Anglo American

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.5

Senior Human Resources Interim Role Interview

Contacted well over two months ago, but still waiting for interview confirmation and being kept dangling whilst things get shuffled around internally. Even given the festive season in between this is far too long. In-house Recruiter is a personal contact of mine so adds a certain level of awkwardness to things given the lack of professionalism on Anglo's part. Such long timeframes are not acceptable for the interim market. Needless to say have since taken another role. Disappointing experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • Since I didn't get a chance to meet anyone, the only questions were from the Recruiter   View Answer

Commercial Exco Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Anglo American in July 2014.

Computerised tests involved quick maths calculations for job grade 6 (professional and junior management) and problem solving through interpreting symbols for grade 5 (mid management). Face to face interviews cover technical ability and fit with team and line manager and a separate competency based interview conducted by a specialist. Competency based interview was based on desired behaviours outlined in the full job descriptions and come from the Anglo People Way.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you managed a complex project.   View Answer

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Anglo American.

Interview with director of counterpart risk department, and another senior analyst.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of our main business partners?
      How do you evaluate a business partner in automobile industry?

Answer Question

Graduate Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Anglo American.

Very quick process - the company are more interested to see that you are well-rounded and involved in various activities outside of your studies. Highly regard volunteer work, team sports, extra-curricular activities. The interview still involved the stupid scenario questions that are pointless and irritating. Definitely interested in safety conscious.

Interview Questions
    • How have you helped out a friend in a unsafe situation   View Answer
    No negotiation offered.

Document Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Anglo American.

one of my former manager is working for that company, and there is vacancy for Document Controller, and I got the opportunity, received a call first, then interviewed by a Senior Manager, then got the job

No negotiation.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Anglo American in January 2010.

One interview

no negotiation

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rustenburg, North-West (South Africa)
    Anonymous Employee in Rustenburg, North-West (South Africa)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Anglo American in September 2008.

it was about my pesona experience and how did i come out of a difficult situstion and what project did i come with and what was my role on it.

Interview Questions
    • what difficult situation have you been and how did you come out of it?   Answer Question
    • what project did you come with and how succesful has it been?   Answer Question