Analytical Environmental Services

Updated Aug 6, 2015

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Analytical Environmental Services

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Analytical Environmental Services in May 2014.

Interview

Sent in resume based on ad. got a call a week later for an interview. They have nice offices near downtown, and parked at a meter on the street. They gave me an application to fill out at the front desk, which took about 15 minutes, then i was interviewed by 2 managers. it was really more like an informal discussion. they asked about the usual stuff like my education and job experience. Also asked a few technical questions to see if i knew about environmental regulations and laws. Very low stress and casual.

Interview Questions

• after about 1/2 hour interview, they asked me to take a writing test, which i wasn't expecting. it was very easy, and consisted of writing a few paragraphs. they said they started doing this because so many college graduates can't write.   Answer Question

Negotiation

they made me an offer which seemed reasonable so i accepted. no negotiation.

Associate Biologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Analytical Environmental Services (Sacramento, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I came in to the office and was asked to fill out an application, (had already submitted my resume and been asked to come interview). I was supposed to interview with two men, but one was on a phone call so I sat down with just one. The man who interviewed me was not friendly, and asked condescending questions about my experience, (although my resume had already been reviewed), as if I might have some secret experience I had waited to reveal at the interview. When the second interviewer got off his phone call, he came into the room and I stood up and shook his hand and introduced myself. I was hoping to get a second chance to speak with this person, but as he went to take a seat the first interviewer said "actually we were just about done here". It was a waste of my time to come to this interview, as it was clear that from the moment I walked in my interviewer had already made up his mind about me. This was the only interview like this I've had in this industry.

Interview Questions

• What additional experience do you have to what is on your resume?   Answer Question

Environmental Analyst/Biologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Analytical Environmental Services (Sacramento, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

This was the shortest interview I have ever had. 20 minutes, maybe 25 minutes tops. I am not sure why this company even called me in for an interview and why they just don't list the position as biologist. I met all of the requirements listed in the position announcement, but about 10 minutes into the interview it became clear that what they really wanted was a biologist to do field work and then come in and write reports, permits, CEQA documents, basically everything. My experience is that biologists are not good permitting specialists because they are not familiar enough with the regulatory process. That and they are so busy focusing on field work that they don't have the time to give the customer quality service on permitting follow-up. I told them that I was an expert in permitting and had experience with CEQA / NEPA writing, but all the interviewer could focus on was my lack of biological experience. I'm sure that the place is not just staffed with biolgists and that I could have been a solid employee there. Horrible interview. There was very little back and forth and his attitude became increasingly negative towards the end of the interview. Interviewer made me feel like I was totally worthless and that I was wasting his time by being there. The biggest clue that I wasn't getting an offer was the fact that he never once mentioned compensation. If I got the job I would have immediately started looking elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• What was your billing rate at your former jobs? I have never been asked that before.   Answer Question

Associate Biologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Analytical Environmental Services (Sacramento, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

i used a head hunter to land this job. she was instrumental in getting the compensation package i needed to make the position palatable. I don't recall that the interview was anything out of the ordinary. I had the skills they were looking for and was willing to learn other aspects of the the consulting business.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i used a head hunter to negotiate my salary, i asked and received: equal vacation accrual benefits as my previous place of employment (3 weeks/year, however after a year and a half i discovered they did not honor that benefit), employer increased their percent contribution to my health benefits, increased salary to match a 15% raise from previous employer.