Angie's List Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014
34 interviews

2.7

Ad Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Angie's List in February 2014.

Very professional and prompt communication with HR and management to arrange an interview. A couple emails back and forth, a phone conversation with HR, a face to face interview with a manager and the an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Just typical interview questions mostly about what you think the company values in employees and how you can help   Answer Question

Desktop Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Angie's List in July 2014.

I received the initial call for an interview after applying for the position three separate times. When going in for the interview it was very laid back, not stressful. The interview was with 3 other members of the department where I was interviewing for, everyone was in casual wear and not aggressive. Probably one of the best hiring experiences I have had. A lot of the questions they ask pertain to the field your looking to go into but some questions they just throw in for fun to see how you would answer.

Member Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Angie's List in April 2014.

I had an online app via an employee referral and knew someone who enjoyed working here, I followed up that week and got a hold of the recruiter (who I found through LinkedIn) who reached out to me later that week for an impromptu phone screen interview. After the phone interview we set up an in person interview with a manager for a week later at the offices. Everyone was super nice/helpful/excited to be there. Very youthful environment. I took a typing test and verified I could type over 40 wpm and we continued on with our interview. It was more of a conversation than it was a question answer. She explained how the process works, how the company works, large focus on payment. Pretty basic understanding of a job. They told me they'd contact me the next week about the position.

Interview Questions
    • It was more of a conversation than question and answer.   Answer Question

Angie's List sounds like an enjoyable/easyish job but I just didn't understand the value of the product.

Member Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Angie's List in August 2013.

First it was a phone interview, in which they just ask what you know about the company. Then if that went well, they would schedule a in house interview at their corporate office where they give you a tour of the offices. Then came the actual interview with an Assistant Manager of which ever department you are applying for. It seems to take such a long time to hear anything back once the interview is done, so keep calling to keep your name fresh in the minds of the manager.

Interview Questions
    Not too much negotiation. They set their hourly rate and that was it.

Account Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Angie's List.

In person interview, lasted roughly an hour. Subsequently received an offer. Standard interview questions and process. Interviewer did include results from personality test, I had to explain and elaborate on some f the results.

Interview Questions
    • Used results of a personality test- I had to explain results.   Answer Question
    None

Big Deal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Angie's List in March 2014.

First step is to complete an online sales exam evaluating your ability to be successful in a stressful sales environment. Then they will contact you for a face-to-face interview. Be prepared to allow your personality shine and for the mock sale.

Interview Questions
    • I was not prepared for the mock sale at all. Just make sure you are establishing repoire with whomever you interview with and should formulate your sales tactics.   Answer Question

Big Deal Sales Representatdes Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Angie's List.

I do not have a college degree. I felt completely degraded by my interviewer when he asked me if I knew how to use a computer. He also asked me how my current job is "sales". My resume states my current job is a commission based sales position. My previous employment was a position in the computer graphics field. He continued to ask me these same 2 questions multiple times. Very disrespectful. If your company doesn't hire someone without a college background, please don't offer them an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to do a mock telephone cold-call. The interviewer challenged everything I said. I would prefer, at the very lease, to have been given stipulations or mock descriptions of what the intended mock call was for.   View Answer

Advertising Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Angie's List in July 2013.

I applied online. I had an employee referral. I had one interview with the head of advertising sales training and a sales manager. The interview was the shortest I had ever had, less than 20 minutes. They very much play "good cop/bad cop" in the interview. They don't want to know anything about you, just your sales experience and your sales process. They now require a personality/assessment test at the time of application, but this was implemented after I was hired, so I cannot comment on it.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. You either accept their payment plan or you do not accept the job.

IT Auditor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Angie's List.

HR needs to tighten up - i interviewed with a executive management and the recruiter wrote to me the day after interview and asked "did you come for the interview"!!!
    Very slow in getting across updates from hiring manager, information was mostly incomplete. If I didn't feel good about the hiring manager I'd wouldn't have accepted the offer.

Prompt mainly due to the pro activeness of the hiring manager.

Copywriter Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Angie's List in March 2014.

My first contact was with the HR department for a phone interview. It was professionally handled, brief, and the questions were straightforward, such as what is your favorite kind of writing. After I passed that hurdle, I had to do a writing assessment, writing ad copy from scratch, improving poorly written copy, and finding errors in a passage of text with mistakes in it. After I passed that, I was brought on-site for an in-person interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what I thought of the writing assessment. The manager seemed to be trying to deduce whether I had enjoyed it.   View Answer

Worked for Angie's List? Contribute to the Community!