Anchor Blue Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Anchor Blue

Store Manager Interview

Be outgoing and well spoken

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Anchor Blue in September 2008.

I filled out an application and brought it back to the store. I was called in for an interview a few days later. The interview was set up as a group interview. First they had us go through the store and put together an outfit we would sell to a customer. The next part of the interview they asked us questions and we took turns answering.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate. I accepted the minimum wage pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Anchor Blue in November 2010.

I filled out the application online and was called by the manager about two days later to tell me when my interview would be. It was a group interview at the store with about eight other people for a seasonal sales associate position. First, we all had to gather around and weirdly, say what our favorite animal was and why. Then, we were told to pick out an item of clothing and demonstrate how we would sell it. The whole process took less than twenty minutes and was completely impersonal. After that, I was told I would receive a call later in the afternoon for a follow-up if they wanted me. I never got a call, so I think my nerves and lack of experience got the better of me. It was certainly not what I expected for an interview.

In terms of dress, I would go for casual but still presentable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Anchor Blue in June 2008.

I went into the store and filled in the paper application. In a week or so, I received a call telling me that they were having group interviews, so they gave me the time of the interview. I went to the group interview, and we had to create funny stories with different magazine clippings and such. It was just a fun, laid back interview. Let your personality shine here. Then after that they select a few people from the group to call back for an interview with the manager. I got called back, and was very nervous for this one for some reason. (I was 17 at the time, haha.) But anyways, I think if I wasn't so nervous and awkward sounding I would have gotten the job. The manager told me that I seemed pretty shy. :) Ah, well. Good luck!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Modesto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Anchor Blue in June 2010.

After turning in my application I immediately got an interview. It consisted of a group interview with about ten people there. Although it was a very enjoyable experience, it does not give much chance for personal talk with the manager. I would suggest going in if you have a connection somehow with a manager or staff member. And do NOT be shy!!! I cannot stress enough how you should speak up and maintain good posture. The manager may also either ask you to create an outfit or at the beginning of the interview pick out the ugliest piece of clothing, to you, in the store and will proceed to ask you to 'sell' it to her/him, as if they are a customer. Good Luck Y'all!!

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stockton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Anchor Blue in April 2010.

I walked in the store about 4 days ago and dropped off an application. Lastnight I received a call from the manager and we set up a time for an interview today.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Anchor Blue in April 2008.

WELL THEY FIRST CALL YOU AND ASK YOU WHY
    YOU WOULD LIKE TO WORK FOR ANCHOR BLUE AND WHY YOU
    THINK YOU ARE THE RIGHT CANIDATE?
    THEY TELL YOU WHAT THEY EXPECT FROM YOU EVEN
    TOUGH NOW THEY KEEP ADDING IT TO
    YOUT TO DO LIST.

Interview Questions
    • When did Anchor Blue start its foundation?   View Answer
    • How many years has Anchor Blue stop selling
      Dickies?
        View Answer

Worked for Anchor Blue? Contribute to the Community!