met with a lot of people from consultants through director level over two rounds. Employee dress was relaxed and I was made comfortable by their easy-going but professional attitudes.

Interview Questions
    • One of the most difficult questions was about estimating mileage on a car given certain scenarios.   Answer Question
    Negotiating is very difficult in an inital phases. Big thing to keep in mind is salary growth

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Analytic Partners in March 2013.

Got contacted via Email a week after I applied through LinkedIn to set up a phone interview. Normal behavior and motive questions. Then they sent me a online test which took about 30 mins. Got a call in for a on-site interview a week after and were told to wait for the result in two week if they decided to move me forward to the next round. The interview lasted 2. 5 hours and I met three mid-level consultants who asked questions around research experience, interest in the position and teamwork skills. At last, the HR manager came in and told me details of the training and learning opportunity in the company.

Interview Questions
    • How would you explain to me what is "internet" if I were a person who just wake up after being in karma for a very long time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Analytic Partners in March 2013.

Sent in my resume, was emailed about setting up an interview as soon as possible. The interview process took about three hours altogether. I met with four people and spoke to each for about 30-45 minutes. The interviewers held different positions in the company and asked similar questions, but also different types of questions. A few were just personal questions getting to know me, my experience, and my interest in their company. The harder questions were more abstract where I had to come up with answer to very unexpected questions.

Interview Questions
    • In one year, how many vacuums are sold in New York City? How many cars can you fit into a plane? They don't expect you to know the answer, since they don't know the answer either, but they want to hear how you approach solving the question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Analytic Partners in May 2012.

interviewers asked questions testing logic and provided case studies to determine the candidates ability to process information. One question was regarding a cube made up of square inch cubes. If there are 5 on each side how many square inches is the larger cube. The next question was how many square inches is the cube if the outside layer of the cube is removed. They also asked how I would spend my marketing budget if I was a marketing director.

Interview Questions
    • How would you spend your marketing budget of $100,000,000 and why?   Answer Question