Andiamo! Group Interview Questions

2.8

Full Desk Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Andiamo! Group.

Interview

you'll meet with a recruiter on the team - maybe the person who referred you, possibly one other person and definitely the CEO Mark

He is spending his personal time and money interviewing you and hiring and training you so he wants to be convinced before he does so

before you go in they have you fill our a personality profile too but they don't run it until they have decided they like you when they meet you so IF you do well in person they'll run the personality profile and it mostly helps them determine what management and training styles suit you best but there are also likelihood of Fit parts too

My recommendation - DO NOT overthink the personality profile it will just mess up the results - gut reaction to all the questions

For Mark you need to convince him why he should invest in your career
    make sure you ask everything you need to know to determine whether you feel it is a fit for you because it is the only on site interview

if the profile looks good they'll either make and offer or not

Once in a while they will bring someone back if they are on the fence and want to give the person another chance

Interview Questions

• He digs, and digs and digs - Why, Why, Why - you will not get away with a fluffy/interview-y not quantifiable answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They have a standard package - thats it, and you get to pick one of 3 commission structures, which is cool. They also let you change yuor comission plan on any 6month mark (new year or July) and they have a promotion path based on billings where you get a raise and a new title as well as opportunity to grow into leadership roles

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Andiamo! Group (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Email; I responded
    Call; I answered
    Interview #1; Nailed it. met with management and president
    Interview #2; met with founder- very influencial but glad I listened

Negotiation

Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Andiamo! Group (San Francisco, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Initially, I had a phone interview that was more like an informative sales pitch about how great of a company Andiamo! Group is. I was interested in the position, so I agreed to come in for an in-person interview. I met the vice president and talked with him about the company and he asked me a serious of generic interview question. He had a real anal/prick attitude and I could tell he would not be a boss I would like to have. He basically spent most of the time telling me why he thought I should not pursue the position further and all the various reasons he fires people for constantly. After the interview, I left, sent him a polite declination letter, and moved on in my job search.

Interview Questions

My would-be-manager really rubbed me the wrong way.

Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Andiamo! Group (San Francisco, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

This was the strangest "interview" i've ever encountered. As a recruiter, I often do first round phone interviews. This was not an interview. It felt like a sales pitch of how great their company is. They asked me no questions about my experience. No questions at all really, except when could I be there for an in person interview and when could I start. Basically the conversation was a laundry list of how great their benefits are, how you can make a 100k a year with their commission structure "if you want to and work hard enough". When it was my turn to ask questions, they were never answered. I wanted to know specifics and the answers i got were always round abouts back to how i could earn 6 figures if I worked hard enough but that he couldn't give me an average because everyone was different. It just didn't feel right, like an aggressive sales pitch. And when he said "so when are you going to come in so we can meet you and offer you the position?" I respectfully declined.

Interview Questions

• he didn't ask me any questions, it was more like a sales pitch about the company.   Answer Question

Sales and Recruiting Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Andiamo! Group (San Francisco, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Another experienced salesperson described their unhappy interview experience - phone interviews, filling out an application, taking a "personality test," an in-person interview followed by a dismissive e-mail from the company's owner. I had a similar experience. I've never had an in-person interview go so poorly. My assessment is the owner of the company is blue sky: Love your background! We have on-going training! Make four placements a month? You'll be making $150K a year. The site sales manager is the reality check. The SM sat across from me, arms crossed, glaring at me. My background was laughable. There was no training. And, according to the SM, no one in the office was tracking the numbers the owner quoted. I suggest you research Andiamo! Group and anyone you have contact with. Including the owner. Start with Google. All your questions will be answered.

Recruiter/Sales Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Andiamo! Group (San Francisco, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

There were 3 people that I talked to in the interview process. First, there was a phone interview which was pretty standard - uncovering my motives for looking at this position and company. Next, I met with a manager of the recruiting team - about an hour. Typical interview questions about my past experience and what my motives were to work with Andiamo. The third meeting was with the owner; he is very high energy and you better keep up! It is not uncommon to walk away wondering if the conversation went well. He really wanted me to 'sell' myself to him, he kept asking 'what else' after he went off on a tangent. I am not opposed to selling my abilities to someone, but I felt that it was a little much.
    Topping it all off, were the 'results' from the 'personality' test. I have a background working with these - and this one is questionnable (in my opinion). The test itself is two groups of words that you rate yourself on, and then again rate them on how other people would see you. If you would like to learn more about the test, google 'PEAC test' - I can not post the link here.

The office was nice, and the staff that I met were nice. Had a 'start-up' feel to it, culture-wise. Seems like a good company to work for; however, I felt that the attempt to push my buttons and insult my intelligence went a little further than it should for someone who WANTS to have talent join the team.

Interview Questions

• What was your GPA in college?   1 Answer
    • Do you have a current client base that we can tap into if you are hired?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Andiamo! Group (San Francisco, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

The first interview was with one of Andiamo! Group's Managing Partners, Ken. Very hi-energy and upbeat interview. 45 mins-1 hour long in which I learned a lot about the company and the role itself. He then sent me a personality profile to complete which I returned within 10 minutes. Ken then set me up for an in-person interview with Lesley, their Director of Recruiting. Again, around an hour long and very thorough. She asked me many questions about my background and I was allowed plenty of time to ask my questions as well. The final interview was with Mark, their founder. One tough interview. Detailed. Really drilled deep and make me work.

Interview Questions

• They ask for the reasons I joined and left each of my previous employers.   Answer Question
    • They asked me about my motivations for wanting to get into recruiting.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Andiamo! Group.

Interview

1. Prep with recruiter.
    2. Interview with CEO / Owner, who is very fast paced. Very direct and to the point.

Felt like a comfortable conversation. Typical interview questions about my past experience and what my motives were to work with Andiamo! Group.

I googled before I went to the interview, and went VERY hestitantly based on reviews. Almost immediately, I realized that the online reviews were completely offbase!

Sales Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Andiamo! Group in April 2011.

Interview

I am a mature professional with considerable experience, but not in this field. They had an ad on Craigslist and I called as my personality can often get me in doors. Was asked to send resume, then called a few days later to set up interview. Did some research and had to go to 4-5 google pages search before finding the principles. Was kind of weird. Yelp pages were not complimentary.

Was emailed a personality profile test, and had to refill out an application-like I did long before my B'Sc and Master's, guess like 7-11.

Interviewed with the new boss, "same as the old boss", who was the new sheriff in town and was going to fix everything, got rid of all the dead weight, grow the company 100% a year each year, blah blah blah.

Was told as I left to call in the AM if I was interested. Got email from original contact a few hours later, thanks, but no thanks, but he beat me to it. The whole thing was kind of creepy and not my gig.