Anchorage Press Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Anchorage Press

Entertainment Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Anchorage Press (Anchorage, AK) in April 2012.

Interview

Sent in resume, cover letter and writing sample for email. Did not hear back for several weeks. Then got a call for a same day interview because they were on a tight schedule. I came in for the interview which was the existing entertainment editor and the main editor. We discussed my history with writing and editing and was given a copyediting test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It took about a month before I was offered the position and almost another month before I started the job. The background check was the hardest I have ever been through because it is conducted through their corporate offices in Arizona. There was no opportunity for pay negotiation.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Anchorage Press (Anchorage, AK) in April 2009.

Interview

This interview was really a general meet and greet. I believe a more formal interview would have taken place later if I had not already found another position. The atmosphere was laid back but the interviewer suggested the importance of professionalism. I left the interview feeling positive and well treated. The ever-present interviewer ego was absent. I would interview here again if I found myself jobless!

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be good in sales?   1 Answer

Employed elsewhere.