Andersen Windows

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Andersen Windows.

Applied through university career system. Learned that I was accepted for an in-person interview shortly after. Interviewed with current employees. They asked me several behavioral questions and about my resume. My advice is to applicants to have an idea of where/how you may fit in with the company. Specific examples are key. It was pretty low key and they did a good job of giving an idea of the culture for Andersen Corp.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Andersen Windows.

Interview process was extremely laid back. A handful of the standard behavioral questions.

Finance Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Andersen Windows in April 2013.

Submitted an application through a career service website, got a phone call to schedule an interview, interviewed with three people on the same day, basic behavioral questions and getting to know you

no negotiation took place

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bayport, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Andersen Windows.

Long interviews, in multiple hour segments with many different work groups. Initial phone interview, followed by round 1 interviews, and then round 2 interviews, followed by an offer. The process lasted approximately 1 month.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where your boss asks you to do something you feel is unsafe?   Answer Question
    Yes I was able to negotiate based on competing job offers. Andersen counter-offered and I accepted.

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bayport, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Andersen Windows in March 2013.

I interviewed with two sets of Engineering staff at Andersen Corp. on a Monday, for a position as an Engineering Technician. The first set of interviewers was the Engineering Manager, and an Engineering staff member. The second set of interviewers was an Engineer and a Design Leader. The interview included some of the classic H.R. situational questions (they even admitted that they were scripted questions, but they had to ask them regardless). For the most part, the interview was basically a discussion of my past experience in the field. I felt I was encouraged to discusss in detail some of the experiences and inter-personel situations I had to deal with. I felt very comfortable with all the interviewers, and never felt any aggresive questioning. They just wanted to know what kind of person I was, and what my skill set was. I was hired two days later on Wednesday.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected or difficult questions. I prepared myself in advance, and I had extensive knowledge of the company, and expertise in my field.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation during the interview. I expect this will happen after all the security, backround, and drug testing paperwork is completed. I know that this position will fall in my expected pay range, irregardless.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Andersen Windows.

Mostly behavioral questions related to previous work experience,
    y industrial engineering
    , y this particular position,
    team work experience

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Andersen Windows in October 2012.

The biggest part of the interview process is behavioral based questions. You will be judged based on your experiences and how they show your skills. You will also be gauged on your fit into Andersen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bayport, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Andersen Windows in January 2012.

Saw application online and applied via their website. Didn't hear anything for a month, so contacted them multiple times. Got a call about a 1.5 months after submitting my application for an in person interview. Interviewed with two managers at the CAO. Didn't hear anything for a while and a month later received an offer.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Andersen Windows in October 2011.

The interviewer asked 10 behavioral based questions and asked why i chose the focus that I did.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to decide between the easy, and immoral, route, and the more difficult one.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where a project didn't go the way you wanted it to go, and what did you do to correct it?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bayport, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Andersen Windows in October 2009.

I met the recruiter at a career fair, and I was later phoned to setup an interview time. The interview went very well, but I didn't hear back or get a job offer. I followed up via email two months later and was told they were still going through the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in the engineering field?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you've encountered a road block to reaching a goal.   Answer Question