Andreessen Horowitz Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Andreessen Horowitz

Pool Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Andreessen Horowitz.

Interview

A woman just asked me questions about my resume and talked about their university intern pool program. She then connected me to A16Z's startup portfolio where I was interviewed by a bunch of startup companies.

Interview Questions

• What new technology on the market today do you think has the best chance of enormous success?   Answer Question

Director of Creative Department Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Andreessen Horowitz (Menlo Park, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I was referred to one of the partners by a friend, and was able to get a meeting fairly easily.

I met with one of the partners, who explained how the Andreessen Horowitz portfolio works. They're a VC, but they work more closely with their companies than most, providing more consulting and advice than average. Lots of VCs claim they do this, but my impression after the interview was that AH actually does, so that's a point in their favor.

The partner I met with was involved with recruiting for their portfolio companies. The interview was pleasant enough, but my lasting impression is that perhaps I was simply granted the interview because of my contact, rather than my resume. That's totally understandable, of course.

We agreed on a few follow-up items for after our interview (I would be introduced to a few people), but unfortunately that didn't happen. I followed up via email a few times, but after a couple weeks still no response.

In general, if somebody is not interested, then of course that's okay, but if someone indicates that they will do some follow up, then they should do it. I'd rather be told a simple "No" than be told something that isn't going to happen.

Overall, my impression of the company is nonetheless positive. It seems like a good (though somewhat stiff) environment, and the people I met were pleasant, though obviously my experience was extremely limited.

Interview Questions

• Ironically, I wasn't really asked anything especially thought-provoking. I was asked what I thought I was good at, but that's pretty standard.   Answer Question