Anchin Block & Anchin Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.4

Semi Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Anchin Block & Anchin.

Interview

The process was super quick. I got the interview through a recruiter. The interview took about an hour. I met with 3 different partners and a director. Two days later I got a phone call from my recruiter telling me i got the job.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Anchin Block & Anchin.

Interview

Applied through university. Waited in lobby for interview and overheard the Anchin employees who came down for recruitment loudly and openly discussing potential candidates in a very unprofessional manner. It was very high school-like, gossipy behavior. Interviewer was bored and uninterested in what I had to say.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Anchin Block & Anchin (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with two people for about an hour each. The interview was very laid back and comfortable. The interview was primarily about getting to know me as a person and if I would fit within the firm

Entry Level Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Anchin Block & Anchin (Bethlehem, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

I got the interview opportunity from campus recruiting. The first interview was on campus. There was a greeter who had been in the company for 2 years; the interviewer was a partner. The greeter was nice; you can ask him any questions. The interview began with a question from my resume, regarding to my internship. Then there was a behavior question. The following part were more like talking: why I wanted to work in New York, etc. Then I asked the interviewer questions.

Entry Level Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Anchin Block & Anchin (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

I went in through a campus recruiting. Took about 3 weeks. From what I heard, They started near the last week of October, and would notify qualified candidates before Mid-Nov. It was just an ELA position, but appeared to be some sort of "program", that grabs a bunch of candidates, trains them, then put them in places where the company thinks they'd need help in. Anyways, I digress. I was not told there'd be THREE interviews, so you better get your ball game adjusted. You're set up with a "buddy", who is someone that brings you to the floors where the interviews will be held, give you a tour, and provide some insights to the company. Lunch was offered afterwards with your "buddies", which is usually either ordered in or going out to eat. All my interviewers were great. Friendly for the most part. Thankfully, NO technical questions for me. However, based on the other reviews, there were a lot of behavioral questions. There was also a hint of "sell yourself to me" in the air. It's also most likely that it's the first time they're looking at your resume. In my opinion, the questions they asked, and the way everything was structured, it's likely that HR had a huge hand in all of this. All of them were most likely pulled into a group meeting/email to introduce recommended questions and the way they should behave.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about yourself 2) Why is your GPA not on here? 3) Why our company? Why not a larger firm/small firm? 4) Do you like working in teams or independently? 5) What do you think about evaluations/constructive criticism/montly reviews? 6) Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years? 7) Tell me about a time you had to work in group 8) What did you do when you were proposed with a difficult situation, and how did you handle it? 9) What do you do when you disagree with a team member? 10) Why public accounting and not private accounting?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do not be overly ambitious. Be CLEAR in the position you want, and not to suck up. Always point out to past experience, not what you can become. Make your presence known to all the people that you meet, and be extremely careful not to offend anyone. Do not sound desparate.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Anchin Block & Anchin (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Recruiting in College Campus. First interview for 30 mins on campus--a list of behavioral questions. Nothing hard. Very easy and friendly person Second Interview in office for half a day. Interview with 3 professionals from different industries. Mostly behavioral

Staff Audiotor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Anchin Block & Anchin (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

I had a campus interview they mostly asked behavorial questions and why anchin. the partners, manager were really nice. However at the firm, they ask questions I never heard of , something about someone pushing your limits. and mostly about my weaknesses.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Anchin Block & Anchin (New York, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

The interview was among the most unprofessional I have ever endured. A hiring manager came in yelling at me about why I wanted to work at Anchin, why I wasn't using my alumni network to seek a position elsewhere, and why I wasn't seeking to work at Ernst and Young.

Interview Questions

• Can't you just call up one of your former classmates and have them give you a job?   Answer Question

Staff Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Anchin Block & Anchin.

Interview

applied through school's website, got a first round interview on campus, and received offer to schedule second round office visit in 2 days

Interview Questions

• if you can go back to change anything in your college career, what would it be   1 Answer

Entry Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Anchin Block & Anchin.

Interview

Relaxed and friendly and feels more like a chat than a formal interview. Really interested in the companies I worked and how they make their money. interviewer kept asking how much my old bosses were making, which I kindly declined to comment.