Andrews Kurth

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Andrews Kurth

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Andrews Kurth in March 2010.

Very nice attorneys, informative job description and casual conversation to lighten the mood. Very upfront about the pros and cons of the paralegal position and welcoming to any questions or concerns.

No Negotiation

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Andrews Kurth in February 2010.

I interviewed with 3 HR people. I had 4 call backs. I was not given a start date until 3 months later. I think that was to avoid paying the headhunter fee.

Interview Questions
    • The usual: Why do you want to leave your current employer.   View Answer
    • What area of law do you prefer to support attorneys in?   View Answer
    • How do you handle difficult attorneys?   View Answer
    • Why should we hire you over X,Y or Z?   View Answer
    I negotiated through a recruiter. I requested more start leave time in lieu of better base salary. I received a sign-on bonus and the requested minimum leave time. I also did not need nor want their health insurance.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Andrews Kurth in May 2009.

Two steps:

1. Interview with HR to determine your qualifications and they give you a broad overview of the company.
    2. Interview with 4 associates and 2 partners. I impressed these guys so I got the job. It's all about personality.

Took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of an accomplishment that you are most proud of so far.   Answer Question
    • Talk briefly about your background/experience in the legal arena, and why you want to get in it.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to go to law school?   Answer Question
    • Who do you look up to and why?   Answer Question
    Didn't bother to negotiate. As an entry-level paralegal, they offered me a good base salary, with OT availability.

Attorney, 4th-Year Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Andrews Kurth in July 2008.

The process was straight-forward. It was not run by HR but rather by the respective practice group. The first meeting was two on one interview -- a partner, an associate plus me. Second round was whole practice group (4 partners, 1 of counsel, 1 associate) in a board room batting questions my way.

Fair; good rapport and reasonable partner. The hiccup was that he was in DC and not final authority; had to go through Houston -- that dynamic is difficult in negotiations