Andreessen Horowitz Director of Creative Department Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Director of Creative Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Menlo Park, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Andreessen Horowitz in March 2013.

I was referred to one of the partners by a friend, and was able to get a meeting fairly easily.

I met with one of the partners, who explained how the Andreessen Horowitz portfolio works. They're a VC, but they work more closely with their companies than most, providing more consulting and advice than average. Lots of VCs claim they do this, but my impression after the interview was that AH actually does, so that's a point in their favor.

The partner I met with was involved with recruiting for their portfolio companies. The interview was pleasant enough, but my lasting impression is that perhaps I was simply granted the interview because of my contact, rather than my resume. That's totally understandable, of course.

We agreed on a few follow-up items for after our interview (I would be introduced to a few people), but unfortunately that didn't happen. I followed up via email a few times, but after a couple weeks still no response.

In general, if somebody is not interested, then of course that's okay, but if someone indicates that they will do some follow up, then they should do it. I'd rather be told a simple "No" than be told something that isn't going to happen.

Overall, my impression of the company is nonetheless positive. It seems like a good (though somewhat stiff) environment, and the people I met were pleasant, though obviously my experience was extremely limited.

Interview Questions
  • Ironically, I wasn't really asked anything especially thought-provoking. I was asked what I thought I was good at, but that's pretty standard.   Answer Question

Worked for Andreessen Horowitz? Contribute to the Community!