Anchorage Press Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Anchorage Press

Entertainment Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anchorage, AK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Anchorage Press in April 2012.

Sent in resume, cover letter and writing sample for email. Did not hear back for several weeks. Then got a call for a same day interview because they were on a tight schedule. I came in for the interview which was the existing entertainment editor and the main editor. We discussed my history with writing and editing and was given a copyediting test.

Interview Questions
    It took about a month before I was offered the position and almost another month before I started the job. The background check was the hardest I have ever been through because it is conducted through their corporate offices in Arizona. There was no opportunity for pay negotiation.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anchorage, AK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Anchorage Press in April 2009.

This interview was really a general meet and greet. I believe a more formal interview would have taken place later if I had not already found another position. The atmosphere was laid back but the interviewer suggested the importance of professionalism. I left the interview feeling positive and well treated. The ever-present interviewer ego was absent. I would interview here again if I found myself jobless!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be good in sales?   View Answer

Employed elsewhere.

Worked for Anchorage Press? Contribute to the Community!