Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Ancestry.com
- Customer Service Associate (5)
- Marketing (3)
- Senior Software Engineer (3)
- Software Engineer (3)
- Software Engineer Intern (2)
- Analyst (2)
- Front End Web Developer (1)
- Human Resources Coordinator (1)
- Independent Contractor (1)
- Member Services (1)
- Member Services Representative (1)
- Product Manager (1)
- Business Intelligence (1)
- Team Manager (1)
- Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics (1)
- Customer Solutions Associate (1)
- ASP.NET Software Engineer (1)
- North American Controller (1)
- Senior Manager, Business Development & Partnerships (1)
- UI Developer (Archives.com, Part of Ancestry) (1)
1 person found this helpful
Software Engineer Intern Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Ancestry.com in March 2013.
Applied online, and got an email a few weeks later asking to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was a basic interview, with some technical computer-science related questions (though no written code). They wanted you to know about the programming languages that you claimed to know, especially how they worked behind the scenes.
After the interview, got an email from the recruiter to set up an on-site interview in San Francisco. I was the only one there. In terms of company culture, the place really feels "Facebook-esque". There's a lot of free space and free food, and the dress code is casual. It's definitely a laid-back internet company.
There was an hour long coding challenge, and then a few interviews with different team leads. I received an offer within a week - they were very fast.
- Coding challenge (protected by an NDA). Answer Question
The compensation was decent, but I chose to work for a startup that gave me slightly less in exchange for reaching more things.
They did ask me what my desired salary was, right before they made me an offer. Keep in mind that this is important, and you should ask a number that would make you comfortable without seeming overzealous.
Other Interview Reviews for Ancestry.com
Software Engineer Intern InterviewApplication Details
I applied online. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Ancestry.com in October 2012.Interview Details
Applied online, withing two days received a phone interview from a recruiter. She asked me basic questions pertaining to availability, current classes, what my favorite class was, etc.Interview Questions
No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- What are the concepts associated with Object Oriented Programming View Answer