Andersen Windows

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Andersen Windows in October 2012.

Interview Details – The biggest part of the interview process is behavioral based questions. You will be judged based on your experiences and how they show your skills. You will also be gauged on your fit into Andersen.

Interview Question – No real hard ones. The normal SBO questions   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Andersen Windows.

Interview Details – Interview process was extremely laid back. A handful of the standard behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Name a time you had to be innovative.   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Andersen Windows in April 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted an application through a career service website, got a phone call to schedule an interview, interviewed with three people on the same day, basic behavioral questions and getting to know you

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation took place

Engineer I Interview

Engineer I
Bayport, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Andersen Windows.

Interview Details – Long interviews, in multiple hour segments with many different work groups. Initial phone interview, followed by round 1 interviews, and then round 2 interviews, followed by an offer. The process lasted approximately 1 month.

Interview Question – How would you handle a situation where your boss asks you to do something you feel is unsafe?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes I was able to negotiate based on competing job offers. Andersen counter-offered and I accepted.

Engineering Technician Interview

Engineering Technician
Bayport, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Andersen Windows in March 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed with two sets of Engineering staff at Andersen Corp. on a Monday, for a position as an Engineering Technician. The first set of interviewers was the Engineering Manager, and an Engineering staff member. The second set of interviewers was an Engineer and a Design Leader. The interview included some of the classic H.R. situational questions (they even admitted that they were scripted questions, but they had to ask them regardless). For the most part, the interview was basically a discussion of my past experience in the field. I felt I was encouraged to discusss in detail some of the experiences and inter-personel situations I had to deal with. I felt very comfortable with all the interviewers, and never felt any aggresive questioning. They just wanted to know what kind of person I was, and what my skill set was. I was hired two days later on Wednesday.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected or difficult questions. I prepared myself in advance, and I had extensive knowledge of the company, and expertise in my field.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation during the interview. I expect this will happen after all the security, backround, and drug testing paperwork is completed. I know that this position will fall in my expected pay range, irregardless.

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Andersen Windows.

Interview Details – Mostly behavioral questions related to previous work experience,
y industrial engineering
, y this particular position,
team work experience

Interview Question – mostly simple interview.   Answer Question

Bayport, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Andersen Windows in January 2012.

Interview Details – Saw application online and applied via their website. Didn't hear anything for a month, so contacted them multiple times. Got a call about a 1.5 months after submitting my application for an in person interview. Interviewed with two managers at the CAO. Didn't hear anything for a while and a month later received an offer.

Interview Question – Why Andersen?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Andersen Windows in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interviewer asked 10 behavioral based questions and asked why i chose the focus that I did.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to decide between the easy, and immoral, route, and the more difficult one.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time where a project didn't go the way you wanted it to go, and what did you do to correct it?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern
Bayport, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Andersen Windows in October 2009.

Interview Details – I met the recruiter at a career fair, and I was later phoned to setup an interview time. The interview went very well, but I didn't hear back or get a job offer. I followed up via email two months later and was told they were still going through the hiring process.

Interview Questions

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern
Bayport, MN

The process took a day - interviewed at Andersen Windows in September 2008.

Interview Details – I approached them at the UW-Madison engineering career fair and due to my interest in the company, I was granted an interview for the following day. The interview was 20 minutes long with two other Andersen Engineers. They asked behavioral questions as well as background questions about myself. I believe I got the job offer because I showed them that I valued their close-knit community and personal atmosphere and I made it clear that I could see myself making a career with their company. They want to hire interns who will come back as full time employees.

Interview Question – Tell us a time you had to convince someone to do something when they disagreed with you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't do any negotiating. They made me an offer the same day of the interview and I was given a few weeks to accept.

Worked for Andersen Windows? Contribute to the Community!