Analytical Environmental Services

Candidate Interview Review

Environmental Analyst/Biologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Analytical Environmental Services in March 2013.

This was the shortest interview I have ever had. 20 minutes, maybe 25 minutes tops. I am not sure why this company even called me in for an interview and why they just don't list the position as biologist. I met all of the requirements listed in the position announcement, but about 10 minutes into the interview it became clear that what they really wanted was a biologist to do field work and then come in and write reports, permits, CEQA documents, basically everything. My experience is that biologists are not good permitting specialists because they are not familiar enough with the regulatory process. That and they are so busy focusing on field work that they don't have the time to give the customer quality service on permitting follow-up. I told them that I was an expert in permitting and had experience with CEQA / NEPA writing, but all the interviewer could focus on was my lack of biological experience. I'm sure that the place is not just staffed with biolgists and that I could have been a solid employee there. Horrible interview. There was very little back and forth and his attitude became increasingly negative towards the end of the interview. Interviewer made me feel like I was totally worthless and that I was wasting his time by being there. The biggest clue that I wasn't getting an offer was the fact that he never once mentioned compensation. If I got the job I would have immediately started looking elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • What was your billing rate at your former jobs? I have never been asked that before.   Answer Question

Worked for Analytical Environmental Services? Contribute to the Community!