Anchor Blue

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

Interviewed at Anchor Blue

Interview Details – Be outgoing and well spoken

Interview Question – What is the most important aspect of sales   Answer Question

Tucson, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Anchor Blue in September 2008.

Interview Details – I filled out an application and brought it back to the store. I was called in for an interview a few days later. The interview was set up as a group interview. First they had us go through the store and put together an outfit we would sell to a customer. The next part of the interview they asked us questions and we took turns answering.

Interview Question – If you could be any animal, what would you be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. I accepted the minimum wage pay.

Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Anchor Blue in November 2010.

Interview Details – I filled out the application online and was called by the manager about two days later to tell me when my interview would be. It was a group interview at the store with about eight other people for a seasonal sales associate position. First, we all had to gather around and weirdly, say what our favorite animal was and why. Then, we were told to pick out an item of clothing and demonstrate how we would sell it. The whole process took less than twenty minutes and was completely impersonal. After that, I was told I would receive a call later in the afternoon for a follow-up if they wanted me. I never got a call, so I think my nerves and lack of experience got the better of me. It was certainly not what I expected for an interview.

In terms of dress, I would go for casual but still presentable.

Interview Question – What is your favorite animal, and why?   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Anchor Blue in June 2008.

Interview Details – I went into the store and filled in the paper application. In a week or so, I received a call telling me that they were having group interviews, so they gave me the time of the interview. I went to the group interview, and we had to create funny stories with different magazine clippings and such. It was just a fun, laid back interview. Let your personality shine here. Then after that they select a few people from the group to call back for an interview with the manager. I got called back, and was very nervous for this one for some reason. (I was 17 at the time, haha.) But anyways, I think if I wasn't so nervous and awkward sounding I would have gotten the job. The manager told me that I seemed pretty shy. :) Ah, well. Good luck!

Modesto, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Anchor Blue in June 2010.

Interview Details – After turning in my application I immediately got an interview. It consisted of a group interview with about ten people there. Although it was a very enjoyable experience, it does not give much chance for personal talk with the manager. I would suggest going in if you have a connection somehow with a manager or staff member. And do NOT be shy!!! I cannot stress enough how you should speak up and maintain good posture. The manager may also either ask you to create an outfit or at the beginning of the interview pick out the ugliest piece of clothing, to you, in the store and will proceed to ask you to 'sell' it to her/him, as if they are a customer. Good Luck Y'all!!

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
Stockton, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Anchor Blue in April 2010.

Interview Details – I walked in the store about 4 days ago and dropped off an application. Lastnight I received a call from the manager and we set up a time for an interview today.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Anchor Blue in April 2008.

Interview Details – WELL THEY FIRST CALL YOU AND ASK YOU WHY
YOU WOULD LIKE TO WORK FOR ANCHOR BLUE AND WHY YOU
THINK YOU ARE THE RIGHT CANIDATE?
THEY TELL YOU WHAT THEY EXPECT FROM YOU EVEN
TOUGH NOW THEY KEEP ADDING IT TO
YOUT TO DO LIST.

Interview Questions

• When did Anchor Blue start its foundation?   View Answer
  • How many years has Anchor Blue stop selling
    Dickies?
      View Answer

Worked for Anchor Blue? Contribute to the Community!