Anchorage Press

Relevance Date Difficulty

Entertainment Editor Interview

Entertainment Editor
Anchorage, AK

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Anchorage Press in April 2012.

Interview Details – Sent in resume, cover letter and writing sample for email. Did not hear back for several weeks. Then got a call for a same day interview because they were on a tight schedule. I came in for the interview which was the existing entertainment editor and the main editor. We discussed my history with writing and editing and was given a copyediting test.

Interview Question – What would you bring to this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It took about a month before I was offered the position and almost another month before I started the job. The background check was the hardest I have ever been through because it is conducted through their corporate offices in Arizona. There was no opportunity for pay negotiation.

Worked for Anchorage Press? Contribute to the Community!