Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Anchorage School District
- Classroom Teacher (1)
- Asl Interpreter (1)
- Kindergarten T A (Part-time) (1)
- Teacher, Intensive Needs (1)
- Declined OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Anchorage School District (Anchorage, AK).
You will go through a series of generic interview questions regardless of the specialty position you apply for. The application process is straightforward and you will be contacted by staff who only work to schedule appointments for your interview.
- Even if you are applying for an Intensive Needs classroom, Autism classroom or preschool classroom, be expected to answer questions about general education classroom techniques, strategies and instructional design. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
I was not convinced they had described the class adequately or honestly to me.
- No OfferAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Anchorage School District in August 2013.
I applied online and the within a few days I was contacted for an interview. I had though,already been in contact with someone via email about the whole application process. They asked if I was available for a Skype interview since I am out of state so we Sheila one for two days later. The interview was completly in ASL.
- They asked me 8 questions. One of the ones that I was a bit thrown off by was: "explain the role of the interpreter at the elementary,middle,high school and vocational level." 1 Answer
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anchorage School District in September 2012.
I filled out an online application, without much information and still got a call for an interview the following week. I scheduled the interview for a couple of days after the call. The interviewer was a few minutes late for the appointment, so that wasn't a good sign. The interview was very rushed, the interviewer basically had a paper with a list of questions not entirely relevant to the position.
- What do you see your role as being with the lead teacher? Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Anchorage School District in September 2009.
This was an interview for a transfer, as I am already employed by ASD. I felt that the interviewing principal and assistant principal had already chosen someone else, and they were only interviewing me to fulfill their requirements. I was not offered the position, nor was i ever informed of the decision.
- Other than location, why do you want to work at this school. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review