Andrews Kurth

Relevance Date Difficulty

Legal Secretary Interview

Legal Secretary
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Andrews Kurth in February 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with 3 HR people. I had 4 call backs. I was not given a start date until 3 months later. I think that was to avoid paying the headhunter fee.

Interview Questions

• The usual: Why do you want to leave your current employer.   View Answer
  • What area of law do you prefer to support attorneys in?   View Answer
  • How do you handle difficult attorneys?   View Answer
  • Why should we hire you over X,Y or Z?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated through a recruiter. I requested more start leave time in lieu of better base salary. I received a sign-on bonus and the requested minimum leave time. I also did not need nor want their health insurance.

Legal Secretary Interview

Legal Secretary

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Andrews Kurth in January 2009.

Interview Details – I was lied to at my interviews.

Interview Question – None - typical questions: Why do you want to leave where you are now?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It took 3 months to finally hire me. I waited for 2 months while they forgot they made an offer.

Paralegal Interview

Paralegal
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Andrews Kurth in May 2009.

Interview Details – Two steps:

1. Interview with HR to determine your qualifications and they give you a broad overview of the company.
2. Interview with 4 associates and 2 partners. I impressed these guys so I got the job. It's all about personality.

Took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Didn't bother to negotiate. As an entry-level paralegal, they offered me a good base salary, with OT availability.

Paralegal Interview

Paralegal
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Andrews Kurth in March 2010.

Interview Details – Very nice attorneys, informative job description and casual conversation to lighten the mood. Very upfront about the pros and cons of the paralegal position and welcoming to any questions or concerns.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a paralegal?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Attorney, 4th-Year Interview

Attorney, 4th-Year

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Andrews Kurth in July 2008.

Interview Details – The process was straight-forward. It was not run by HR but rather by the respective practice group. The first meeting was two on one interview -- a partner, an associate plus me. Second round was whole practice group (4 partners, 1 of counsel, 1 associate) in a board room batting questions my way.

Negotiation Details – Fair; good rapport and reasonable partner. The hiccup was that he was in DC and not final authority; had to go through Houston -- that dynamic is difficult in negotiations

Worked for Andrews Kurth? Contribute to the Community!